Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview Recreation

by Elias943 Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM by Elias943

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 285 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 14
Test Subject
#326 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:59 PM
Very cool contribution! I was sad to see that it was only Sunset Valley, though the recreated houses from Pleasantview seem spot on!

I was most excited to see the Pleasant family's house, because I remember spending the majority of my time with them during my time in the Sims 2. Got the game, went in, had no money yet wanted a lovely house from the get-go, and so led my Sim to move in with the Pleasant family!

Memories.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#327 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 2:55 PM
I loved playing Pleasantview in the sims 2 and until I saw this, I didn't realize just how much I missed it from the sims 3! Thanks so much! Can't wait to populate and use this world to create awesome stories and lives for my Sims.
Test Subject
#328 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:12 PM
Default Not Working =[
Quote: Originally posted by Aktnlive
Hi, I just tried downloading this twice with WinRAR. I opened them, part one, then 2 then 3, it gave me a pleasentview file PleasentView.sims3 I placed it in documents/ea/sims3/saves and nothing shows up I looked at my saves and it isnt here. Makes me sad. I was so looking forward to it!!

I'm having the same problem! Please help!
Test Subject
#329 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by modtheshits
At first, it was a MAJOR headache to install. But, now that I figured it out, it's quite cool. I never actually played the sims 2, but this is awesome.
To those who got stuck like I did, here's a little guide:
1) I know some people prefer 7zip (much like me), but you NEED WinRAR to install this. If you don't want to get viruses, remember: the real site to get the WinRAR trial version (since you have to pay for it) is a little site called rarlab.com
2)After installing WinRAR, get a folder and put ALL the files (Parts 1,2, & 3)into it.
3)Open the folder and right click on Part 1. There should be an option that says 'Extract Here'. Click it.
4) While extracting the files, it'll ask time to time again for the different part files. Click the button that makes it so you can see inside the folder (don't remember the name of the button), and click on the next part, then hit 'okay'.
5) After extracting the rar files, place the extracted file in the save folder, located in the sims 3 folder, located in your documents.
6) Start up the game. Now, instead of having to hit new game to use the map, it's already in an save thingy.

Now, before you start playing, remember, there aren't sims already in the house lots. To fix this, hit 'Edit Town', create some sims, and place them in the households yourself.

That ends my guide on how to install this, and a big THANK YOU to the guy/gal who made this.

I did everything correct, but on step 3, when I select to "Extract Here" on part 1, it says "No archives found". Assistance with that? :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#330 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:50 PM
SO do we need to put the sims3 file into the saves or do we need to put it in a folder?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#331 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:00 PM
I opened the world and it says some objects are missing. Ok. I see the world and many lots are missing, do I have to download them seperately from the description where the creator lists the lots and some have links, I need to download those lots?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#332 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
Good thing you did this, 'cause I totally recreated all the ancestrals and Sims from Pleasantview.
Page 14 of 14