Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
school times have changed
My sims 3 game has been fine for a while but for some reason the high school end time is now 5:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM. This has never happened to me before so im not sure what caused this. If anyone knows how to change the time back to 2:00 pm please tell me, i cant do much with my teens anymore since they spend almost the entire day in school now.

thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chabooty
My sims 3 game has been fine for a while but for some reason the high school end time is now 5:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM. This has never happened to me before so im not sure what caused this. If anyone knows how to change the time back to 2:00 pm please tell me, i cant do much with my teens anymore since they spend almost the entire day in school now.

thank you

Did you check and make sure they don't have any "after school" programs they joined? I know in the past, my teens would get home late if they had Drama Club or Ballet or anything like that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
Did you check and make sure they don't have any "after school" programs they joined? I know in the past, my teens would get home late if they had Drama Club or Ballet or anything like that.

Thank you for responding and no none of them are in any sort of after school activity. In fact in order to check if that was the problem i made one of my sims join a after school activity and their time at school was extended to 7:00 PM.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 6:54 AM
This is puzzling. The tuning for school times doesn't actually specify an end time. It specifies a begin time and a duration. Many of us have seen side effects of this if our sims get thrown out of the school building midday due to some sort of malfunction and we send them all back inside again, as the "start time" is then way off from what it's intended to be for that day so therefore the end time would be way off as well. But just for that day, the times are usually honored again the next school day.

Are your sims really starting school at 9 am or is that part delayed as well? If you have NRaas MasterController, have you tried resetting the school?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This is puzzling. The tuning for school times doesn't actually specify an end time. It specifies a begin time and a duration. Many of us have seen side effects of this if our sims get thrown out of the school building midday due to some sort of malfunction and we send them all back inside again, as the "start time" is then way off from what it's intended to be for that day so therefore the end time would be way off as well. But just for that day, the times are usually honored again the next school day.

Are your sims really starting school at 9 am or is that part delayed as well? If you have NRaas MasterController, have you tried resetting the school?

The school time does start at 9 am with no delay and no. How do you do that with the master control?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chabooty
The school time does start at 9 am with no delay and no. How do you do that with the master control?

Preferably with no sims inside, click on the ground of the school lot, a wall of the school, or its map tag and NRaas > MC > Reset Lot.

Or you could bulldoze and replace the school, but that will reset everyone's school performance to 0.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:32 AM
Preferably with no sims inside, click on the ground of the school lot, a wall of the school, or its map tag and NRaas > MC > Reset Lot.

Or you could bulldoze and replace the school, but that will reset everyone's school performance to 0.

Thank you for the Master control instructions unfortunately resetting the lot didn't do anything to the time nor did bulldozing the lot.
I tried resetting the lot with different households to see if there was any change but there wasn't.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 6:09 AM
Okay, couple of other things worth trying to see where the problem is coming from.

-- Is it the case that your sims are scheduled to stay in school until 5pm or is your school overcrowded and it's just taking that long for everyone who doesn't have school activities to exit?

-- Try a test run (no need to save it) of your saved game with no mods at all except maybe for NRaas mods (and clear the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents). If the problem clears up the next sim day, then it's another mod causing it.

-- Try a test run, with your current mod set, of a freshly created world and see if the problem follows you over there.
Site Helper
#9 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:14 PM
I'm wondering if having so many kids in the neighborhood heading for that school that it takes them 3 hours to all get into the building would affect the end time?

Edit: GRR! That's a horrible sentence!
If you have a lot of kids in the neighborhood, it will take time for them to all get into the door while school is open. But if they are lined up, they count as "going to school." If they get in before school is supposed to be over, they now count as "at school."
I've never had a family where I was paying attention to school times when there were 20+ kids in the neighborhood, so I'm wondering if having the kids taking 3 hours to all get into the building might add 3 hours to the school times?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 1:38 AM Last edited by chabooty : 9th Nov 2016 at 1:51 AM.
Okay, couple of other things worth trying to see where the problem is coming from.

-- Is it the case that your sims are scheduled to stay in school until 5pm or is your school overcrowded and it's just taking that long for everyone who doesn't have school activities to exit?

-- Try a test run (no need to save it) of your saved game with no mods at all except maybe for NRaas mods (and clear the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents). If the problem clears up the next sim day, then it's another mod causing it.

-- Try a test run, with your current mod set, of a freshly created world and see if the problem follows you over there.

The sims are scheduled to stay in school until 5:00 PM overcrowding isn't a problem. I tried your second suggestion with a new world. First i took out all mods in the mods>package folder except the nraas mods and all installed content located in the sims 3 launcher. There was no problem so i repeatedly added the old custom content back into the game and everything was fine until i added pregnancy clothes back into the mods folder and the time was converted back to 5:00 pm i checked to see if the problem was also happening to my original world and it was. I removed the mod out of the folder and checked back with the test world (the new world) and everything was fine and the time was 2:00 PM again but when i checked back into my original world the time was 5;PM instead of 2;00PM.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm wondering if having so many kids in the neighborhood heading for that school that it takes them 3 hours to all get into the building would affect the end time?

Edit: GRR! That's a horrible sentence!
If you have a lot of kids in the neighborhood, it will take time for them to all get into the door while school is open. But if they are lined up, they count as "going to school." If they get in before school is supposed to be over, they now count as "at school."
I've never had a family where I was paying attention to school times when there were 20+ kids in the neighborhood, so I'm wondering if having the kids taking 3 hours to all get into the building might add 3 hours to the school times?

I have about 5 teens in total plus ncps that i never see. Children are also in the game not sure how many their are but their time isn't affected . The students get to the school at their own time whether through bus or taxie so theirs never overcrowding at the doors. Maybe the amount of teens is affecting the time.