Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 10:17 PM
Default Neighborhood Project
So, when I started playin Sims 2 again last year I wanted to try makin an integrated hood. I'd never tried givin sims business and hirin playables and the like. Then as it does, life happened after I was playin for a short time and I was gone again for awhile. Well, I'm back (ok so I"ve been back for a few months now :p) and I still want to try my hood.

I've been workin on creatin some basic starter lots, remodled a few EAxis community lots, and now I have a hood map that I think I'm happy with. Now comes the part of makin the sims. I know I want to start with 6 or 8 husband/ wife families. So, I was wonderin if anyone would like to, I don't want to say help out, but to make a married couple to put in my hood.

I am doing this on a startin level of base game no cc only. I will, eventually, be installin the rest of the EP's and SP's. This means that Sims need to be made in BG/ AGS-BG.
I would love for any backstory for them, as well as the info for the later EP's stuff... (Likes/ dislikes...)

I ask because while I can make the families myself, I sorta tend to make everyone to closely the same and that will get old fast.

I am gona try once I actually get everythin set up the way I like and start to play to document/ do a story of the hood. I'm not sayin I'll be any good at it, but I want to try.

Thanks to any and all who help or give helpful information.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 11:59 PM
You've got a thing for symmetry, I see! Can you tell us anything about this neighborhood - history, economic base, in-game reason it's called Hidden Valley, anything like that?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:23 AM
I do *grins* , but you think it's TOO symetrical? I should change it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 2:09 AM
If it makes you happy, don't change it, my goodness! It's your neighborhood. So why is it called Hidden Valley?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 2:50 AM
I actually had two thoughts, one for last years which was an undiscovered valley, carved out by a possibly long ago meteor strike, hidden in a mountainous area. Then my newest thought for a hood revolved around a young mans dream to give his bride to be a new home he has built on land he inherited from a distant uncle. So I was lookin at mergin the two ideas.

However, while I do like the map, you might be right, that it's really not right. Part of it is I'm still learning what looks good and combatin my own likin of everything in a row I don't mind the suggestion(s).
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:26 AM
@CaliBrat
Is this a neighborhood you plan on uploading? If not, let us know and someone can move it to the right place for you. It's not that you *can't* post wanting feedback, because you certainly can. But feedback for stuff that will be uploaded goes in this forum and feedback for opinions/help/advice goes.. elsewhere.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:32 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 7th Feb 2016 at 2:47 PM.
If this isn't the right place by all means please move to where it should go :D

I wasn't exactly sure where to put it myself and thought this was the best place for my odd post.

Ok, so I did change up the map, and I think I do like this one better. It's no so symetrical, but it also takes into account addin beach lots later when I do add in the other EP.

As for the name of what I'm gonna call the hood, I've changed that too. I'm now thinkin of either Canyon Cove or Fairhaven. Maybe I'll do Canyon Cove as the main hood and then do a shopping/ downtown as Fairhaven. Hmmm...
Screenshots