Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:03 AM
Default Weird edges on contacts.
I'm making a set of converted contacts for a request, but there's a weird and VERY annoying problem. No matter WHAT I do I can't get rid of this dark ring around the contacts. It seems to be a spot where the default eyes are poking through. I've tried everything, messing with the alphas, making a diffuse mask. I just don't know what to do. It's so frustrating!!

I've been using one of the costume masks as my template, and I have NO idea what the hell is going on, I've never had this problem before. And that dark ring is not in the texture.. or on the default eyes.

Also no matter what I do.. I can't get the white of the contact to cover over the white of the eye. ( I want custom whites)
Screenshots

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:09 AM
Is your alpha made correctly?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:08 AM
My alpha is a white square covering the cream colored box. I did test having an alpha on my color mask too, in the same spot, but no go.

EDIT: I'm a dumdum... I never even though about having the alpha ONLY allow the iris.. I'll try that.

EDIT EDIT: Nope.. that didn't do anything. I'm stumped.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:58 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 7:22 PM
I figured it out HP. Thank you though. Turns out my overlay file was smaller than it should be.