Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 31st May 2011 at 2:50 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have?
Base game, Ambitions

2. What game version/patch level?

3. How many sims are missing/invisible?
One at a time, though it has happened to two separate sims on two separate occasions.

4. Do they have an icon or not?
Yes.

5. Do you have any UI issues?
Usually, no UI issues. One time, one sim went invisible, and both of the family's sims' icons appeared selected.

6. Were the sims traveling?
No, I do not have WA.

7. How many traveling?
N/A

8. How are all travellers related?
No WA, though the two sims are in the same household and are boyfriend/girlfriend.

9. Which country are the sims in?
N/A

10. How many days?
I have exited without saving every time it has happened. I have not played through another full sim day following the bug because I exit.

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was
over?
N/A

12. Returning together or separate?
N/A

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod?
Neither, no mods or CC.

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
None. I turned off EA Story Progression and EA aging and I have not installed any mods or CC.

15. When did the issue start?
Yesterday, only a few days after installing the game.

16. What were your sims doing?
It varies. The first time I noticed it, my female sim was putting leftovers away in the fridge and my male sim was walking up the stairs to go sleep. The female sim froze in place, her arm up, and the dish in the air. The male sim became invisible with no plumbbob. Another separate time, the female sim was putting gems to be cut into the mailbox, then going into the carpool for work. While doing one of these or between the actions, she became invisible.

17. What things have you tried?
-resetSim cheat
-changing outfit at dresser
-exiting without saving and playing again with different actions
-deleting cache files

18. What worked?
Nothing so far.

19. What didn't work?
-resetSim has not made the invisible sims reappear. They were already on the lot, so it may have "brought them back", but they were still invisible with no plumbbob. The first time, I could still make my sim perform actions. The other time, the female sim could perform actions at first, but then the UI started acting a little odd and both sims appeared selected, allowing me to only use the non-invisible sim.

-Changing the outfit the first time for the male sim did nothing, haven't tried it on the other occasions.

-Each occasion was after exiting without saving and doing new actions to try to avoid it. Some times I could play through more days and save, but eventually the bug would come back and I would have to revert to the more recent save.

-Deleting all cache files and then starting the game again had no effect, the bug still happened.

20. Anything else you would like to add?

As said, no mods, no CC, not even any lots have been installed. The base game and Ambitions EP have both been patched to current versions since before I started playing with the family. This is the only family I have played with. I have not done the remove CC test step because I have installed nothing at all, only patched. I may try Twallan's mod(s) next.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
1. Which game(s) do you have? All
2. What game version/patch level? Gen/Current
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? 1
4. Do they have an icon or not? No
5. Do you have any UI issues? No
6. Were the sims traveling? Yes
7. How many traveling? 1
9. Which country are the sims in? The Asian one
10. How many days? 3
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? Sims did not reappear
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? No
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? EA
15. When did the issue start? After loading into the vacation world
17. What things have you tried Saving and exiting
18. What worked? No
19. What didn't work?
20. Anything else you would like to add? It caused a strange glitch. When I loaded into the Sims Asian vacation map I had no Sim at all. No portrait, no one selectable. I saved and exited figuring it would fix the problem, but at the main menu, my saved game showed the icon as if no Sim was set as the main. I clicked on it and it loaded me into the vacation map as if I was starting a new household in a regular map. I selected my Sim and was able to purchase an empty lot, and now his main map/home is a vacation map
Test Subject
#103 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:38 PM
Ambitions/WA/LN

None -however i was stuck on one character that i had left the game with and couldnt change

No

Not that i know of

No

7. How many traveling?
^^^^^^

^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^

10. How many days?
^^^^^^^^^^
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont think i am

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
No

When i uploaded Generations

Nothing! The time would go but the sims wouldnt, i couldnt click on any other sims because there was no branch, they had no positive or negative moddlets and i couldnt open the motives panel

17. What things have you tried
I re-uploaded all my games. It doesnt do this anymore but now my game doesnt work at all

18. What worked?
Nothin

19. What didn't work?
Everythin

20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre]
I re-uploaded my games, everythin works fine, i can create a family, go around town to choose a house ect. But when i choose a house to play the game goes to load then doesnt. It stops and im stuck on the town view with nothin to click on. Id really love it if someone helped me with that!
Test Subject
#104 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:50 AM Last edited by ah1 : 6th Jun 2011 at 1:45 AM.
All current expansions and stuff packs including Generations

Everyone in the town. They aren't missing. They are living statues, unselectable, but visible. I'm told this is the same bug.

Yes, sometimes. Other times their icon is a blank green square.

Yes, if I switch families, when the new family "loads" the game stays zoomed out to map view and the HUD disappears.

No.

