Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:06 PM
Default Making “hat” hair with DABOOBS
Does anyone know if this is possible? HP’s tutorial says it isn’t, but I notice that’s dated 2009, so I was wondering if anything has changed in the interim.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM
DABOOBS hasn't been updated as far as I know, so it's unlikely that hat hair support has been added.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:16 AM
Thank you for the help. :/ Wonder how Delphy would respond to some begging and pleading...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:44 AM
You can make hat hair using Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool - I make my hat hairs with it and it works great for that purpose.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 8:33 PM
Esmerelda: really??? Is there a tutorial or anything explaining how to do this?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't know of one - I figured it out by experimenting and trial and error. But basically, if you know how to use CTU to make clothes, it's the same idea, the only difference being that on the page where you input your texture files, you input textures for both your fabric section of the hat hair and for the hair itself - so, you're having to put in two sets of textures instead of one.

Here's a screenie of CTU's texture tab with one of my hair packages loaded, to show you what it looks like, to hopefully point you in the right direction. The 'Texture Details', 'Clothing Details' 'Mask' and 'Overlay' are used for the fabric part of the hat hair, and the other textures under 'Hair Details' are the hair textures. Hope this helps at least a bit, and good luck!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:04 AM
Thank you!!! Off to practise making clothes right now!