Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I know if CC Magic actually merged files?
Sorry, I feel like this is a dumb question but when I try merging files with CC Magic nothing seems to happen? I don't even know if it did or not.

I previously merged packages using S3PE which actually created a single file of all the packages merged. Then I moved all those packages out to another folder for safe keeping and kept only the single merged package so I can keep my mods folder organized with few files as possible. Anyway, when using CC Magic to try merging, I go the folder that I want merged, click rebuild, and nothing happens. It rebuilt successfully. But no merged package file was created or anything. If I change the name before I rebuild it then it changes to that so I know it must be doing something but I have no clue if I'm even supposed to see a merged package file at all. Does it really just look exactly the same after merging? With all the individual packages still there in the mods folder?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:36 AM
The merged files show up as the sets you defined in CCMagic. The merged files are in the Cache folder which is in the Mods folder.
In order to merge with CCMagic, you have to put all files (Sims3packs and packages) into the Downloads folder first.
The non-merged files then show up in the CCMagic folder (in Electronic Arts) in Contents.
It won't touch any package files in the Packages folder. This is the "Legacy" set. I use it for Mods that I don't want merged.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The merged files show up as the sets you defined in CCMagic. The merged files are in the Cache folder which is in the Mods folder.
In order to merge with CCMagic, you have to put all files (Sims3packs and packages) into the Downloads folder first.
The non-merged files then show up in the CCMagic folder (in Electronic Arts) in Contents.
It won't touch any package files in the Packages folder. This is the "Legacy" set. I use it for Mods that I don't want merged.

Ahhh, that's exactly where I wrong. Surprising since I knew that you were supposed to put all mods in the Downloads folder. I had CC Magic once and did it that way but eventually deleted it after it deleted a number of CC and I found it a little confusing. Merging with S3PE while probably more time consuming is just more straight forward to my brain for some reason. I'll probably try again with CC Magic know that I remember how to do it properly but might just stick with s3pe.

Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:26 AM
There is a tutorial which might help.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic