Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:02 PM
Default Possible to Access Master Controller while in CAS?
Hey guys! I was wondering if it is possible to Access the master controller options while you are in CAS? I am trying to layer makeup but so far the only way i know how to do that is on an active lot while editing an active Sim.

If I wanted to create a brand new family in the CAS screen how can i access NRAAS? Is there a way?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:04 PM
Maybe, I haven't tried on a brand new game, but to access the MasterController CAS options from CAS, right click the game options button, the round blue button that looks like this (...) Hopfully you know what I mean, I'm confusing myself with my own instructions.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:26 PM
Don't think there is a way, no.

To get makeup to layer you want to go to Master Controller > settings > CAS > multiple makeup per layer, I think it's called. Then use MC to go into CAS on the Sim you want to edit, and slap 3454563545635 different pieces of makeup on them!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:50 AM
Thank you Bloodi! So I have to create the family first, slap them into their house...and THEN edit them from there. Got it, thank you so much and sorry for being such a noob.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:00 AM
You can actually access MC from within CAS. When you right-click on the "..." options button in CAS (to the far right at the bottom) the Master Controller CAS settings menu should pop up.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:19 AM.
Okay I'm going to have to test this when my Sims get back home now because I've never seen MC options in CAS before o_o. Sorry about the misinformation there, labella!

e: nope, no MC option in CAS for me.

-Lessons
-Options
-Main menu
-Quit
-Open Launcher
-Open Downloads Dashboard (which required a sign in so fuck that)
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:28 AM
I don't have it either, can someone clarify?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:45 AM
Yeah see that's exactly why I didn't think it was possible, because all the time I've used MC, I have never seen an option for it in CAS. ._.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:33 AM
That's the correct button, but don't open the menu, just right click on the button.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:00 AM
By right clicking on the (...) the MC CAS settings will appear but the only makeup option available is to enable or disable the makeup filter.
You can adjust the intensity of the makeup by using the "capacity" slider in CAS at the bottom of the window and to slap on more makeup click on the little brush to the right of that and use the swatches and color wheel tabs.
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Yeah see that's exactly why I didn't think it was possible, because all the time I've used MC, I have never seen an option for it in CAS. ._.
Hm, it works for me and I've been using it regularly. Do you have the Integration module in addition to the MC base mod?
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:32 PM
To access MC while in CAS you will need MC+Integration module

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Hm, it works for me and I've been using it regularly. Do you have the Integration module in addition to the MC base mod?

Oh shit, no I don't. Okay, add Integration and right click. Thanks guys!
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:12 PM
No, it doesn't require a module. Just right click on settings and...there.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:36 PM
Are you sure, Irish? Because I just tested it and right clicking on the ... button without the module provided exactly the same menu as left clicking.
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:04 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:26 PM.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I did it today, to test. But...maybe your game works differently?

ETA: Stupid me, I did the wrong thing
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Welp. Next time I go in I'll add the module anyway just so I can give it another bash.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:00 PM
It works for me when module is installed.Thank you!
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I did it today, to test. But...maybe your game works differently?
I guess this depends on what kind of CAS you enter. MasterController has its own CAS with Stylist and Edit In CAS; the right-click option to access the settings should work there without Integration.
Integration expands MasterController's CAS functions by replacing the standard CAS (Create A Household, Dresser, Mirror, and the Stylist station) with MasterController's version.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:42 AM
Well adding Integration to my game prompted it to crash when I tried to load a neighbourhood up, and I'm far too lazy to troubleshoot. Still, it's a handy tip to know!
Alchemist
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Are you sure, Irish? Because I just tested it and right clicking on the ... button without the module provided exactly the same menu as left clicking.

Have you tried middle-clicking it? I'm pretty certain it was middle-click, not right-click...

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:45 PM
No I haven't, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.
Scholar
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:19 PM
Oh, I used MC's CAS when I was testing it. Whoops!