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
N/A

N/A

Yes, I am using Master Controller (which is SuperComputer's current name)

Yes, EA's vanilla story progression with no story mods.

When installing Generatons and updating Twallan's mods, specifically "The Woohooer"

Nothing prior to the save, and he became a living statue after the save. I even used the Master Controller to reset the entire town, with the same result.

A) Removed all mods and made a clean save, then reinstalled all mods.
B) Went through all mods one by one until I found which mod was the culprit. Deleted that mod, and redownloaded it to make sure it wasn't a corrupted file due to a download error.
C) Switching families, both using the game's default method and methods added by Master Controller
D) Reset the town using Master Controller
E) Reset the Sim using "resetsim"
F) Changed families, saved, then loaded back up
G) Got rid of all mods, changed families, clean save, load back up.
H) Playing an ancient save file unrelated to this one in a completely different town with completely different sims where no mods were ever present
I) Reran the patch update

18. What worked?
Attempt "B" worked, kind of. Removing the Woohooer (the mod that triggered the problem, but probably isn't the cause) let me play my game as normal. Putting the Woohooer back causes the problem to start again. I redownloaded the Woohooer, and posted on Twallan's forums, but the problem doesn't seem to be the Woohooer, per se, but the game itself. However, as long as the Woohooer is not present, the game does not manifest the issue.

19. What didn't work?
Everything listed other than what I just said above.

When I have some free time, as the process is quite lengthy, I intend to backup all my mods and saves and reinstall the entire game. I suspect there is a conflict in how the game loads due to either a script lockup or a corrupted file. I'm an experienced modder in many games, and I've seen similar issues in other games with different engines. Obviously, two games with different engines are not the same, but similar problems probably have similar root causes. The Sims is just too complex for me to individually go through each and ever script and file to find the corruption, so I'm going to do a fresh install and see if that works. If the fresh install (including a registry and system cache purge) results in a playable game that then doesn't work after readding my mods, then at least I can logically narrow down the problem to something in whatever files I manually replace and go from there. Assuming I am allowed to edit my post at that time, I will add an update here.

UPDATE: As suspected, it was a script lockup. It was NOT Twallan's Woohooer causing the problem, that was a red herring. The problem was a set of tweaks I had downloaded for Late Night that were conflicting with changes made in Generations. The Woohooer compacted the problem by trying to then manipulate these already incompatible scripts. Problem solved (for me).
Test Subject
#105 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:25 PM Last edited by robot85 : 5th Jun 2011 at 2:27 PM. Reason: -Added tried resetSim cheat
Only problem was a not opening panel. But I fixed it.
World Adventures/High-End Loft Stuff/Ambtitions

None.

Yes, they have icons.

The panel opened by clicking the arrow (the one with the needs, inventory, etc)

Yes.

7. How many traveling?
Three.

Family/Blood

China

10. How many days?
Three.

N/A

N/A

SuperComputer - though this was happening before I put mods in

Twallan's Story Progression - though this was happening before I put the mods in

When I reinstalled the Sims 3 and updated it to patch 1.22.9.

Unknown exactly

-Pressing shortcut keys to open the panel
-ResetSim cheat
-Renaming and using the .backup save file
-Renaming and using the .legacy save file
-Going to edit town > edit home town > then return to game

18. What worked?
-Renaming the .legacy file (however it was a very old save)
-Going to edit town > edit home town > then return to game

19. What didn't work?
-Renaming and using the .backup file
-Pressing shortcut keys to open the panel
-ResetSim cheat

-I fixed the panel problem (which was the only problem) by going to edit town > edit home town > return to game. I think this fixed it because it forced the game to reload everything in each town, therefore reloading the panel too.
-It was also "fixed" by renaming and using the ".legacy" save file. It worked because it was not corrupted like the rest of the save files, but it was a VERY old save. Because of this, I decided to go back to the corrupted one and see if I could fix that. Which I did by using the edit town trick.
-After fixing the corrupted save via the edit town trick, I tried to save. At first it came up with "error code 16" and would not save. I simply tried saving again and it worked fine.
-Now that I fixed it, the save is no longer corrupted.
Test Subject
#106 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:52 AM
Base Game, WA, Ambitions, Generations
Current
3 - The three children from my family

No - just blank green squares on the family bar
Yes - my sims are just gone - except for one who is stuck worrying about something

Not technically - the 2 adults got a free vacation opportunity which I accepted - they disappeared for 2 days. The game started to skip so I decided to let my computer take a break, came back and the 3 kids were missing. And the mom, who had just turned into an adult when she left was an elder...

7. How many traveling?
I suppose 2

Husband/Wife

No idea - they were off an an opportunity
10. How many days?

When it was over I suppose

Together

No

EA but I've NEVER had any problems with it!

