Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 1:57 AM
Default Anti-Shoplifting Poster
Ever go to a store and notice signs saying things like "Shoplifters will be prosecuted," "Smile, you're on camera," or, in the case of Wal-Mart, "Shoplifting can leave a person with a record and impact their life. It's not worth the risk!"? I thought it'd be funny to make one for use in stores in The Sims 2 that says "I was a cheerleader at my high school... before I stole from Tom Nook's Shop." Here's what I have now. I know the cheer uniform could use some work; actually that's another project in itself. Other than that, what else needs to be done with this? Do you think it would be better to make a generic one or a Simlish one instead of having the Tom Nook's Shops branding? Hopefully I can tweak this to perfection without having to retake the mugshot, because that look on Angela's face (I think) was just perfect.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 2:33 AM
I'd opt for a Simlish one if it were me- since just about everything else in the game avoids real-life lettering, an English sign might seem a little out of place. Also, I'd put a border around the image, and put the text below it- having text in front of an image can make it harder to read (or imagine reading, if it's just Simlish nonsense! ), so it'd look a bit more believable that way.

Finally, the woman who heads our publications has something of a crusade against Comic Sans, so I'd be remiss (according to her) if I didn't suggest using a different, more authoritative font!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 6:20 PM Last edited by bnefriends : 7th Nov 2015 at 6:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Also, I'd put a border around the image, and put the text below it- having text in front of an image can make it harder to read (or imagine reading, if it's just Simlish nonsense! ), so it'd look a bit more believable that way.

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 7:13 PM
1. You should find a cheerleader's dress for young adults if you have University installed. You could use this existing dress for your project when you are not really happy with your own dress.

2. Maybe you could give your poster a more dramatic look by using signal colors like red or yellow instead of light blue? It would make it look "more dangerous".

I think such a poster is a really cool idea. Makes everything quite more realistic, especially super markets.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:27 AM Last edited by bnefriends : 23rd Nov 2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: adding updated pictures
Quote: Originally posted by Gincgo
1. You should find a cheerleader's dress for young adults if you have University installed. You could use this existing dress for your project when you are not really happy with your own dress.

2. Maybe you could give your poster a more dramatic look by using signal colors like red or yellow instead of light blue? It would make it look "more dangerous".

I think such a poster is a really cool idea. Makes everything quite more realistic, especially super markets.

I'm aware of the Maxis cheer uniform, I actually like mine better because it looks like the cheer uniforms from my own alma mater school (although I really hope no lady Pirates end up in a situation like this IRL). As a matter of fact, this is an edited version of the Maxis one. It's just I expected someone to point out some minor imperfections around the collar, and if it's enough to ruin it for enough people we I can work on the collar and redo it or use the Maxis one. I will change the colors sometime this week.

Edit: Here's a yellow version. I guess the reason I picked blue before was because it's like the blue screen of death in Windows, but...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:02 AM
The yellow does make the sign look more important. Idk whether or not you said you were going to keep the text English or go Simlish, but maybe some white lettering with black outlining will make the text pop on the white? Just a suggestion

Oh and maybe make the work shoplifting a little larger in size and make it red?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 6:15 PM
How does one get SimPE to work right with the Ultimate Collection? It hasn't worked right for me since I switched to UC.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:53 PM
I know you haven't had a reply in awhile. I really hope you were able to figure it out. Unfortunately, I do not have UC. I look forward to your upload