Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:01 PM
Default Necklaces
Hi! I have a couple of questions, I hope you can help me out
First of all, is it possible to add morph states to accessories? is there any tutorial? I searched, but couldn't find anything.
Also, I was wondering if there's a way to make accessories under the not-so-new Necklaces category in CAS.
I think both things can be done with TSRW, but I'd like to know if I can do it with CTU, s3pe, etc.

Thanks! ^-^
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:11 PM
yes, you can add morph states to accesoires
Made a few, most are on SS2 and a shoppinbag is somewhere in the creator feedback section

You can do it with CTU but you have to add the Bblend and Bgeo files manually to the package with either Postal or s3PE.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:25 PM
Thanks! Would you mind giving me a little step-by-step guide? I'm a stupid when it comes to advanced techniques XD
Something simple would be good, don't get into deep details, I can learn easily :P
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:49 PM
Bloom, I don't suppose you know which number should be used as a starting point for Autonumbering on accessory meshes? I've tried this in the past and none of the recommended methods of checking said number by examining the SIMGEOMs yielded any results - or have you not used MorphMaker for your morphed accessories?

As far as I understand it, Nubie, it should be just the same as making morphs for hair and clothes, except for a couple of steps. I think it's Bloom who has a tutorial on making a new pregnant morph which should apply to accessories as well.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 12:17 AM
Thanks! I'm reading the pregnant morph tutorial now, but I can't find the morph states tutorial, is it here at MTS or somewhere else?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 12:55 PM
My Meshing for Dummies tutorial also has a section on pregnant morphs, and the other morphs work the same way. Like Whiterider I don't know if there's any standard starting point for numbering the vertices. Faces start at 0, tops and bodies at 5000, bottoms at 15000, I don't remember what range hair uses. As long as you start above the hair, I guess that should work okay.

To back up for a moment, most accessories don't have numbered vertices and you'd have to make your base mesh, make each of your morph meshes by moving the vertices, and use Wes's renumber tool to number all of them. Then use MorphMaker to make a bgeo for each morph and add them to your package. (Disclaimer: I've never actually worked with accessories or used MorphMaker with them, but it should be the same as with clothing.)
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 11:23 PM
Yup, like Cmar described.
The accesoires on SS2 are converted outfits because i wanted to keep them linked to the skintone files(exept the piercings) and thinking about it is best to not use that method as the textures(and uvmap coordinates) need to be mapped outside the top/bottom and shoe area or they will clash with others.

So you basicly:
Clone a accesoire with CTU(attache the base mesh to it/fix the textures etc etc)
When satisfied you use Cmar's BMM to create the Bgeo(slider) files(using the morph data from the morphmeshes) and (in my case as i use a older version of BMM) add the Bblend files.(and update its instance ID#)

If it turns out this is to difficult you can use TSRW instead.
It only has one mesh file(with base/fat/fit/thin and pregnant mesh in it) and will generate all files automaticly the moment you import the meshfile back into the package.

I numbered the vertices 60.000 and up if i remember correct.
Keep in mind that when using multiple(slider compatible) custom accesoires on a sim can cause trouble if a identical vertice numbering is used.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:39 AM
Ok, thanks Cmar and Bloom! I'll try that and tell you how it came