Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 10:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default No MDMP files after crashing
My game kept crashing so I downloaded the Crash Log Analyzer to find out whyt it happened. I ran the program but it didn't list any crashes. I searched through my Sims 3 folder but there where no mdmb files. What's wrong?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:22 PM
I'm fairly sure MDB files are something you have to enable on your Windows PC before they start appearing. Click "Refresh" in your CLA which should describe your error. It will tell you what the crash is caused by after your game crashes and you go straight for the program. If not, that is quite odd and I would need more information for this issue to be solved.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 12:36 PM Last edited by losail27 : 13th Jul 2014 at 12:49 PM.
My games crashes quite often and everytime it does I open the CLA. I keep refreshing it but it's nothing ever appears there. It crashes and freezes a lot, and it crashes everytime I go into CAS to change my sim's clothes. I'm pretty sure I have no bad CC since I have exactly the same CC in my sister's laptop and the game works just fine. Besides I've checked it with the Dashboard and Proccess Monitor and everything looks fine.
I'm trying to find a way to enable my MDMP files.

Edit: I checked and my WER is enabled. But still there are no mdmp files.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:06 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:15 PM Last edited by losail27 : 20th Jul 2014 at 10:40 PM.
I did everything listed in the article and it still crashes.

EDIT: I just noticed that in my save, next to the city's name it has .sims3.bad. What does that mean?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:52 AM
It means that it is a corrupt file.. Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/343066.page
Is there a sims3.backup ? If so, delete the corrupt one and rename the backup to .sims3 :-)

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:28 AM
I manage to load the town and click "Save As", so I saved my town, renamed it and now it loads just fine. Thanks! (:
I don't have saving problems now but still, it crashes sometimes when I try to change my sim's blouse or accessories. the custom content it's not bad. My sister's has exacty the same in her laptop and it works perfectly fine.
It also crashes sometimes when I go from a house to my town.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:38 AM
Anytime! I am glad you solved the issue. Ugh, the crashing issue is never fun and could occur of numerous of reasons. I think it would be a great idea to create a new thread (As this thread issue was solved) and have some fresh eyes to look at the crashing issue! New posts usually gets answered really fast, and if you could define what Operatin system you are using that might help too.

Have you tried to install http://modthesims.info/d/416883 Crash Analyser. Just play your game and when it crashes, open the Crash Log Analyzer. It will tell you the cause of the crash and then it can be troubleshooted.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
I mentioned in my first post that I have downloaded Crash Log Analyzer but it can't help since my game has no mdmp files and I know that CLA reads mdmp files.
My issue in the first place is that I have no mdmp files althought my game keeps crashing. So, I'd rather not create a new thread with the same title. It's going to be quite bothering to see a lot of threads with the same title in the first page.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

My CPU is Intel Core i3 @ 3000 MHz
Motherboard Cigabyte B75M-D3H
RAM 2048 MB
Graphics Card ASUS EAH6450

And my operating system is 32-bit.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:01 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by losail27
I did everything listed in the article and it still crashes...
We use your answers (to the FAQ) as a diagnostic tool; and it is fine to continue trying to solve this issue here, since the original issue of crashing has not been solved.

Yes, I realize they are a pain to answer and type out, but so was creating the FAQ and answering posts after posts that need prodding with one question at a time.

Which is why that FAQ is designed with questions from User data to Program data to System-related. Without those answers to the questionnaire, we don't know anything. The answers may not reveal things to you but I would at least know where the problem isn't and ask you to try something else...Not getting .mdmp files for Sims 3 crashes means it is not Sims 3 that is causing crashings but the system. And now that you have included parts of the System Spec, it may well be that the system is under-equipped to run Sims 3 with all those packs and latest patch. Does your sister's laptop (that do not have crashings) have the same System Specs?

Answers to Questions like: Is this a new system? How does it run the base game by itself, when patched to 1.67 and when it was unpatched (i.e. retail version 1.0). What patch was it on or what packs were installed, when you didn't have crashings?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
We use your answers (to the FAQ) as a diagnostic tool; and it is fine to continue trying to solve this issue here, since the original issue of crashing has not been solved.

Yes, I realize they are a pain to answer and type out, but so was creating the FAQ and answering posts after posts that need prodding with one question at a time.

Which is why that FAQ is designed with questions from User data to Program data to System-related. Without those answers to the questionnaire, we don't know anything. The answers may not reveal things to you but I would at least know where the problem isn't and ask you to try something else...Not getting .mdmp files for Sims 3 crashes means it is not Sims 3 that is causing crashings but the system. And now that you have included parts of the System Spec, it may well be that the system is under-equipped to run Sims 3 with all those packs and latest patch. Does your sister's laptop (that do not have crashings) have the same System Specs?

Answers to Questions like: Is this a new system? How does it run the base game by itself, when patched to 1.67 and when it was unpatched (i.e. retail version 1.0). What patch was it on or what packs were installed, when you didn't have crashings?

