Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:35 PM
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:21 PM
Frankly I'd rather this be about trucks and trains and NOT about clothing especially because the clothes on the site it linked to didn't seem all that great. I mean I would shop there but I want something more for my sims than that and I really like Diesel Engine Trucks and Trains....
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:44 PM
I would love some more beach wear; Salt Rock, O'Neill, etc. I just love that style.

I don't know why I'm contributing though, I haven't played the Sims for almost half a year :U
Alchemist
#29 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:46 PM
every single time someone mentions "diesel" i think of this:

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
One Minute Ninja'd
#30 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 12:35 AM
Maybe they'll throw in a trucker's hat for the vehicle enthusiast crowd. Not sure there is one in the RL Diesel collection, but how hard can it be? Then again, it's EA, they'll probably put a banana sofa logo on the hat.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 12:35 AM
Ha! Obviously, this stuff is popular. I would never spend over $200 for a pair of jeans, sorry. A gown for a special event..maybe. But jeans? Of course I am of the generation that saw designer jeans as something to make fun of rather than to wear. Amazing how many folks here say they have these clothes in their closet! I didn't know we had such an upper crust membership at MTS.

I don't mind having them for my sims as long as WE don't pay a premium for a stuff pack with 'Diesel" on the cover...unless it is trucks and engines. I might pay extra for that. Otherwise, I let it sit until it is offered free with a future EP. Better than Katy Perry one though...I wouldn't install that if someone gave it to me.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:22 AM
I am actually not disappointed at this SP as I am with the whole Katy Perry thing. I was looking through Diesel's collections and it ain't bad, it ain't bad at all.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#33 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
every single time someone mentions "diesel" i think of this
Yeah, I was sort of expecting a stuff pack that would make our sims look like truckers, too. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anything particularly noteworthy about the stuff on that company's site. It looks thoroughly bland and generic, devoid of any particular noteworthy character. It doesn't even look like stuff for truckers. I expected that this stuff pack would include things like a truck cab to drive around in, and maybe plastic bottles filled with urine and ziploc bags of feces. You know, trucker stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#34 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Now that I know it's about clothes, I'm kinda bored. (I have to be the worst girl ever.)

Ditto.

I didn't even know that it was a clothing brand. I guess I'll be handing over my (wo)man-card.

Anyway, I was looking at their site and I just went "meh." It's... okay. I guess.

The clothes look nice on their models, but mostly because of the fact that it's worn by a model. The designs aren't really anything special. I could recreate similar looks with other CC.

But then again, I don't know anything about fashion, and don't care much for it.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:37 AM
Let's see... between EA's stuff and CC, the two most designed for groups in game are adult/young adult females and males. Every other age group desperately need CAS items -- especially at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Yet... what do the marketing geniuses at EA roll out? More clothes for adult females and males. Stuff the community can and does give us aplenty for free.

Seriously... how is this company still in business? Because the people making the marketing decisions are complete morons...

Low-end and shabby (chic) furniture. Build-mode items which complete sets EA started. NEW INTERACTIONS AND ANIMATIONS. THIS is the stuff we want, EA -- particularly that bolded one, since the community can't yet do decent interactions with animations. GIVE US STUFF THE COMMUNITY CAN'T.

What about this list is hard for EA to comprehend? Apparently everything.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:55 AM
... still waiting for the ultimate clutter stuff pack. This better have the basic clothes we're still lacking (decent trousers, high-waist shorts/pants, etc) because that's one more stuff pack that isn't...well, getting me excited. At all. Then again, my type of clothes are the bright and colourful kind. Now, if they called this a Kate Spade SP, I might be a bit giddy... Really, they got the wrong "Kate/Katy" brand.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Low-end and shabby (chic) furniture. Build-mode items which complete sets EA started. NEW INTERACTIONS AND ANIMATIONS. THIS is the stuff we want, EA -- particularly that bolded one, since the community can't yet do decent interactions with animations. GIVE US STUFF THE COMMUNITY CAN'T.

Yes, more stuff so that my lower class homes can really reflect a hard life instead of the usual rich rich pseudo mcmansion stuff the usual SPs provide. Gah... Sims 2 freetime and Apartment life added so many good 'clutter' items, but sims 3 barely provides anything for that... the only things close are the newspaper seat and hay bale coffee table from showtime that double as props...

Liking that this SP may add some more of the 'normal life' things... But after looking around for more CC in the free community... what I really need are more shabby chic furnishings and INTERACTIVE stuff for my sims
Forum Resident
#38 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 9:28 AM
I'm not SO bummed because Diesel is well-known for their men's clothing line so I hope that will be a guy-heavy stuff pack but yeah, more clothes for YAs and Adults? Really? That's what they think we need/want? When everyone is clamoring for a maternity or toddler/kid-themed SP and they come out with this. Yes, the H&M pack in TS2 was popular and well-done but still, there are so many other gaps that need to be filled in the game that this SP could have addressed.

I'll hold out my (full) judgement until I see what objects are included. Since H&M gave us objects to make our own clothing store and we KNOW that's not an option in TS3, I do hope it's objects from home collection.
Scholar
#39 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:46 AM
Having never heard of this brand, I looked them up. Luxury clothing, really? Maybe I don't realize how much the average teenager/young adult spends on clothes, but it seems to me like EA is a little out of touch with their market. I mean, really, $200 for a pair of jeans? Who buys these things? But then, I really couldn't care less about the fashion world.

Nice job, EA, here's another pack I won't be buying.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Having never heard of this brand, I looked them up. Luxury clothing, really? Maybe I don't realize how much the average teenager/young adult spends on clothes, but it seems to me like EA is a little out of touch with their market. I mean, really, $200 for a pair of jeans? Who buys these things? But then, I really couldn't care less about the fashion world.

