Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default how to speed up cas in sims 3 ?
ok the game loads fine and plays extra fine but the cas is stupid and lagging alot when choosing cloths i swear i barley have 400mb of cc why would it slow down that much i cant remove any of them i really cant seem to find a way creating sims is being too hard for me now
in sims 2 it much better after it first loads the content it never slow down loading it again i never faced slow downs even though my cc in sims 2 have reached about 2gb and still no drop down in fps
is there any mod out there to make sims 3 cas better or make it load the cloths like the sims 2 does?
please help i hate the sims 3 cas now alot
im so sorry its the thousand time i ask for help here
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 9:05 AM
I agree, its a total mess!

no answer for it though.. just showing i read it and looking for a way to fix :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 9:25 AM
As far as I can tell, no. Even with combined CC and a computer FAR more powerful than should ever be needed to play TS3 (such that it takes less than 1 minute to load the game even with several gigs of CC and complex custom worlds), loading items in CAS is still slow. It's one of the few parts of the game that is. I'm afraid there probably isn't a resolution to this, though if you've not combined your packages, that would probably help a bit.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:08 PM
One thing you might try is using the Master Controller to only load a single preset thumbnail for CAS clothing, hair, and accessories. If you have a lot of a CC/store/Expansion pack clothing, it seems to reduce load time significantly.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 12:02 PM Last edited by werismyki : 22nd Jan 2014 at 5:07 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4313044, 4315883
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
One thing you might try is using the Master Controller to only load a single preset thumbnail for CAS clothing, hair, and accessories. If you have a lot of a CC/store/Expansion pack clothing, it seems to reduce load time significantly.

can you give me the link again please somebody just give me a link to this and how to use it ?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:01 AM
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:48 PM
It take like an HOUR to create one sim and i need a family of 3 so 3 hours to make a whole family. The game runs fine its just CAS and I need to make about.....7-8 sims or more for my sims 3 series i'm starting called Opposites Attract.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum

I have master controller how do I use that :D
heheheh I haven't found the option.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:22 PM
Go into cas settings. Choose to show things in "compact form" that way you only get ONE color of each item. Not every recolor of the item which takes tons of time to load. You still have all of your recolors there you just just dont have to wait for them all to load. You can do the same for accessories also. It really helps!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:19 PM
Master Controller also has an option to "Hide by Pack" which then doesn't load outfits and hair from any EP or SP that you choose. Really helpful for the Sweet Treats SP.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:22 AM
Thanks I found it! :D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Go into cas settings. Choose to show things in "compact form" that way you only get ONE color of each item. Not every recolor of the item which takes tons of time to load. You still have all of your recolors there you just just dont have to wait for them all to load. You can do the same for accessories also. It really helps!

I wish this worked in Stylist. I don't think it does though.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
I wish this worked in Stylist. I don't think it does though.

It does when you go to the stylist option in Master Controller. I always thought that is essentially the same as using the stylist station?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 10:32 PM
MasterController settings such as Show in Compact Form work in all instances and subsets of CAS called up by MasterController (this includes MC > Stylist). Where players sometimes get confused is when they pull up testingcheats CAS, Plan Outfit (dresser), Change Appearance (mirror), the Stylist makeover station, and when creating new sims in CAH. Those will only get the MC version of CAS and therefore honor things like Compact Form if you have the MC Integration add-on module as well as the base mod.

You can instantly tell if you are in the MC version of CAS or a subset of it by right-clicking on the "..." button in the lower left under which one would find Game Options, Save, etc. The right-click should instead produce an MC Options screen if you aren't in EA's CAS.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:33 PM
Yes, I have Integration now and it works like a charm. I can't believe how fast CAS and Stylist loads in compact form. I'm very happy! I can now fix my Sims up as much as I want without worry about the long loading of each section. (Especially after using CASt, because then you have to wait for it to load again. UGH!) It doesn't take long at all! :D