Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#276 Old 14th May 2016 at 7:29 AM
Hi friends! We need your help - Would you mind taking this Feedback survey for the BETA? We're working on the ALPHA now and would love to find out how to make the best of it :-) http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/oqss...-world-feedback

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 4:03 PM
Heyho.

I really like this world and i'm amazed how you managed to include pretty much all districts/areas.
I downloaded the beta a while ago but I totaly forgot to write a comment.

some issues i've found:
1. routing was pretty crazy
It was kind of funny to watch my sims take the most complicated way to a lot possible. But I have to admit I was kind of impressed to see them "climbing" a really steep mountain without getting stuck anywhere.

The water taxis are a real problem. My Sims tried to take the taxis all the time but they got stuck with them in an endless loop. I had to reset them.

Sims won't take the selfmade bridges. It's probably because sims try to avoid lots when they go to another lot.

2. Community Lots
I know it's still a beta and I don't know what you have planned but I would love to have some more community lots (for shopping, hangout, bars etc) in the different areas. This is where your sims meet other sims.

Funny bug (has probably nothing to do with your world per se)
My Sim managed to walk on the water. Hello Jesus.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#278 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Jun 2016 at 11:38 PM.
In Shang Simla, there is a similar case with the Temple lot. Sims have to pass through multiple lots in order to reach a specific area.
That works well for one sim but if there are more sims, there will be lag. And as you know, the lag is terrible in Shang Simla. :/

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#279 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 1:12 PM
Scrolling through your tumblr I saw a post asking for inspiration from non-LOTR sources for stuff to build in the mountains. Probably a bit late now, but just in case it's of any use here's what I immediately thought of.

There's this tv show on MTV called The Shannara Chronicles. It's based off a series of fantasy books, most of the characters are either elves or human but there's also trolls and gnomes and such. Anyway, you might find some good visual inspiration throughout it, but the 6th episode is what came to mind for specifically mountain stuff. The main characters take shelter in this old abandoned fortress in the mountains. Here's some screenshots of the exterior and main entrance. If you're interested in some more interior shots or the back exit (hidden tunnel followed by a zip line!) just let me know

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#280 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 2:58 PM
Oh sorry I just saw that you indeed listed most of the issues before.
Keep up the good work!
Top Secret Researcher
#281 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 9:27 AM
Sorry if this is too much off-topic, but how did you fix the sims walking on water?
Top Secret Researcher
#282 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:26 PM
I looked upon isengard and it's deffinitelly smaller than you made it... it is exactly three times smaller than you made it. If you having problems with scale/funcionality I could make you object parts of the isengard tower that you could use to place around the entrance of it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#283 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I looked upon isengard and it's deffinitelly smaller than you made it... it is exactly three times smaller than you made it. If you having problems with scale/funcionality I could make you object parts of the isengard tower that you could use to place around the entrance of it.

Just out of curiousity, how do you know it's exactly three times smaller than Crowkeeper made it?

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 3:15 PM
Well, it's a fact (crowkeeper even posted the scale on her tumblr), and it's obvious from the movie that the tower is much smaller in comparison to the rest of the isengard fortress than crow made it.
Top Secret Researcher
#285 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 7:57 PM
I did not complain, really... I only wanted to offer help. If you want, I can make a top object for you. Or you can just leave it as it is. Just as you said, it really does not matter in scale, it's the aesthetics and atmosphere (not accuracy) that it makes this world what it is. And, as gaxili and you said, this is your interpretation on middle earth, so it really does not matter. I really did not want to make you upset.
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:20 PM
Crowkeeper , I think your buildings are awesome and truly amazing! Keep it up *hugs*
Top Secret Researcher
#287 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 12:56 AM
I said "if". I never indended for my original post to be a criticism ( but it probaly ended up sounding like one ). I only stated what whas obvious, and ofering help only "IF" there is a problem with the part I mentioned before it. I would love to see it beeing the right scale, but I understand why it isn't and I apreciate that crow took her time to make isengard at all, considering the sheer amont of time and effort she gave up for this world. I'm really sorry if my post came off as a criticism (I do nothing else in life but critique, but I always mean well)

And, crow, please don't think you failed. You would've failed if you hadn't even tried to make the building. I usually give up when I see there's so much to do. I would never even accept such task as middle earth. not even in my dreams.
Theorist
#288 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:31 PM
Hi .
Just a quick bit of feedback: these fences. I know it's a fantasy world and all, but bendy fences are a bit too out-there IMO.
How about a wall of various sized rocks instead? It would fit well (and better) with the surrounding rocky environment
Also the lake town has too many ruined boats, all replicas of each other. I recommend having 1 or 2 instead instead of 10.
Screenshots

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#289 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:12 PM
yes, those wawy fences look too weak to be considered reiforcments. Wavy rock wall would be nice though
Inventor
#290 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:50 AM
I have to disagree about using full rock fence formations for Edoras. It's a town built with a lot of wood, based on old English/Norse history.
The fences in the movie have a rock foundation with wooden spiky fences on top.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dqCKwYU53sc/maxresdefault.jpg
Instructor
#291 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:02 AM Last edited by Crowkeeper : 28th Jun 2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Updating the map
Hello,
I have been considering this for quite some time and decided not to change the fences. Its definitely a good point that it might be too weak but the truth is that I really like how it looksI believe that since its only a visual issue it shoudlnt be a big problem and anyone who hates it can rebuild it to their liking

Anyway, this is the current state of the map. I also included a map of the BETA version so that you can see the difference:

Beta:

Current state:

As you can see there are still many things that need to be worked on but since it would be hard to adress everything at the same time I would like to start with the biggest problem which is Minas Tirith.
It wasnt really working in the BETA so I decided to completely rebuild the whole thing. The main issue is that the Minas Tirith would need a large map just for itself to look right since it consists of thousands small houses. So Its obvious I have to scale it down...but the question is how?

Here are some pictures of the "real" thing:

This is how it looked in the Beta:

As I already mentioned it wasnt working very well due to lots being too cramped and way too small to really live in. I first thought that making it bigger would solve it but I am not so sure anymore. Can you guys please give me some ideas how to make this work? Or should I not include it it at all?
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Theorist
#292 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:46 PM Last edited by tizerist : 26th Jun 2017 at 10:19 PM.
Some areas look more fleshed out, while others look stripped down. It's hard to tell from this high up.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:43 PM
I'm not a builder, at all, but would it work to just have a few lots accessible to sims and the others just deco to fill it out with?
Top Secret Researcher
#294 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 27th Jun 2017 at 7:01 AM.
I would go with Batsheba's suggestion. Make some of the inner lots "hidden", remove some. You could also move the lowest wall a bit further to the outside (not sure how to say this in proper English) so that there is more room inside the walls on ground level for residental lots.
Theorist
#295 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:27 PM
I was never a fan of the look of that castle TBH, for reasons I gave previously. To achieve that look you might want to check out the Mont Saint Michel hood, with it's 'stepped' housing on a hill, it's a point of reference even if it's not really that similar. I wouldn't cry about losing it, but it's your call on that one.

#BlairWitchPetition
Page 12 of 12