After Saving & Quitting and then coming back

The adults I think laundry, one kid was playing with an imaginary friend, I don't know about the other 2

ResetSim, restarting computer, deleting the 1 sim that was still visible (still with a blank green square in the family bar), other than that I don't know what to do.

18. What worked?
Nothing!!!

19. What didn't work?
Everything I tried!!!

When I decided to give the game a rest my sims were doing a weird skipping thing - I had one kid at the chemistry set discovering potions and she kept getting reset to the porch to play with the imaginary friend. I just figured the imaginary friend was lonely and that's what happened when it needed attention. But then it happened with my adult sim as well.. one of the ones who just got back from their "vacation" (again, and opportunity, I could not control them while they were gone). The I restarted the game and my adult sim was an elder, my 3 kids were missing, and the other adult was fine! I don't get it! And I'm very sad! I was on generation 3!!
Test Subject
#107 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:14 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have? Base Game & All non-stuff expansions
2. What game version/patch level?:
3. How many sims are missing/invisible?: one
4. Do they have an icon or not?: square box but no face
5. Do you have any UI issues?: no
6. Were the sims traveling?: no
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod?: no
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?: no
15. When did the issue start?: when I lasted started the game (so, upon start-up after a perfectly normal game)
16. What were your sims doing?: about to go to sleep in a bunk bed
17. What things have you tried: tried ResetSim, and moveobjects then deleting the sim
18. What worked?: nothing
19. What didn't work?: the things I tried
Test Subject
#108 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:43 AM
Default Helps

Base game, expansions, no stuff-packs

Recent

None.

no icon

frozen in game.

no

7. How many traveling?

10. How many days?

no

no

after I installed the latest patch.

Normal house things. fixing the sink, reading a book.

uninstalling mods

18. What worked?

uninstalling said mods. But they worked before the latest patch perfectly.
19. What didn't work?

I would love to keep my mods. If there is anything else I can do I am all up for it.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:27 AM Last edited by Netza : 7th Jun 2011 at 7:59 AM.
1. Which game(s) do you have? All
2. What game version/patch level? Latest
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? 1
4. Do they have an icon or not? None have
5. Do you have any UI issues? Yes. No portraits. Can't select them at all. No wishes. Funds shows as cero.
6. Were the sims traveling? No. But one of them have been traveling alot.
7. How many traveling? 1
9. Which country are the sims in? All.
10. How many days? 5-8
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? Both
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? No.
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? EA
15. When did the issue start? Just the other day. Two sims kept resetting so I shut the game down. When I started it up again one of the sims had no portrait and was standing still. Couldn't be selcted or interacted with at all. Shut down. Started up. No portraits for anyone to select including all the other UI-problems I wrote about.
16. What were your sims doing? Just daily stuff.
17. What things have you tried? Resetsim didn't work. Don't know about any other solutions.
18. What worked?
19. What didn't work? Resetsim

Edit:
The Ui was fixed by pressing space.... -.- The sim that was missing is standing unmovable as before, but can now be selected. Her name is something different though. :S She is missing her portrait and also a kid that was sent to boarding school is missing his portrait.

Edit 2:
The mother moved now and then disappeared and previous sims are back to resetting stage... >_<

:)
Test Subject
#110 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 6:17 PM

Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations.

BG: 1.22.9.011001, WA: 2.7.7.006001, A: 4.5.6.009001, LN: 6.2.4.010001, G: 8.0.152.011001

Five out of eight are missing/invisible.

None of the five have icons (only green background).

None initially, only when I tried to switch active families, then switch back to the one with the missing Sims (I didn't save that version).

They had returned home from a six day vacation in France. They had been home for a full two days with no problems. I saved with a working game. When I opened the save file the next day, five of them were missing.

7. How many traveling?

Five traveled, three of which are included in the five now missing/invisible.

Two parents (not invisible), three teenage siblings.

They had returned from France to Sunset Valley.

10. How many days?

Six with no problems.

With the phone a few hours before the vacation was supposed to end.

Together, although two of them left the taxi to do homework before arriving home. Eventually they all made it home without a problem.

Neither or any other mod. I have changed the Graphics Rules file to recognize my processing power for what it is. This has never caused a problem before and I have updated it for Generations taking into account the base game document is the one that needs to be altered not the Generations one.

EA Story Progression (high).

This morning (6/9/11), the day after a save with no missing Sims.

Of the missing, one young adult was sleeping, three teenagers were doing homework (two were doing it together), and one child was painting. Of the unaffected Sims, one adult was completing an opportunity in city hall, and one adult was helping the last unaffected teenager (a non-blood related imaginary friend turned human) with his homework.

