Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:04 AM
Default The problem of inactive sims making friends...
I play several families in rotation, so the inactive sims have plenty of time at school as children and teens. And some of them seem to select 'Talk with friends' as their option for school, because whenever I switch to the next household, their teens and kids are always super best friends with some of the unplayed sims - and without my doing anything about it or any matching traits.

Does anyone else have this too? What have you done about it? Is there any way to stop it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:06 AM
I don't have that because I have Story Progression disabled.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I don't have that because I have Story Progression disabled.

But Story Progression is disabled when it happens... however this suggests it may be a mod causing the problem. I will investigate.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:47 AM
If you're using NRaas Story Progression, there's an option somewhere along the lines of 'Auto-Tones for Inactives' that stops inactives using tones besides the default one.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 9:18 AM
Inactives shouldn't use any other tones but "Business as Usual" or "Normal Effort" without a mod that changes this. Is it also possible that some of your Sims have played tag with their classmates? Because that raises the friendship level to Best Friends in no time.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 12:53 PM
Don't forget that sims interact autonomously all the time, on community lots. Hell, that even happens in TS2.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 3:10 PM
I'm not sure about this, but in the game options menu is a slider for autonomy. I don't know if this works on all sims or just your active family, but you might check it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Don't forget that sims interact autonomously all the time, on community lots. Hell, that even happens in TS2.

Probably there is autonomous tag going on all over the place. But at least some are definitely using school tones they shouldn't, because I can see the relationship increasing with my active sims, when they're busy 'working hard' or something.

Clearly, a mod is to blame. Either Story Progression or Awesome.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Probably there is autonomous tag going on all over the place. But at least some are definitely using school tones they shouldn't, because I can see the relationship increasing with my active sims, when they're busy 'working hard' or something.

Is this a game breaker for you?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM Last edited by babele44 : 26th Mar 2014 at 9:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey

I don't think that it is Awesome in any case. The automatic tone setting of Awesome for inactive school children is to do their homework and then as soon as this is done it's "Normal Effort".
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:00 PM
I don't mind them making friends, unless they were originally enemies. I do, however, have a problem with them starting romances
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:13 AM
If you have nraas Story Progression you can specify what you want or don't want for a specific Sim. I think you disallow flirts for a specific Sim.

One time I had a premade Sim in mind for my Sim. Got the notification they were going steady with another Sim. I quickly switched households, had the Sim in question send a breakup text, then switched back to the original household. LOL

Who is Q? qanon.pub
#13 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 9:55 AM
By default inactives cannot start romances on their own, except for Sims with the Inappropriate trait and possibly also Sims with the Irresistible trait (I've seen this once so far with an inactive); all others depend on either the user intervening, some kind of story progression or mods that change Sims autonomy.
And, I almost forgot, if you've got Supernatural there's also the risk of witches who are able to cast love charms to initiate random romances, as the casting of this spell is set to autonomous.

Edit: Speaking of enemies, I don't think that there's anything to prevent Sims from coming to good terms with their enemies eventually in the long run, because negative relationships in the reds also "decay" over time and move gradually towards "0". It's only while a Sim is not actively played that their relationships' numerical values seem to remain static and not subject to decay and only change if they interact with each other.