The things I've noticed with more recent additions to the games is targeted to some people, (usually at this point in time girl between the age of 11-16) and out of that group of people, like 10% actually like it. Some of my 12-14 y.o. female cousins play sims 3 and really don't like the social features and Katy Perry branded stuff [they actually want 1D stuff ]. But yeah, EA can't please everyone.

"I can't please everyone so I just please myself!"
Inventor
#41 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:59 AM
Agricultural equipment combined with a (non-rabbit) workshop would be good.

Trucks combined with a workshop and a gas station would be great.

Both together would be excellent.

But this? Meh.
Scholar
#42 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KKG3
The things I've noticed with more recent additions to the games is targeted to some people, (usually at this point in time girl between the age of 11-16) and out of that group of people, like 10% actually like it. Some of my 12-14 y.o. female cousins play sims 3 and really don't like the social features and Katy Perry branded stuff [they actually want 1D stuff ]. But yeah, EA can't please everyone.

"I can't please everyone so I just please myself!"

Well, if you ask me, they'd do well to expand their market a bit. Especially since the Sims series is played by so many people. Why not have a non-branded clothing pack for all ages and multiple income levels? That would make the game more interesting.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:57 PM
I can't judge the new SP untill I actually see the pictures of items they put there, but at least, this time we are going to get something realistic (as the stuff is based on a real brand). It would also be great if they focused more on male, than on female clothes, and made something cool for teens, too, as these categories definitely lack good clothes to wear. YA females can't be the only age/gender category that has enough clothes.
Anyway, I expect this to be at least a decent Sp to buy for collection, if not a "really cool" SP. Nice to know that we'll not be given fugly ginat cake-like furniture and cartoonish princess clothes, like in Sweet Treats,once again, cuz Sw Tr is an epic fail of EA, if they continue with this trend, they're about to lose a lot of their customers.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:21 PM
Man, I'm tired of leakes. I really want EA to show us something.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:27 PM
I wish they would too. Personally, I don't care if they work on something, and then cancel it - it would show their work flow, and let the consumer know what their doing. As far as diesel stuff goes, I'm looking forward to industrial furniture, and a more mail tailored pack in general, but after this, and Teen stuff, can we PLEASE get a stuff pack for Babies and Children. I've been wanting to build a nice nursery for a while, and the lack of attention to that age group is sad. When was the last time we got a crib from EA? Even if they patched in a changing table, with a large pixel for babies, and animations for toddlers to hide their maggotness, I'd be happy.

And the Elderly need love too - but outside of the stuff in generation, I'm not sure what the elderly would need, from a non-gameplay perspective.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#46 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Somehow I don't think Louis Vuitton or Burberry would lower themselves be interested in co-marketing an SP for EA. It's not really in keeping with their high end, luxury persona, and pairing with a company that's, well, been voted as the worst company in America could affect their image.

I would have loved to see a remake of the Ikea SP, but this is a hell of a lot better that that tacky treat that's now become a "special edition". I will give EA's marketing department credit though, for re-categorizing the Katy pack after the backlash over its release. It might not be the most successful attempt at turning a lemon into lemonade, but it does show at least an attempt to respond to consumer sentiment (we HATE it! )

EA couldn't AFFORD to PAY Vuitton or Burberry to come to the table let alone use them as an SP for this game. And as you already pointed out they - LV and Burberry wouldn't be interested in being affiliated with a game - it would definitely tarnish their image and rep.

As far as a clothes SP, I'd stick with the 3rd party CC that our community has to offer since they make a better product than EA. I'd be more interested in an IKEA type SP, Crate & Barrel, Williams & Sonoma... anything for home/office buy/build type SP.

If Diesel is the next SP, it's a pass for me again.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws

My husband and I along with our two daughters (tween/teen) were walking through the mall. We saw a young girl about their age (12-13) walk over to a very expensive pair of shoes and say to her dad, "Can I get another pair of (designer brand name) shoes?"

I turned to my husband and said, "Aren't you glad our girls don't ask for $200 dollar shoes?"

Sorry, but while we can afford to buy 'quality' we don't encourage expensive products just because they have a name on them. My own experience with the little 'brand' dabbling I have done is that good clothes don't have to have a designer label and you pay much more for that label.

I love jeans and the Diesel designs appeal to me, but I hope they won't be peppered with labels on our sims clothes. I want to pretend these are jeans they bought on sale at Dillards.

BTW, I have a 24 year old daughter who is obsessed with designer labels, maybe because she lived in California with her husband for a few years. She is now in bad financial straits but STILL insists on designer clothes for her and her daughter. In fact, if I buy her baby something, it will be conveniently missing within a short time. We now buy non-clothing items for her and her child. I don't get how someone can sleep on air mattress in their apartment but wear designer clothing. Status? Low self esteem? Who knows.

We know EA is getting something for using this brand label. I am betting some advertising money is coming from Diesel to EA.
Scholar
#48 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:22 PM
Well, at least they won't be able to attach fruit to any of the clothes in THIS pack.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Agricultural equipment combined with a (non-rabbit) workshop would be good.

Trucks combined with a workshop and a gas station would be great.

Both together would be excellent.

But this? Meh.

this, right here.

also, I want to be able to build cars again, lol.
Theorist
#50 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 5:54 PM
When I saw the subject title, my mind immediately jumped to semi trucks, crew cab duallies, and that super awesome actor Vin Diesel, who I think in that timeless classic of a movie called "Fast and Furious", may have piloted cars underneath semi trucks.

Looks like instead of having my sims go muddin' in monster trucks or losing digits in farm equipment accidents, they'll get to dress up in fancy schmancy hoity toity clothes instead. Woo!

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 4