So far I have tried:

- resetSim [First Name] [Last Name]
- moving the house to a different lot
- changing the active household, then switching back
- forcing interaction by traveling, inviting out, etc.
- deleting with moveObjects on
- making selectable with testingcheatsenabled true
- deleting recommended cache files
- deleting all non-EA store custom content (although there was barely any)

18. What worked?

Nothing so far.

19. What didn't work?

Everything so far.

I believe the root cause was from a stupid glitched fireman. He was stuck for a whole Sim morning standing in place after a fire that took place at a Birthday party. I didn't know what to do so I used resetSim and he disappeared. I then received the fireman's "Be careful" message and everything was okay. After reloading the saved file, the missing/invisible Sims are the five genetic children of my main family. They are all visible to me (excluding their UI icons) and appear to be continuing with what they were dong before I saved. However, they can't be selected.
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:18 PM Last edited by trukittn : 11th Jun 2011 at 8:08 PM.
Base Game + Ambitions + Late Night + World Adventures (acquired/installed in that order)

1.22.9 | 2.17.2 (WA) | 4.10.1 (A) | 6.5.1 (LN)

Upon arriving at travel destination, no.

Upon arriving at travel destination, the UI is blank, with no sim and no sim info.

Yes

7. How many traveling?

Solo traveler.

She lives in Bridgeport.
Was traveling to China
(And also tried traveling to France after reloading)

10. How many days?
6 days planned.

No sim to return home.

No sim to return with. :3

I am using MasterController and Overwatch.

None of the above.

Who knows? I had a backup save prior to one trip to China that went fine. After staying home for a while and then trying to head back out (saving prior), I got the blank UI. There is nothing different between the two saves except time elapsed and new friendships made in the home city. Whatever happened to my save game seems to of happened upon return from the first trip.

During both saves (working backup and borked current) She was on the computer prior to traveling. She also called in the trip from the phone on both saves.

Everything listed Here except for a reinstall and the errorcatch mods.
Also tried the method listed here Involving moving the sim into China from the bin after getting the blank UI.

18. What worked?
I had partial success with moving the sim in to China and returning home from there, however all of her relationships were erased, and upon returning home, she was invisible (icons present, but no portrait and no sim - only a red plumbob) and had a nasty witnessed death moodlet on her.

Restoring a backup save worked but with all the caveats of restoring a backup. (progress lost, etc)

19. What didn't work?
Resetsim
Reset All (master controller)
Restarting and reloading the game
Most of the other steps in the wiki

Trying to travel to another locale - I got the same blank UI, even though she had never been to that specific vacation place before. So, that tells me its not an issue with the actual location files within the save game folder. (those are created after the vacation so I had hoped it was capable of being pinpointed there. Alas...)

Going to continue trying to fix the borked save, as it seems pointless to keep playing on the backup if this issue happens after returning home. If there's no way to tell when its actually getting messed up, I could just be saving messed up games even if all appears well until I travel.

Will edit in results if I have any luck.

I'll also note that I experienced the photo-freeze bug (here) once I installed WA. Upon patching, the problem was temporarily fixed, however on the borked save the problem had crept up again before traveling. The working backup has no problems taking photos currently. So maybe the photo freeze bug is related to this issue in some way.
Test Subject
#112 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:37 AM
Default Sim Just Up and Disapeared
I have the base game, World Adventures (Digital Download), High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, Ambitions, and Generations.

I just updated all of my games.
Base game: 1.22.9
Ambitions: 4.10.1
Fastlane: 5.8.1
Generations: 8.0.152
High End Loft: 3.13.1
Late Night: 6.5.1
World Adventures: 2.17.2

One Sim is invisible/missing.

He does, but even though it is still labeled as his, his picture is not in the icon.

I think so. You know how you can click on a sims picture in the friends list and a list of options like call, invite out or invite over will pop up? Well, when I try to click on my missing sim's icon, nothing pops up. And just before he disappeared, he could not interact with his wife (in other words, with him as the active sim and clicking on his sim-wife, no options would pop up.) But she could still interact with him.

No, they had just laid down to sleep.

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

Nope.

I was using EA's story progression (even though I hate it! I have a million vampires in my town now.)

Well, techinically, I would say it started when my girl sim (Sonia) asked my missing sim (Geoff) to move in. When he moved in, I did not have the option to sell his stuff or take it with him, so he brought $0 with him to the household. Then (and I'm not sure if this is a new feature that came along with Generations or what, but) when they were engaged for a while (a sim week or two, I'm sure) they were automatically married when they were sleeping. I didn't get to have a wedding ceremony or anthing. And I've seen many other glitches here and there like the two are unable to take pictures with the cameras from WA without freezing in place and needing to be reset and them buying items in another country that should have wound up in their family inventory but didn't.

