Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:58 AM
How to Make Fairy Wing Replacements
Just Like the Title says, how do you do it, I've tried editing one of merkoba's Wing Replacements but so far I Haven't gotten the game to start properly, (I was using the S3PE program to do it [really confusing by the way, so far I haven't found decent instructions on how to use it] I clicked edit/import image, and used an image from the internet to replace it with [as far as I'm aware of it]) am I doing something wrong or what?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:40 PM
Depends.It could be the way you exported/imported the image. The wings do need an alpha channel and saved as an PNG if you want to keep the IMG file the same way. Else I would suggest to use DXT5 to export it (Actually it is an .DDS file which keeps the alpha channel.)
But is it just replacing the texture the problem or is it making a replacement in general?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 5:05 AM
making a replacement in general actually. Is there a tutorial for it or what? By the way what is DXT5, and where might I find it?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 6:37 PM
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ements_with_CTU

It's not exactly about the wings, but it's how it would work in general. The wings can be found in DeltaBuild2.package. The wings cam be found where the list actually starts with ep7. There you will find a name like ep7DragonFlyWing and if you click on it you'll see the image of the fairy wing.
If you want to know how to do the 'instance' part. Just click on the file of whatever wings you chose, double click on it and this window will show up. Select the code from the Instance bar and there you go! You have the instance you needed. I tried it myself though and the only thing that showed up was just the same file.
I don't know if there is any difference in doing this with wings though, but I hope this does help you out ^-^