Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#5651 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:36 PM
I have a question about the game files. I have some text documents in my Sims 3 folder and a ".mdmp" file, named the same, there. The files are all called "xcpt (Name)-PC (Date) (Time)". Can I delete those? I have about five of them. Like, are they similar to error reports or .cache files I can safely delete or should I keep them?
Advertisement
Instructor
#5652 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have a question about the game files. I have some text documents in my Sims 3 folder and a ".mdmp" file, named the same, there. The files are all called "xcpt (Name)-PC (Date) (Time)". Can I delete those? I have about five of them. Like, are they similar to error reports or .cache files I can safely delete or should I keep them?

Those are probably info about recent crashes. If you have a crash log analyzer, it can read them and tell you why your game crashed. If not, no harm in deleting them.
Top Secret Researcher
#5653 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

Here is a wiki listing of The Files In The Sims Game Explained.
Top Secret Researcher
#5654 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:59 AM
Thank you for your replies- Ghost, Don, nikel23, and Eehna.
Instructor
#5655 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 3:26 AM
Is there a way to delete a lifetime reward from a slot? I ask because all the slots on my sim are full and kind of need to replace one, is there a way to do that. I tried using Master Controller as it was supposed to have an option to do this but I couldn't find it, even with the cheats ad on.

Short of that is there a mod that removes the accuse of cheating interacting from the game, becuase my game is glitched and it has gotten out of control.

Thank you for your time.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#5656 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 6:09 AM
You're right, it's possible to remove a Lifetime Reward with MasterController: NRaas > Master Controller > Advanced > Traits > Drop Rewards.
Scholar
#5657 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Those are probably info about recent crashes. If you have a crash log analyzer, it can read them and tell you why your game crashed. If not, no harm in deleting them.

Only 'crash' I recently recall is when I was just done having made a 3 Sim teen-child family, hit accept and it started Processing on the CAS screen itself, not the portrait... making me lose my work, because I had to forcefully turn the Sims 3 off, because it was stuck. But outside of that, nothing that was a 'crash'.
Alchemist
#5658 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Is there a way to delete a lifetime reward from a slot? I ask because all the slots on my sim are full and kind of need to replace one, is there a way to do that. I tried using Master Controller as it was supposed to have an option to do this but I couldn't find it, even with the cheats ad on.

Short of that is there a mod that removes the accuse of cheating interacting from the game, becuase my game is glitched and it has gotten out of control.

Thank you for your time.

There's no limit of how many lifetime rewards a Sim may have. If it's full, a scroll bar will appear.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#5659 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
You're right, it's possible to remove a Lifetime Reward with MasterController: NRaas > Master Controller > Advanced > Traits > Drop Rewards.

Thanks a bunch, you just saved my game that i have been playing for weeks.

Was the on limit on lifetime rewards thing patched in? Because on my game it will not let me buy any more once the first screen is full and it always has been that way. Odd.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Site Helper
#5660 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:19 PM
I'm at patch 1.67 and have the scrollbar, although I have no idea when it turned up.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#5661 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
That is the patch I have and I just tired and yeah it is letting me add more lifetime rewards now, it used to not let me do that, once the first screen was full that was it and I haven't tried doing it again since I patched it to that level so I guess it was in that patch or an earlier one that I didn't notice.

Thanks again, I never would have thought to even try that if no one had told me it had been changed.

My PC specs.
Scholar
#5662 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM
Is there a way to disable the forced sleep schedule? Like if a sim works at night, I usually send him to bed when he comes home so he can spend the day with family/friends/skilling/whatever and still has enough energy to go to work the next night. But if the sim stays home, I have to keep him busy or he switches into sleepwear and goes to bed.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Site Helper
#5663 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
You could have him take a nap on days when he's not working, although that might cause him to nap when you want him sleeping.

Or make liberal use of potions to keep him from being tired, although that might work better with sims (like mine) who don't actually ever have a schedule to keep and therefore haven't learned much beyond "If the sun is up, and you're not a vampire, you nap rather than sleep."

But this might throw a monkey wrench into the works if you want him to keep going to bed when he gets home from work.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#5664 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:26 AM
The problem is, during the day he isn't tired. He goes to bed with his energy bar 75% full and could hold out until after work. It's the game that sends him to bed, like it sends sims with a "normal" schedule to bed around 11pm - which often means they are fully awake around 3am (at least in my game).

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Top Secret Researcher
#5665 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 4:23 AM
Is there a way to keep homemade pet food from getting stuck in the sim's inventory, so the pet can actually eat it?

Does the NRaas Traffic mod allow WA worlds to spawn LN food trucks?

Thanks all!
Mad Poster
#5666 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 6:30 AM Last edited by igazor : 15th Jul 2016 at 6:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Is there a way to keep homemade pet food from getting stuck in the sim's inventory, so the pet can actually eat it?

Does the NRaas Traffic mod allow WA worlds to spawn LN food trucks?

Thanks all!

1 - That's an item that, for whatever reason known only to the game's developers, is supposed to be stuck. There are no interactions on gourmet pet food. When a sim who has some in their inventory clicks on a pet bowl that isn't full, "Fill with Gourmet Food" is supposed to be an available choice among the others and then when finished, the amount of that gourmet food will decrease by 1 unit.

