Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 1:54 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 8th Jan 2016 at 9:00 PM. Reason: Fixed brainfart
Default Upload together, or separately?
Hi guys!

I have a bit of a strange feedback question today. It's not about the creation itself, but rather how to upload it. I am working on a bunch of mods that are very similar but affect different objects. I can't decide if I should upload them all in one thread, or if I should have a separate thread for each object.

Pros of all in one
-> They are related so it makes sense to find all of them in the same place
-> More cohesive and makes a more "impressive" (yes I know that sounds silly) creation

Con of all in one
-> It will end up being A LOT of information, because each one has things that need to be said about it, and I'm worried it will get overwhelming to read

What do you guys think? Do you prefer uploads that are related to be in one place even if that makes the upload text quite long, or would you rather have each things in it's separate upload so that it's less overwhelming? If I do make them separate I'll make it a multi-part set, so they'll still be "grouped" together.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:20 PM
My two cents ... I say the all in one. There are many other mods, or just uploads for that matter, that require alot of information. Most times when the information seems to be a lot, what I've noticed is that a summary (more or less) is given in the main body and then the more individualized information is given in comments.

Two such examples jump to mind and that is the populated neighborhoods and a very old, but still well loved, The Grand Trianon set by The Dream Team.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:15 PM
I'd say together too - you can also spoiler information so that it doesn't initially appear on the download page but will pop up when requested. I did that with some of the information for Polgannon. Mind you I also did what Calibrat describes too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:51 PM
Thanks guys That's really what I wanted to hear, because I feel they belong together in one thread. I'll just have to make sure the information is well organized.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:03 PM
I would do them all together with the info for each one under it's own info spoiler button.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:39 PM
I've seen your uploads, so it's probably too late. But I love chating, so.

I'd have added some bold text here and there (not the titles, but in the main text too) making sure that the reader could get every important informations if he had read the bold texts only.

When something is very important, I add some symbolon too like :

WARNING !!!

or just

OVERVIEW

You can find a list of good codes to write there

So that's it !

You can see my only two uploads *run hide herself for giving advices without much experiences*

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 9:24 PM
I did not know about that page. Useful, thank you

Instructor
#8 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 10:00 PM
My pleasure.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!