Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Ask if Single" changed to Friendly 1.63

by Shimrod101 Posted 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 2:17 PM by Shimrod101 : Update 1.63

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#51 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:54 AM
Zach I have removed your file. If you have a mod you would like to upload then by all means feel free. But you must go through the upload queue you can't just add files here. Go to the top nav bar and select Create/Upload.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you have a mod you would like to upload...

No, Seidon specifically asked for it, as well as others who want a working version. I had (and have) no interest in releasing my mods. I was just helping them out as requested, so you are only hurting them, not me, but that's your prerogative.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zach
Um, my post was very short, concise, and to the point. There's nothing to elaborate. Only two lines--just two!--in the Socializing XML file need to be changed to move the "Ask if Single" option from Romantic to Friendly, yet Shimrod101 is adding (not just changing, but adding) 23,670 additional lines of data.
I am just asking what else is he screwing around with, or is this just a case of him not having a clue what he's doing; and I think his silence on the matter speaks volumes. People have a right to know what they are really installing.

I didn't respond to the message from you some days back because I consider it to be a troll message. I haven't ADDED IN 23,000 lines of code anywhere that never existed before in the game as you insinuate. The mod is a direct copy of the Socializing XML and SocializingTuning XML with some changes made to move the thing from the Romantic to the Friendly side. (1.4.6 mod is the Socializing XML alone, this XML was changed and split into two with the 1.6.6 update.).

Presumably you are a proponent of the "XML Snippet Mod Theory" which states that one can take a snippet of an EA Games original XML, snip out a few lines of it, and create a brand new XML with it's own InstanceID number. And this snippet mod will work with EVERYTHING that anyone else has modded on, for example, the SocializingXML.

In the end there may be 666 different snippet mods on the socializing and these snippet modders will be claiming that "this mod works with the SocXML" and "this other mod works with the SocXML" and "this third mod of mine works with the SocXML". Problem will be that some other snippet modder has made their snippet mods on the Socializing or the SkillsXML or BooksXML or whatever, and the first modder has used the same snippets of code as the second modder; the snippet mods from these two modders will conflict with one another. And then you have modder 3, snipping the same pieces, and modder 4...

The end user, people downloading mods who aren't modders themselves, are never going to be informed that "This mod is a snippet mod, it will not work necessarily with all other modders' snippet mods on the Socializing, these other mods are titled: blah blah." Snippet modder one will have no knowledge of ALL OTHER MODS on planet Earth, or know where all these other snippet modders hang out, which websites; this would be impossible. So the end user is going to have to figure this out for themselves, which snippet mods work with which other snippet mods, or if some mod is a snippet mod or not. Mine is not, and all my other mods are not snippet mods either, so people know in advance.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:33 PM
Why are you making things up and going on about snippets? Everyone has access to the s3pe Package Editor and can see for themselves what you are updating, so this is a very risky road you are treading.

Your package file:

You are only updating the Socializing XML.

EA's version in its entirety contains 13896 lines weighing in at 380 KB:

Your version of that file contains 37566 lines and weighs in at 891KB:

All that's necessary to move "Ask if Single" from romantic to friendly are the two lines I cite above in my original post. I even uploaded the properly modified package that proved without question that what I say is accurate. (I made this change to the game way back June.)

So my question to you still stands: What is the purpose of the additional 23,670 lines of data you are adding to EA's XML tuning file?

Also, why do you deem me a troll for wanting an explanation for this? I doubt anyone here likes being misled, so it's not an unreasonable question.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:07 PM
Are you a friggin' MORON!? Or just a simple troll? The top screenshot you have is from the 1.4.6 Socializing XML, when everything was ALL in Socializing, so the Soc XML was much larger.

With the 1.6.6 update and WA, the Socialixing XML was split into two files: Socializing and SocializingTuning. Your screenshot 2 shows the SocializingXML FROM THE 1.825 VERSION OF THE GAME WHERE THREE FIFTHS OF THE STUFF IS MISSING! This other code is in SocializingTuning! So the Socializing XML in the 1.825 is MUCH SMALLER than the Socializing XML in the 1.4.6.

