Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:11 PM
Export meshes from CAS?
When I go on CAS Texture Unitool and I select, in the Find a CAS Part , Adult, Male and Hair, an error message appear, saying that it's impossible to find the acces to c:\Users\P6\Documents\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 3\[...]\amHairEmo.caspart . Then I have two choices: Continue or Quit. I was wondering what was causing this error message, because I'd like to export the meshes of the Emo Hair style (and it doesn't work because of that, and when I hit Export Meshes, another error message appear, similar to the other)

Thank you for your answers!

(I joined the error message, but it's in french, sorry. It's similar to english, though)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 5:24 PM
Did you remember to download both files from the CTU thread, and extract them to the same place?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 6:55 PM
Is there a specific place I have to extract the files? If not, I put them in the same folder, and it's still not working...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:16 PM
Have you tried running CTU as administrator?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:19 PM
Go to the path indicated in the error message (where you installed CTU to) - what do you see in the casparts folder?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
Have you tried running CTU as administrator?

I just tried it, but it's the same as usual :/

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Go to the path indicated in the error message (where you installed CTU to) - what do you see in the casparts folder?

I see all the CASPART files.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 9:47 PM
Including amHairEmo.caspart?

If yes, then move the CTU folder somewhere else. It can be anywhere - just not inside the Les Sims 3 folder. Sims 3 does weird things to folder permissions, both when it's running and after it's closed, and that may well be interfering.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:32 AM
Including amHairEmo.caspart?

If yes, then move the CTU folder somewhere else. It can be anywhere - just not inside the Les Sims 3 folder. Sims 3 does weird things to folder permissions, both when it's running and after it's closed, and that may well be interfering.

Yes, all 1561 caspart are there!
But do I have to put MTS_CTU_Team_987224_CasParts inside the MTS_CTU_Team_987146_CasTextureUnitool folder or something like that? If yes, is there a specific place for it?
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FancyCake
But do I have to put MTS_CTU_Team_987224_CasParts inside the MTS_CTU_Team_987146_CasTextureUnitool folder or something like that?

exactly like that
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 1:06 PM
Also bear in mind that the folder should be called casparts, not MTS_CTU_Team_987224_CasParts - perhaps you should just take a screenshot of your CTU folder so we can see what's there.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:36 PM
Also bear in mind that the folder should be called casparts, not MTS_CTU_Team_987224_CasParts

Ah! That's it! I just kept the whole things and put it in the folder. I didn't know I just had to put the caspart folder. Thank you very much for helping me ! ^_^