But when my sim disappeared, Sonia had just gotten back from a party at Mortimer Goth's when I had the two kiss. I tried to then interact with Sonia with Geoff as the active sim, but found that I couldn't even though Sonia could still interact with Geoff. Shrugging it off, I decided to just send them to bed. But as soon as the Z's started popping up, they immediately were popped out of bed, standing up, Geoff next to the bed, Sonia outside. I thought, "That's weird," and sent them to bed again. It happened again. That's when I realized Geoff's icon next to Sonia's was there but his picture was missing from it. I realized he didn't live there anymore.

I saved under a different save, exited and came back to that save. The problem was still there but this time, Geoff completely disappeared after about 3 seconds. I can not find him anywhere! So I went back to an old save and it's the same deal. Geoff was in the bathroom at the time of the old save. His icon was labeled as his, but his picture was missing and in about three seconds, he disappeared.

See above

Exiting and coming back, googling for the issue (did not find anything).

18. What worked?
Nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Both things I tried.

The only way that I can think to resolve the issue is to simply go back to a very old save before they had moved in together. But I don't want to!
Forum Resident
#113 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:11 AM
I have had this kind of problems with three neighbourhood, then I tested a fourth one to try and find the problem, I have narrowed my problem though.

Base, LN, AMB, WA and Generations, however this problem only rose when I installed WA/AMB/Gen just last week, I had base and LN for months though.

That I am not certain, I know for sure I have Base Game latest and LN latest one as well. No patch came up for WA, AMB or Generations (I heard it was supposed to update you with all since Gen though)

In this case it can be from 1-8, they aren't missing or invisible though, just can't be interacted with.

In the last three including a test one (So four) many Sims I played did have an icon but it was blank with only a green background depending on their mood. It was between 1-8 depending on how many, and it seemed random and Sims with no icon could interact and I couldn't make any sims who were there do it. (Hood One had only two Sims who could be seen on the icons. Hood 2 had 3 sims, only one was not interable. Same with the Fourth hood this happened to, 3 hood was all eight sims in the house).

On three NHs now that can't work and this happened with it will not allow me to change households. I try and it freezes, even without saving, there's no little loading screen either or anything, so I have to manually get out of it.

Yes

7. How many traveling?
In NH 1, 8. 2 was 1, third had eight sims and fourth had 3 sims.

All by family. 1 and 3 hood was your standard grandparents, parents and children of the parents (Different ages too). 4 had two parents and a child. 2 had 1 sim and her son, but also had a duplicate.

When the situation happened, France.

10. How many days?
3 for most, only one of the families were gone for 5 I believe,

All three families came home when the vacation was over. Another sim went by herself to go buy something I forgot to get in France, and then came back about a few Sim hours.

All together

N/A, I did not have any mods during these glitches and still don;t

EA's story progression

About a week ago, since installing WA, AMB and then Gen a few days later, but Gen is not the cause as it happened before I installed. Only would start after leaving France.

Most of them were just waiting for the time to go home. The last family this happened to the parents were Woohoo in that Landgraab home, the teen was off elsewhere (However it was her icon that was blank going back.

Haven't really tried much yet, I wanted to see if I could find out what was the problem, and it seems something in France is the cause.

18. What worked?
Not sure

19. What didn't work?
Restarting, however with three of the hoods I saved after they came home.

Yes, I am most certain this is related to France for sure. All four hoods had a main family go to France, then things got weird coming home as said above. However in the 3rd hood my main family had gone to France together, came home and everything was fine. Only the mother went back again to buy another Necter maker and rack because I could not find it anywhere in any inventory. It was when she returned it got glitched. My other hoods had also gone to the Nectery and bought the same things as she did, but it was only once and it got bugged up. The mother had gotten one of those in the previous trip but I thought a glitch ate it so she went again.

And to be sure I had my Sims in my test go to China twice (Doing Adventures), Might have been three times even, the only problem that happened in China is that after the 2nd or third day the game would freeze every half an hour for some reason. That was the only hood that happened in with China. So I am sure it's France, I just can't figure out why and cannot go there anymore until the issue is fixed.
Test Subject
#114 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:19 AM
Base, WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, High-End Loft, Outdoor Living, and Fast Lane (every expansion and stuff pack that has been released so far)

BG: 1.22.9.011001, WA: 2.7.7.006001, A: 4.5.6.009001, LN: 6.2.4.010001, G: 8.0.152.011001

One sim is for sure gone.

All family portraits on the control panel are gone, one sim's icon is gone from all relationship panels as well.

only the portrait controls being gone

no

7. How many traveling?

n/a

erm...the main sim country..i dont actually know what it's called

10, 11, & 12 are non-applicable

no

no

yesterday 6/18/2011

i entered a saved game to an 8am morning in my sim world. the mother sim was waiting for the arrival of her daycare kids, the dad was playing piano, and the three children were away at boarding school, one awaiting coming home from being removed.

going through cc, moving family in and out of home, editing the town, removing all cc.