And you compare these two Socializing XMLs as if they are the same thing, my modded 1.4.6 version and the 1.825 version from your screeny #2. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING YOU 'TARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:13 AM
You genuinely amuse me. I always chuckle at modders who try to pass off an utterly trivial task as some major accomplishment simply for the (false) glory they will receive from the uninitiated crowd.

Anyway, you have revealed the answer I suspected from the get go, so fret not, I'll no longer visit this or any other of your threads. Take care!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:26 AM
Oh, I see. You knew all along the answer which you "suspected", so you have been posting flaming lies all the time? So I should "fret not" as you say. One of the first things you posted is this:

"yet Shimrod101 is adding (not just changing, but adding) 23,670 additional lines of data.
I am just asking what else is he screwing around with,"

This is a slanderous insinuation that I am "adding" in shit, some weird code WHICH NEVER EXISTED according to you, by association this means 'malware, trojan, virus' to a lot of people. All that is in the original mod is the SocializingXML, with several one or two word changes various places. The new version mod has Socializing and SocializingTuningXMLs, with these same or similar one or two word changes various places, as close as I could make it to the 1.4.6 version mod.

You, Zach, are just a slanderous flaming liar; why don't you crawl back under that rock you came from.

Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
You can change the value to 0 and I believe you prevent any bisexual or homosexual activity ever happening autonomously, yes. Your active player sim would still have the opportunity to do romance with same gender, if directed by the player. You can mod this with the Sims 3 Mod Generator, it's easy. Just find the 'plugin' SimDescription and change the 6.0 to 0 or 0.0, generate the .package file and copy it into your Mods/Packages as usual.

What I was hoping for is a way to get rid of the heterosexism, not make it worse.
Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 1:19 AM
Much more like RL. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 7th May 2010 at 3:18 PM
will this work with the lastest patch for The Sims 3, The Sims 3 WA, The Sims 3 HELS?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th May 2010 at 4:19 PM
Yes it will.

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:20 AM
Does this mod work for the new Ambitions expansion pack and the patch that came with it? Loving the mod though, doesn't seem to be working with the new Ambitions expansion pack and the patch that came with it though... Typical!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizziemay
Does this mod work for the new Ambitions expansion pack and the patch that came with it? Loving the mod though, doesn't seem to be working with the new Ambitions expansion pack and the patch that came with it though... Typical!

Yes, please release a Ambitions compatible version. We love your mod and Ambitions has forced us into withdrawals.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:50 AM
I really miss this mod, I hope you are able to find the time to update it for Ambitions.
Thanks muchly
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:04 PM
This mod doesn't work with 1.12/Ambitions, throw it in the dumpster. I'll probably start today on remaking it.

Field Researcher
#66 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM
Is this compatible with Ambitions?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
This is now remade for the 1.12/2.7.7/Ambitions.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:45 PM
Default Ambitions updated!! Yayyy!
Just an updated thanks for making this compatible with Ambitions. And, so quickly, too!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:12 AM
Thank you for making this mod, Shimrod. It's much appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 3:25 AM
ha, this has been great so far! it's been making things so less... confusing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:35 PM
This is remade for the 1.14/2.9WA/4.2Ambitions.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#72 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:47 AM
Quote:
By superstition I also like the idea of having both types of "Ask if Single". Perhaps the friendly version could be "Ask About Family". "Ask if Single", the way it's worded, does imply hitting on someone (mildly) to me.

I completely agree!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM
This is remade for the 1.15/2.10/4.3. The Socializing and SocializingTuning XMLs haven't changed, so it isn't necessary to use this newest unless one wants to. I've added in a fix for learning the traits of other sims. Generally one learns these by using the Get to Know interaction, which craps out often after the first 3 traits; one can never learn the rest on a given sim or it takes forever. I've copied this Get to Know function into 5 other interactions, such that using the interaction will learn your sim one of the traits of the target sim. The interactions are Admire, Applaud Hard Work, Deep Conversation, Flirt, and Friendly Hug.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:17 AM
It should go without saying that this mod cannot be used with the 1.17/Late Night.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:42 PM
This mod is remade now for the 1.17 and Late Night.

Page 3 of 6