Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 9:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default CC disappearing after merging files?
I've just merged my CC to try and reduce lag. Sure my game is going way faster now, which is great, but some of my CC is missing. I have read that this has happened to others but not found a cause or solution. Does anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 9:33 PM
What is Missing? Is it just CC (objects, CAS items, etc.) or did you also merge actual Mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 7:51 PM
No I didn't merge mods. I tried to read up as much as I could. It's all CC and its very organised lol. I've only checked CAS I noticed hairs and clothes/accessories missing. I haven't checked my objects or build/buy mode CC but I'm not as bothered about that, I probably wouldn't notice
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carysmarie
No I didn't merge mods. I tried to read up as much as I could. It's all CC and its very organised lol. I've only checked CAS I noticed hairs and clothes/accessories missing. I haven't checked my objects or build/buy mode CC but I'm not as bothered about that, I probably wouldn't notice

That narrows it down. Thank you for clarifying. The only thing I can suggest, and I'm not sure it's the right answer, is perhaps it will take a few game sessions for everything to load in. Sorry I do not have a better answer but I do not merge anything. Hopefully someone in here will be able to provide more insight to the merging concept.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 8:38 PM
I had this happen when I merged all my files for Sims 3. Sadly what I ended up doing was finding the "missing" cc again and placing it in my mods file solo. I could not figure out how to get it to show again after it disappeared.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:42 AM
Omg I'm trying to learn how to merge my cc but reading this scares the hell out of me
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 8:18 PM
Just make sure that when you merge things you keep the original unmerged file and it will never be a problem.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Just make sure that when you merge things you keep the original unmerged file and it will never be a problem.

Thanks. I always do backups on everything...no worries there
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 7:28 AM
I've just merged my CC to try and reduce lag. Sure my game is going way faster now, which is great, but some of my CC is missing. I have read that this has happened to others but not found a cause or solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Quote: Originally posted by Persian
I had this happen when I merged all my files for Sims 3. Sadly what I ended up doing was finding the "missing" cc again and placing it in my mods file solo. I could not figure out how to get it to show again after it disappeared.

Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany562411
Omg I'm trying to learn how to merge my cc but reading this scares the hell out of me

To all of the above that I've quoted, first of all.. I'm not sure if I understand the subject correctly.. or my opinion could answers the question why the OP's CC are missing after the merge, so.. if I understood the subject correctly, the OP is trying to merge CC, CC as Sims3Pack files instead of package files (mods files)??

As far as I know, I don't know if that is possible, I mean like there's a direct steps to merge them.. like merging package files with S3PE, I personally have never used CC Magic.. so I don't know if the subject is doable with CC Magic because I don't have any experience using CC Magic, so I hope I'm in the same path of understanding in this subject, the only way I know so we can merge package files is with S3PE but I don't know if we can merge CC (Sims3Pack) files like merging package files (whether it's with CC Magic or S3PE).

The one way that I understand about how to merge anything inside CC (Sims3Pack) files, is to convert them first to package files and then merge them with S3PE (assuming the converted package files are free from conflicts, corrupts and duplicates), and keep the original converted package files separately (for backup) from the merged package file.

And the other way to merge them but without converting the Sims3Pack files to package files first, is by installing them first with TS3 Launcher to the game, and then delete everything inside the DCBackup folder (except the ccmerged.package file) and run the game at least once. And from here.., after we knew that the CCs were running in the game, the next step to merge them is by cloning the CC installed to the game with S3OC, run S3OC, set up the CC's installation directory to S3OC, and clone every each one of them so then we will have the package files version of those CCs that already tested with the game running.

Next is, when that cloning steps are done and we have them saved in separate folder, check those package files with Sims3Dashboard before merging with the other package files (coming from mod files) we intend them to merge. And then the next step when all are free from conflicts, corrupts, and duplicates, then merge them with S3PE, and now we have all of them merged together.

When placing this final merged package file to the mods folder, we'll need to remove or clean up the DCCache folder to remove the CCs that previously installed to the game otherwise it will conflicts with the merged file we just merged, once this done, place the merged package file to the mod folder.

So I hope that could answer and fix the missing CC as the subject of this thread, but if I may also add to the subject.., one thing that I also got from merging these files (and also customizing my TS3 Fullbuild.package files), merging the package files will help the game to load faster but not necessarily reducing the lags in the game, getting rid of the corrupts and/or conflicts and/or the duplicate ones also help the game to load faster whether when the game was just started, or loading a new or saved game or loading stuff in game and loading stuff in CAS mode, but not necessarily reduce the lags, I mean eliminating corrupts, conflicts and duplicates.. it does help to reduce the lags in game mode but not that much.., because there lot of other factors that contributes the game to lag.., but for sure.. merging package files, eliminating the corrupts, conflicts and duplicate ones.. helps the game to load faster in every part of the game..

And that is the reason why I even custom my TS3 Fullbuild.package installation files.., and even add/put (not by merging) objects mods files like hairs, clothing, cars.. etc to the Fullbuild.package files, the results my game loads faster when the game start loading, when in game mode or in live/build mode, and in CAS mode, because the game (engine) reads all the things that I added to the Fullbuild.package files as is like originally the game without CCs or Mods, but this only applies to.. or works with objects, the rest of the mods like core mod, script, new/add-on meshes, skins I left them in the mods folder as mod..

And as for the lags, the only way to reduce it to minimum level, is by redesigning the EA's world, the houses, the buildings, the roads, rerouting the routes etc.. or use self own made world, because the nature of the open world of TS3 makes it almost impossible to get rid of the lags to 100%, at certain point it will lags no matter what, and the lack of capping fps also contributes to the lags to happen.. (not only damaging to the graphic device if the game run without FPS limiter)..

Well anyway, I hope that could answers and helps the missing CCs, other topics that I added was just to give a better perspective how TS3 run the game because it's an open world simulation game and what to expect with the result with merging and customizing other things with the game..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 11:21 AM
Hi everybody OP back here

I think I've basically been very dumb and the packages that weren't showing up I had not actually included in the merge in the first place *embarrassed face*. I've been through all my files again (I had backed up everything, phew!) and now have everything I need, so will re-merge.

Just to clarify I'm using S3PE and merging package files. If I download a Sims3Pack I make it a .package with Delphy's Multi Extractor.