18. What worked?
moving my family worked sort of. it restored the mom/dad portraits but they were stuck in "moving mode" for about 12 hours and i couldnt do anything.

19. What didn't work?
basically everything.

in my sims game, i had to use reset sim on a parent who came to pick up their child from my sims daycare. he stood in my kitchen for like 4 hours holding his kid and wouldnt leave. after that i had my mother sim go to the family computer and remove her eldest child from boarding school (a teen) and she never came home.
Test Subject
#115 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:08 PM
Have all of them -WA,Ambitions,NL and Generations plus all the stuff packs

The latest - 1.22

2 of them

No icons, just green or yellow depending on mood

No

Yea
7. How many traveling?
Only one

Two actually travelled, Husband and wife. Only husband is stuck with no icon.
The teen daughter who didn't travel is also stuck.

They went to France

10. How many days?
Only three. First vacation.

Returned when it was officially over.

Together

SuperComputer (MasterController)

Twallan

Had issues after France

The husband was sleeping on a community lot. During one game he just disappeared from the bed from the bed and popped up in his house. I think the daughter was either going to shower or go to bed.

Reset sim, Evict and move back in, Move with moveobject true, sped up game

18. What worked?
I kept playing my game but not saving. I did manage to unlock them but I can't remember how. I still continued to have problems so in the end it wasn't successful.

19. What didn't work?
Pretty much everything.

Since the husband and wife came back from France my game has been very buggy. Other glitches include wife became pregnant in France but still got "try for baby" option and when they did, heard the chime again. When she gave birth, I got about 4-5 baby boys and decided to quit. I ended pregnancy in another game and she went on to become pregnant and gave birth to one baby. However because I reset * to fix my sims she stayed pregnant (belly, walk, could edit in CAS but only maternity clothes were avaible).

Another weird glitch was my couple becamed cloned and the clones were in their relationship panels. I tried deleting the husband clone but he popped up again. My couple also lost their relationship status and I had to use MC to corect it. I found the wife clone and edited her in CAS, changed name, traits and just randomly selected another sim. Sometimes that sim pops up in her icon and one time she appeared in the CAS. There were more glitches but I decided not to play the family.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:44 PM Last edited by scorpiobabe : 20th Jun 2011 at 9:04 PM.
Base; WA; High end Loft; Ambitions; Fast Lane; Late Night; Outdoor Living; Generations

No

It disappeared

No, but they had just come back from Egypt.

7. How many traveling?

Married

n/a - they returned from Egypt

10. How many days?

When vacation ended

Together

No

EA

After they got back

Improving gardening skills

Checked not an F button mistake
Checked not a 'tab' mistake
Tried: restarting game; copying game;
Quit game yet again, deleted all the cache files [http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...te_Cache_Files]. This did work for a while as I got the UI back, but then the problem happened again. I read somewhere on here that it may be a plot related issue, so haven't used same plot again and the problem has not resurfaced.
The plot I was using: Sunset Valley, 477 Sunnyside Blvd [plot next to beach]

18. What worked?
Deleting cache files ... temporarily.

19. What didn't work?
n/a

- the sim that disappeared was one I created, his partner was NPC
- disappearance of sim and UI happened at exactly the same time
- no icons other than the green diamond above remaining sim head
- tried 'space' to move to see if game could 'find' invisible sim, but no response.
Test Subject
#117 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:38 AM
Base, Gen, LN, WA
Two different houses/neighborhoods, "Family One" has 1 missing, In "Family Two" I know where they are, but thumbnails gone and they stay invisible for a long time and sometimes they eventually load
Family One the missing sim does not have an icon the other does
Family Two Sometimes they do sometimes they dont
Fam1 I cant select missing sim
fam2 I can select them but no icons and they wont do interactions
Neither was
7. How many traveling?
n/a
Girlfriend and girlfriend
Sim City :P
10. How many days?
N/A
N/A
N/A
Neither, using Baxims CORE mod but have it removed untill updated
EA
Randomly at different times when playing the families
Fam1: I moved my sims and forgot to save wen I exited and when i went to play again a while later and after playing other neighborhoods the sim was missing
Fam2: They were going to the park in their car when i saved&quit
Fam1: Reset sim, pressing spacebar to select the missing sim, moving the household, separating household, changing active household
Fam2: Reset sim, spacebar
18. What worked?
Nothing at all :D
19. What didn't work?
EVERYTHING :D:D:D:D:D
Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 9:10 PM
Sims 3 vanilla

The whole family (6 sims) and their 2 guests

Hm. I can still click on their picture at the side of the screen. And there is a still a little picture pointing to ones that are far away. And I can tell them to do things, and they do them. I just can't SEE them.

???

No

7. How many traveling?
No

NA

NA

10. How many days?
NA

NA

NA

Game is completely unmodded and has no extra downloaded material. I purchased via Steam.

Sorry - I don't know what this is

Today

Getting ready for a party

Restarting without saving. Same thing happened at a similar place in the story. Feel that organising the party might be connected??

18. What worked?
Nothing so far.

19. What didn't work?
I came here looking for answers (Via a FAQ type page)!!! I haven't tried much else so far, as I am researching the problem!

20. Anything else you would like to add? Thank you for looking into the problem and I will work through the list on the page I foiund. Most of it doesn't seem relevant to my game though, as I have been playing fairly vanilla (although in Generation 3 of my family)
Test Subject
#119 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 9:03 PM
The Sims 3, Sims 3: World Adventures, Sims 3: Ambitions, Sims 3: Late Night, Sims 3: Generations, Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff, Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
Version: 8.0.152.011001
Patch: 1.22.9.011001
None are missing, but I can't control any of them.
None have icons.
UI issues? Sorry if I sound dense, but I don't know.
One sim just got back.
7. How many traveling?
One out of a four person household just returned.
N/A
She was in China, but she returned right when the problem started.
10. How many days?
Three
When vacation was over.
N/A
Not anymore.
I have story progression set to be on.
When my sim returned home from vacation, everything was normal except that the baby's face in the icon/thumbnail was missing, but the baby was still there and the little box on the sidebar was still there. The baby's picture was just missing. So I saved and quit (like the idiot I am), and, when I came back, all of the icons on the sidebar were missing and it said my sim's name was "Florence Crisp", and that's not her name. It also said that no one lived in the house and I couldn't control the sims at all. One sim walked out of the house and into the street and suddenly disappeared. The moodlets had disappeared (though the sim had some) and all of the pictures in the icons for her wishes and what she was doing (though she still had the wishes) had disappeared. It also said that the family had no money, but they had close to 30,000 simoleons on hand.
I don't know - one of them had just returned from vacation.
Quitting and going back without saving.
18. What worked?
Nothing.
19. What didn't work?
Restarting the game.
I just need any suggestions as to how to fix this!
Test Subject
#120 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 4:53 PM
Default The joy of glitches.
All core expansions through Generations -- no stuff packs (outdoor living, fast lane, etc).

The base Generations patch (loading the launcher kills my computer).

Two in one household.

Nope, but the tile where their icons would be are visible.

None, in any of my games.

Not those two, but their mother (who is in the same household) was.

7. How many traveling?
One.

Mother/daughters.

The mother was in China.

10. How many days?
The upper length for Visa level two -- I think eight days?

Prematurely on the phone.

There was only one returning, and only one went on the trip.

No.

The standard one that came with the game (So EA, I believe).

A while after the mother returned from her trip.

They were both talking to their parents, and then they slowly fade to invisble and become unselectable/uninteractable.

Reset sim - I put a lot of work into the family and am cautious to do much more.

18. What worked?
Nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Reset sim.

Generations has been giving me a crapload of glitches -- from bachelor parties never ending to parents and toddlers getting stuck learning to talk. In the game where the sims went invisible, one of the daughters had returned prematurely from boarding school one day (Boot Camp), and it happened to be the day of prom (Saturday). I thought it might be something that was supposed to happen, but she never went back to boarding school -- in fact, she went to highschool (but the boarding school information was still under her school/job tab). I also couldn't enroll/unenroll her from boarding school. I don't know if that might have contributed to the problem of invisibility or not.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
Default Missing Sims
All EPs & SPs through Generations

Have had this to happen twice. Both times was with two sims.

No

Not normally, no.

Yes

7. How many traveling?
02 each time

Married

Once to China, Once to France... both times on their honeymoon.

10. How many days?
I think 6, but cannot be completely sure.

No... each time this occured, it happened on the way TO the destination. When the sims got to china or france (meaning, when the game loaded to the base camps and you would normally see your sims) the game was in play mode but there was no sim icon at all. I could pause, play, fast forward the game, but there were no sims anywhere. It was a completely empty country. When I closed and restarted the game, there was no picture icon for the world (once a custom world, once sunset valley) and when I loaded that world, it went straight to edit town mode in China or France (the destination where the sims vanished).

N/A

No

EA Story Progression was on in both games.

June 27th while playing a challenge. I had not put in any new downloads or taken anything out. I had played this challenge/household consistantly since June 18th with no bugs or errors.

Travelling to their honeymoon.

Quitting without saving, but the game automatically saves when you travel.

18. What worked?
Nothing so far.

19. What didn't work?
???

I think everything is on here already.
Test Subject
#122 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 11:14 AM Last edited by ravenkiko : 18th Jul 2011 at 11:32 AM.
1. Base Game, ambitions, generations
2. 1.22? it's the most new.
3. several different invisible/missing problems. Sometimes sim will just turn invisible while interacting with something and then if i continue to play everything else starts to get glitchy. Sometimes just every single relationship will disappear from the relationships tab and my sims can't intereact, then UI disappears if i continue play.
4. Sometimes yes (if invisible) sometimes no (where relationships disappear).
5. Yes, occaisional disappearances or partial disappearance (where half of UI isn't there or won't work)
6. No
7. N/A
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A
12. N/A
13. No
14. No
15. After updating (i think 1.18 or 1.08) then got worse as i tried to fix problem with 'resetsim <sim name>'.
16. Either an interaction with another sim or nothing at all.
17. Reinstall about 7 times, resetsim, CC disable/removal, eviction, removing certain sim that are glitchier than others, F10 UI hotkey, moveobjects on.
18. reinstall is a temp fix, resetsim sometimes works but made my imaginary friends disappear and more glitches occur later, removal of sim helps reduce occurances, F10 allows to save and exit, moveobjects can reset pathway so sim isn't stuck by invisible object.
19. Eviction and CC removal, everything else didn't FIX it only helped.
20. I have had a similar problem(s) recurring over and over in different ways and had to reinstall like 7 times to fix. Problems including invisible sims, missing relationships, broken inventory and family trees, pathway issues, etc. You name it i've probably had it. Also it can be just one sim that glitched which means you'll have to immediately save, exit game, reload game, evict or move sim away from active household, then either move back or if its really glitchy ignore that sim. Like I had Bella Goth all of a sudden glitch out and start causing issues, had to remove her. Then random relatives i would move into my house after a long time away had a higher chance of glitching. To temporarily fix these i moved sim to other house then brought back to main.
My main issue is loss of imaginary friends. I can't use any of the temporary fixes to get tham back so now I'm trying various mods.
Test Subject
#123 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Jizabel : 30th Aug 2011 at 7:54 PM.
Sims, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Fast Lane.

Version: 8.0.152.011001

One. Though in other families I have had invisible neighbors before.

No picture, just a blank green square.

Can't control sim, can't click on the icon, can't interact with the baby, and it appears as though the baby doesn't have motives and it doesn't move ever.

No.
7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

Sunset Valley (I think)

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

Neither

EA Story Progression

Just today. (First time had it happened)

Father was working out, mother was discovering potions, the son was at school, and the 'missing'/uncontrollable sim baby was in the crib.

Just the reset sim cheat. I'm afraid to go any further.

18. What worked?
N/A

19. What didn't work?
Reset Sim cheat

First time had this happen, all was well when I saved it (A few days ago) then tonight I started it up and then yeah, baby was pretty much dead.
Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:01 PM
Missing Ui And Sim
the sims 3, late night and generations

latest patch

entire town including my family.

no icon

no UI, UI and SIMS disapeared

no

7. How many traveling?
none

NONE

riverview

10. How many days?

cant access the phone!

neither

EA story

few months ago on late night - now on generations

at work and at home either sleeping or washing up.

clearing sims cache, starting game without custom content, RESETSIM cheat

18. What worked?
NONE

19. What didn't work?
everything

happens only when my family exceeds 5 and my household is up to 8 including babies.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:51 AM
Sims 3
Generations, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
High-End Loft Stuff

All
No one has any icons.
Can't control anything, the entire control panel is gone.
Yes
7. How many traveling?
Yes
China
10. How many days?
Three
Yes
Together
No
EA Story Progression
Last night, I sent them on vacation to China, and after using testingcheatsenabled true and shiftclicking "modify sim in CAS screen" to change an outfit, the modified sim was invisible. It took sending them home to make everyone reappear, and then play was working fine for a while.
Just standing around.
Deleting the .bad file
18. What worked?
Nothing
19. What didn't work?
Deleting the .bad file
20. Anything else you would like to add
What happened exactly is this:
Last night, I sent them on vacation to China, and after using testingcheatsenabled true and shiftclicking "modify sim in CAS screen" to change an outfit, the modified sim was invisible. It took sending them home to make everyone reappear, and then play was working fine for a while.
When I saved and quit, then restarted my game (I wanted to download a mod but decided against it and didn't download anything) and there was no control panel. Quit and restarted again, no change. When I bring up the launcher it says there is a software update, and when I click OK, it launches the game instead of installing the update.
Also, I haven't downloaded CC in a long time, so I know it isn't that.

If anyone has advice on how to fix this, that's be much appreciated. I was very attatched to this family and would hate to loose them.

It's teatime somewhere.
Page 5 of 8