2 - Yes, the settings for Traffic work in all worlds. On the map tag of Base Camp (substituting for City Hall in WA worlds that have none), NRaas > Traffic > Food Trucks > Max Food Trucks. Enter 0 of course if you don't want them in that world.
Top Secret Researcher
#5667 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:55 AM
Thanks @igazor - I guess I posted in the right place because that *was* a stupid question. I can't believe that for all these years I was waiting for EA to patch the "pet food gets stuck in inventory" bug, and it was actually a feature. Ah, EA- got me again.

As for the Traffic mod, I was wondering if I have it installed, but don't change the settings, so they are all set to default, would it be strange to see a LN food truck on the streets of France, 'cause I did, and it was.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5668 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 1:36 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 15th Jul 2016 at 2:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
The problem is, during the day he isn't tired. He goes to bed with his energy bar 75% full and could hold out until after work. It's the game that sends him to bed, like it sends sims with a "normal" schedule to bed around 11pm - which often means they are fully awake around 3am (at least in my game).
Yes, there seems to be a default time for when the game will wake up Sims who have regular careers and a default "go to bed"-time 8 hours in advance, accordingly. Sims who start work at 9am will be woken up at 7am at the latest, Sims who start work in the afternoon (like culinary at 3pm) will wake up at 10am, and Sims in the criminal career will sleep until 7pm (work starts at 9pm). The default time for wake up for self-employed Sims is 6am, for whatever reason.
This means that if they are awake during their scheduled sleep time, they will always autonomously try to go to bed until their wake-up call is due.

Other than micromanaging them, I see no other way to prevent them from doing this. Although the fixed times suggest that there could be some tuning somewhere in the game files.
Mad Poster
#5669 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
As for the Traffic mod, I was wondering if I have it installed, but don't change the settings, so they are all set to default, would it be strange to see a LN food truck on the streets of France, 'cause I did, and it was.

When a connected world within the same game sees an NRaas mod for the first time, it picks up the settings that you had in place in the world you traveled there from. So if you had Traffic set to 0, 2, or 17 food (or ice cream) trucks in your starting point, that's how many you might see in France. Same with the Traffic Delta setting that generates the fake taxis for ambiance -- those might look nice in Bridgeport but they would be out of place in many other worlds. A good setting to suppress those would be something on the order of -300.

Once you change a setting in a connected world, it remains changed independently of the other worlds within that game.
Top Secret Researcher
#5670 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM
Thanks again, igazor. And thanks for the link, in the other thread, to IP world fixes by Ciane. I found most of them, added a few from Don Babilon, and picked up a few more from Ciane. IP is a pain to set up, but worth it when you get it running (mostly) smoothly.
Site Helper
#5671 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 6:00 AM
What are
StoreObjectsPhoneTableMidCModsuite
and
StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity?

As far as I can tell, I actually don't have either one, even though my script errors about finding destroyed objects say that I do. I was guessing that the TreeOfProsperity is either a tree I'm not seeing (or recognizing?) in build mode or a Special tree seed I'm not planting because I thought it was a money tree, but I have no idea whether the other one is a phone that goes on a table, a table that is designed to hold a phone, or something which appears completely unrelated to either phones or tables. And my Launcher was absolutely no help because it wasn't showing anything that I thought might be related to either of those.

But I don't want to bother them at NRAAs with a script error that isn't really an error if I actually do have those and don't realize it. (I also don't really want to plant any money tree seeds because I get my sims reset when they harvest one.)

Scholar
#5672 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 9:22 AM Last edited by arathea : 16th Jul 2016 at 9:43 AM.
The tree of prosperity is a premium item that comes with Lunar Lakes. link

ETA:
There are also several sets labeled Mid-Century but I can't see an object that might fit the file name. link

Mad Poster
#5673 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
What are
StoreObjectsPhoneTableMidCModsuite
and
StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity?

As far as I can tell, I actually don't have either one, even though my script errors about finding destroyed objects say that I do. I was guessing that the TreeOfProsperity is either a tree I'm not seeing (or recognizing?) in build mode or a Special tree seed I'm not planting because I thought it was a money tree, but I have no idea whether the other one is a phone that goes on a table, a table that is designed to hold a phone, or something which appears completely unrelated to either phones or tables. And my Launcher was absolutely no help because it wasn't showing anything that I thought might be related to either of those.

But I don't want to bother them at NRAAs with a script error that isn't really an error if I actually do have those and don't realize it. (I also don't really want to plant any money tree seeds because I get my sims reset when they harvest one.)

The Tree of Prosperity is an object from Lunar Lakes.
http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:47932

When ErrorTrap is cleaning things up, it catches unusable or corrupt beyond repair items such as instances of this object and that this object spawns, and gets rid of the useless data associated with them. I don't even have LL or the Tree, but my ET logs say that I do. It must be one of those objects that's in the game files but not really supposed to be activated unless you have purchased the world it came with. No clue on the PhoneTable, that shows in my logs as well, but I bet it's something similar.
Instructor
#5674 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 9:59 AM
The telephone was a registration gift for the Generations EP (Vintage Rotary Phone in the Catalogue).
Mad Poster
#5675 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
The telephone was a registration gift for the Generations EP (Vintage Rotary Phone in the Catalogue).

Now that I might have. My sims should be sitting by it all day waiting for some scammer to call and offer to fix their computers.
Page 227 of 385