Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:07 PM
Default Band Career =D
hour ago ..i been joining as a self registered as a band member ..been playing 3 days now ..until my sims reach level 6 as a band..i just got very rare call opportunity from club or any community..anyone here has reach level 10 as a band?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:10 PM
My sim lost one of his regular gigs because he threw out one band member in order to replace him with a celebrity. I thought that would make the band more popular. Unfortunately the celebrity decided it was beneath him to actually turn up. So they had to play as a 3-man band and the bar owner told them they let him down.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:38 PM
hehe.. sadly..i just curious how to rise up they performance as a band..now i still got 0 gigs..sadly..still waiting for call ..
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:23 PM
Same here...my band isn't getting anywhere because they haven't gotten a gig yet. We really need a mod where gig opportunities happen more often lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:34 PM
yeah- -"..i just think the same ..hope next patch will fix this ..
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:12 AM
i did tune some xml and currently am testing it. i continue my saved game from where my band is at level 4 and have played 9 gigs.
in 6-sims weeks i've got 7 gigs so far.
the most lucrative gig i've got so far is the gig at RH (movieset).
11000++ simoleons and 1000+ celebrity points for each members. wow just wow.

and.. when i check my band skill journal, it shows my gigs played is > 15 which i should have completed the gig master challenge.. or am i wrong here? -_-"

btw. u can use ur own instrument to perform gigs. haha i just know that. now my sims only use her electric guitar to perform. haha
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:38 AM
I haven't actually tried making a band yet. I did have a sim with 10 skillpoints in the piano and registered him as a band even though he didn't have a band. He never got any gigs. It might be that he was high-level which make the opportunities less frequent or that he didn't have a band. I don't know :P

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:20 PM
Eagerly awaiting that tuning mod :D

From what I've read, you need to have a 4 person band if you hope to get called for gigs. I'm not 100% sure but all band members might have to register under the self-employed band option.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:43 PM
try the "More Frequent Opportunities" mod available on this site by Rothchild...it's updated for patch 1.17 and seems to push more band gigs. Also gigs use the celebrity opportunity slot, so another opportunity that you have accepted in that slot may stop band gigs from coming through.