Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
Default Face texture problem
I overwork the original face caspart with blender,in CTU in the Part Category Section, i chosen the option "Face Overlay" andthis face mesh worked wit every skin tone, however i get some disagreements with the texture at the border of the face mesh. (see the red mark)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 8:45 AM
That line is the border between the face and the scalp, and the line on the neck is the border between the face and the body. If you want to edit the face texture, you'll have to edit the scalp and body to match (or make your face texture match whichever body skin you're using).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 7:38 PM
i know it is the border but it shouldn,t be visible. this mesh haven't his own texture, it take over the skin tone of the character, whatever which skin colour i choose (Face Overlay in CTU). if i make my skintone darker, the facemesh will be darker as well with the same boarder problem.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 7:33 AM
It could be the normal map? If it's not the same shade as the skin then the light in game will react to it diffrently hence a darker overlay. If you don't have a normal map then I don't know but on all skintones even those that look to match there's always an obvious seam on the scalp, it's just not usually noticable because of hair ; )

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:43 AM
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The skintone colour you choose is overlayed onto your face texture, and the scalp texture; so if those two multipliers don't match - i.e. the face is a darker shade of grey than the scalp - then you'll get this problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:50 PM
i think the scalp will be shown correctly. it must be the facemesh. i tried this mesch as a accessory and there is the same problem. a normalmap doesn,t clear this problem as well. can you tell me how i can change the shade of this facemesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 7:01 PM
is there nobody how can tell me how to change the shade of the mesh. i do not want to give up this project.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 11:41 AM
I've been looking at skintones a bit more and I think it's a problem with the skin rather than your mesh since I can see the same problem on my skintone and I noticed that the shade for EA's face is much lighter than EA's body texture so it must be the actual face mesh. Have you looked to see how it turn's out on other skins esspecially EA's default?

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply