Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:15 PM
Default Hello, hello, baby; You called, I can't hear a thing
Oblig: Boy, the way you blowin' up my phone won't make me leave no faster.
Put my coat on faster, leave my girls no faster.
I shoulda left my phone at home, 'cause this is a disaster!
Callin' like a collector -sorry, I cannot answer!

Not that I don't like you, I'm just at a party. And I am sick and tired of my phone r-ringing. Sometimes I feel like I live in Grand Central Station. Tonight I'm not takin' no calls, 'cause I'll be dancin'.

----
It feels like my Sims' phone NEVER stops ringing. I even get calls to be 'buzzed in' while they're out at the club.

One of the things I like is that other sims willingly come over to your house at any random time - but I heard that that stops/slows down if you move out of the city, and into the Hills, due to the gated housing.

My sims are in desperate need of a bigger home as they've quickly outgrown their penthouse. They're a few days away from being able to afford one of the homes in the Hills but I'm hesitant.

Does anyone have any experience in their game? Do the calls (guests/challenges) slow down once you move out of the city and into the hills?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
wow...my sim must have not enough friends cos the phone rarely rings more then 2 or 3 times a day...which mostly are about oppertunities.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:47 AM
The only exception being that when you desperately wait for an opportunity call to come then you'll get calls from the strangest people like your maid and you think: "Hey, sweetheart, I just paid you a fortune for doing nothing but shout at my froontdoor, so get your sorry self out of the line because I am waiting for a very important call from the bistro that wants my 10 perfect steaks that sit in my fridge since I don't know when. No, I do not want to chat with you. Why? Because I do not know you and I would like to keep it like that."
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:25 AM
Ah! You made that song get stuck in my head! And now I'll have to listen to it 100 times until it goes away. Again. lol My husband will not be amused.

Anyway, I have noticed an increase in phone calls and visitors for my sims in the city, but nothing unbearable. I kind of like it. My sims are usually career and family people, and this way they get to have more friends. I haven't moved anyone to the hills yet, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightgarden0
Ah! You made that song get stuck in my head! And now I'll have to listen to it 100 times until it goes away. Again. lol My husband will not be amused.

Anyway, I have noticed an increase in phone calls and visitors for my sims in the city, but nothing unbearable. I kind of like it. My sims are usually career and family people, and this way they get to have more friends. I haven't moved anyone to the hills yet, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

That wasn't my intention... at all.. lol

I absolutely adore that people actually come to your home. It was one of my complaints with the other EPs [that no one was coming around]. This was also the first time I experienced a welcome wagon, too.

It's one of my favorite "new features". One my sims is a party party animal and the other is a great host - they're justing running out of room to accommodate everyone! Having a party at bar is okay but I'd rather it be in their home lol

It better not mess anything up! lol
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:43 AM
lol, I get that song stuck in my head on a regular basis. One of my favs.

Kind of off topic, but I can't even express how much I love that people visit my sims now. Like every day there's people wanting to see them. Co-workers, friends, even strangers randomly show up to visit on any given day, and it makes me happy. The phone calls have gotten a little annoying at times, since people tend to call at odd hours and there's more people calling now, but it's definitely a step up from losing all of your friends because they never come over or call. Which happens to my suburbian sims regularly.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:46 AM
Constant calls drive me nuts too, that's why I turn the phone off in game so she doesn't answer it autonomously... that really drives me nuts!! I figure I'll still get the opportunity pop up I just won't have a non-stop ringing cell that I want my Sim to stomp to bits >