Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:03 PM
Default HSV Shift Patterns (looking for help)
So I got a request to make a horizontal version of the pattern PineKnotted02VerMed, which is a HSV wood. This is what I did:

1)Extracted the .dds and .xml of the source pattern. Rotated the .dds and saved under a new name.

2)Ran the new.dds through the pattern packager and created a new pattern.

3)Opened the new pattern in s3pe, and the extracted (HSV) xml in note pad. Copy/pasted the variables chunk from the HSV pattern to the new pattern, substituting my new patterns 'key:...." in the first line. Copy/pasted the destination chunk.

4)Saved and checked in game.

Its sorta working.... In the pic the lighter colored wood is EAs, the dark is mine. (I've rotated the floor tile, it is using the rotated .dds, that's not the issue) Both have the exact same color on them, so its something I've done.

If anyone has a chance to look at this I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pineKnotted02HorMed.zip (146.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:20 PM
If all you want to do is rotate the DDS file, then just rotate it, copy the XML and change the key to the new DDS one. Don't run it through pattern packager or anything else.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:26 PM
I mostly ran it through the packager to get the key. And for the pattern list xml, I wasn't sure how important that was.

Also, won't that just overwrite the original? I want both a horizontal and a vertical version.