Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:29 AM
Default The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff Pack
Wow lots of leaks going on with EA! April seems to be leak month, anywho a new stuff pack has been leaked supposedly Stuff Pack #7 and due for release in July? And now KPST is supposedly a Special Edition Pack and not a stuff pack...More Information here: http://simsvip.com/?p=10022
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:33 AM
When I read Diesel, I was hoping for trains...but then I was like, why not steam engines? Now that I know it's about clothes, I'm kinda bored. (I have to be the worst girl ever.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:32 AM
Yay, Its ironic because I am a guy and I am more psyched about this than the girl above me. Half my closet is Diesel, now my Sim's closet can be to.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:48 AM
Shoot! I am hyped for this, the hope for some major male clothes and more masculine types of stuff is going to make me want this more. Now KPST is a special edition and not major SP, my prayers may have been answered. I have to do more reading about this though.

I must admit men in Diesel clothing equals hawt! Yay!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:50 AM
Would've rather had H&M again.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#6 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:56 AM
I'm lost... Two Stuff Packs within nearly one month?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I'm lost... Two Stuff Packs within nearly one month?

Not really, KP Sweet Treats isn't technically a stuff pack, it's a crap pack.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#8 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:55 AM
Clothing can be found readily - for free - around the community. Yet another EA product I will not be buying.

I am wondering tho if they'll add any of the furniture. Still not gonna buy it if they do but curious nonetheless!
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Clothing can be found readily - for free - around the community. Yet another EA product I will not be buying.

I am wondering tho if they'll add any of the furniture. Still not gonna buy it if they do but curious nonetheless!

If you click the facebook link on the article included you can go to diesels Album and they apparently do INDUSTRIAL kitchen sets and modern day kitchen sets, they're as sexy as Megan Fox tbh.

Also I don't want to be a hype ruiner but we have to remember this is a rumor still and there is yet to be more information on it, since we assumed the next stuff pack would be teen stuff seeing as it won the whole poll thing, which a Diesel Stuff pack would make sense for teens but not really sure!

So far I believe this SP is the baby of IKEA and H&M now we just need a heir of Mansion & Garden Stuff.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:55 AM
What's Diesel? I've never heard of it. Is it American?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
What's Diesel? I've never heard of it. Is it American?

No, it's an Italian clothing brand.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:12 AM
ohmygod
ohmyGOD
i must have this

i think i'll be saving up so i can have some pretty dudes in diesel clothes
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 7:48 AM
I love Diesel's fashion! Though I have to admit my first thought was another Vehicle stuff pack?

I'd probably buy this if its true.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKG3
Though I have to admit my first thought was another Vehicle stuff pack?

Same! I almost vomited at the thought of another SP wasted on EA cars...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:30 AM
I'm looking at www.diesel.com and a lot of their clothing styles are in denim. Looks really good for urban denizens or bottoms for rural country-folk... they also have a children's collection, also in denim mostly. Wouldn't mind if these make it into the game

Their fashions make for good casual wear, athletics and beachwear, although I would be very interested to know if they have formalwear collections.

Plenty of accessories geared for a casual look (they don't have shiny shiny jewelries)

Checked out their home collection for furnishings... their Kitchen stuff looks good for rich homes and also has some that give an industrial or utilitarian look that would be perfect for the sim who lives in an industrial(poor) or a minimalist flat/studio apartment.

The intimates for the women are too simple for me, but the one's for men looks good for the daredevil/party-animal flirty types (the Super Heroes collection), less 'Hugh heffner' and more boyish woohoo, type of thing, unlike the Master Suites stuff.

Liking the images from their textiles, makes me want to make a starving artist or Urban Casanova who lives in a poor district studio apartment or flat... Wouldn't mind at all if the Diesel stuff becomes a sims 3 stuff pack.
Instructor
#16 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:33 AM
what about the teen stuff pack?!!!! what about the poll? D:! I read that yesterday but as much as i love Diesel as much as i feel disappointed somehow.. but i'll be buying this SP to match my Diesel purse
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Generis
I'm looking at www.diesel.com and a lot of their clothing styles are in denim. Looks really good for urban denizens or bottoms for rural country-folk... they also have a children's collection, also in denim mostly. Wouldn't mind if these make it into the game

They are really rather basic looking. H&M SP was nicer because it offered more than just pants and wifebeater shirts.
Instructor
#18 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Not really, KP Sweet Treats isn't technically a stuff pack, it's a crap pack.

Since no one is interested in buys a lame stuff pack With KP's name on it, i think EA is trying to make it up for us :D! yay but but since they already finished that pack they must now sell it
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:01 PM
I really hope they include a kitchen set or two with this pack, I LOVE their kitchens. The clothes I'm not so psyched about since I already have tons of CC and EA always finds a way to make things ugly, like midriffs and stencils. But still, this is a lot better compared to the Sweet Treats and Fast Lane crap :3
Forum Resident
#20 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:51 PM
I've heard of Diesel, but only in terms of perfume. It seems a random brand to be using imo, I'm sure we don't have Diesel shops in the UK. At least with H&M, everyone knows who/what they are - they're everywhere!

Wait - they make FURNITURE?! Definitely never ever ever heard of that. I'm so confused. I've never heard of a store that does both furniture and clothes.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:04 PM
Diesil is a quite nice brand IMO .. but after taking a look at that pool: OMG I wanted Louis Vuitton or Burberry
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:20 PM
Somehow I don't think Louis Vuitton or Burberry would lower themselves be interested in co-marketing an SP for EA. It's not really in keeping with their high end, luxury persona, and pairing with a company that's, well, been voted as the worst company in America could affect their image.

I would have loved to see a remake of the Ikea SP, but this is a hell of a lot better that that tacky treat that's now become a "special edition". I will give EA's marketing department credit though, for re-categorizing the Katy pack after the backlash over its release. It might not be the most successful attempt at turning a lemon into lemonade, but it does show at least an attempt to respond to consumer sentiment (we HATE it! )
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:17 PM
Unfortunately Louis Vuitton SP will be marked up more than most SP if it's ever going to happen. Not because of more content, but because it's one of the most famous and expensive brand ever known.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:04 PM
Vin Diesel?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:18 PM
Please let it be a pack full of JCBs, Tractor units and fuel injection systems, and not another branded clothing pack.
Page 1 of 4