Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:44 PM
Default Vest Lace UV map problem
Hi!

I have a new problem.
It´s very hard to describe, but as you may know, I am working with Hatsune Miku´s outfit from Project Diva Dreamy Theatre 2nd.
She has laces on the vest, that´s need to be UV-mapped.
I can´t figure out how to do the UV-map properly on the laces in Milkshape.
The point is, the default texture that came with the folder is the size of 128x1024 pixels, it need to be reduced to fit on the body template from CmarNYC.
Now comes the problem, when I scale the texture down to fit on the template the mesh/texture in milkshape looks wrong, only the laces near the armpits shows correctly.
(Not on the collar and the bottom vest though.)
What should I do?

Thanks in advanced!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Default.zip (13.70 MB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: If you have Milkshape or another 3D Program, look on Default(Wavefront OBj).
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:59 PM
Hey Kagamine Rin!

I opened the Mesh in Blender and I didn't know it was a model without the head on it. (Now that wasn't necessary). But, I realised that it has a lot of groups, which most models have. Though, I'm not sure if you're trying to make it for the sims 3 or just for other purpose. The reason why the UV is showing up so weird is, every group has it's own uv map. If you're using it for the sims, I suggest to join the groups you want (Like the torso with the arms). Because it's really confusing me what you want to have uv-mapped and what not.