I know that creating the FAQ has to be a pain, and I really appreciate everyone help.

I will try to answer everything. My computer's story is weird and English isn't my first language, so I'm not really sure if I'll manage to make sense. But I'll try!

My computer is supposed to be new. What I mean is that I bought him about 5 or 6 years ago. It had so many problems with the game and everything else, so I decided to update him about 3 months 2 months ago. I (well not me, the person that fixed it for me P: ) threw everything old out and bought a new CPU, motherboard, RAM etc. My graphic's card is newer, I got it a week ago. When I got it, I noticed that although everything old was out and new things had replaced them, my old computer's problems where not completely gone. For example, before I fixed it, it kept minimizing every game that I was playing. And now that it's supposed to be new and fixed, it still does that. it still minimizes everygame that I'm playing.

It runs the base game by itself perfectly fine. I've also tried to run it with all the expantion packs that I have (my latest one is Island Paradise) and it also works fine. I haven't tryed to update it to 1.67. I will try that now and see if it helps.
Also, WITH custom content I had no crashes with the Seasons expantions pack and WITHOUT cc it works perfectly fine with my latest expantion pack, island paradise. The patch is 1.55 I think.

About my sister's laptop now. It's older, she got it 3 years ago and hers specs are
Motherboard Acer Aspire 5742
CPU Intel Core i3 380M @ 2533 MHz
RAM 3072 MBDDR3-SDRAM (I have to mention here that my sister has done that thing that your sim's can use 3 gb of memory, instead of 2gb that they use.)
Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics
Her operating system is 64-bit.
Also, she has the same expantion packs as me and her game is patched to 1.55.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:33 PM
The specs in post#9 is for your upgraded system? Hmmm...May I ask how much you spend on this upgrade? I wished you had posted in our Computer Tech section to ask for 2nd opinions. Intel i3 CPUs are not great for Sims 3. Coupled with that amount of RAM and a 32bit OS, it's not looking rosy.

I'm sorry, but I still need to see the answers per each question. Can we do this: copy the section D text and paste it into your next post. You can retain the questions and remove all the bits where I elaborate on each question (i.e all the indented text can be removed). And you can then add your answers below each question. Please also include the full System Specs. I need to confirm the RAM value, and check the GPU's device ID is listed in the .sgr files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:47 PM
I spent about 170 euros, which is 229 dollars I think.
I didn't ask for second opinions because I gave my computer to someone that builting computers is his job and I had mentioned Sims to him, so I thought he would knew what to do.

Which is the section D?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:15 AM
I didn't ask for second opinions because I gave my computer to someone that builting computers is his job and I had mentioned Sims to him, so I thought he would knew what to do.
I hoped at least you gave your IT guy the System Requirements for Sims 3 when you ask him to upgrade the machine; or if not he at least knows to do this himself. Which I have a suspicious feeling the SysReq (see link in my signature) was not consulted, because then he'd know 2GB RAM (if indeed that is all the machine has) is not sufficient starting from Ambitions EP, and that HD 6450 (the graphics card) is totally not supported (all REDs across the EPs & SPs).
Not getting a fellow Simmer's perspective on a PC build is akin to asking an Interior Decorator to design your house blueprints for you from scratch, instead of an Architect. Yes, they are in the same related Construction Industry, but there are subtle intricacies where a person who has never played a Sims game wouldn't know. Well, I guess, moot point now.

Which is the section D?
I hope you're joking. Otherwise the alternative is I was being ignored again.

Section D of the Crashing Checklist FAQ; that has all the questions that I need you to answer.
When I keep harping on "Answers to Questions"; need "Answers to Questions"!!, what questions did you think I meant?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:12 PM
I hoped at least you gave your IT guy the System Requirements for Sims 3 when you ask him to upgrade the machine; or if not he at least knows to do this himself. Which I have a suspicious feeling the SysReq (see link in my signature) was not consulted, because then he'd know 2GB RAM (if indeed that is all the machine has) is not sufficient starting from Ambitions EP, and that HD 6450 (the graphics card) is totally not supported (all REDs across the EPs & SPs).

When I told him, I needed a new and good computer, I thought that he was going to make one, no matter if I want to play Sims or not. A friend of mine (the one that suggested my my graphics card which is perfect for the game and I'm really satisfied by it) mentioned that my RAM memory is low, but my computer is 32-bit and I can't add more GB.
I hope you're joking. Otherwise the alternative is I was being ignored again.
Section D of the Crashing Checklist FAQ; that has all the questions that I need you to answer.
When I keep harping on "Answers to Questions"; need "Answers to Questions"!!, what questions did you think I meant?

I actually didn't know. I don't ignore you, I guess you can see that because I tryo to answer in every post but as I mentioned before, English is not my first language. I haven't use my english in a daily bases for a long time and I can't understand everything that I read in your posts. I'm sprry if I missunderstood what you were trying to tell me, but I'm trying a lot to understand but still, I can't get everything.
Anyway, I'm gonna answer them now.
2. What game(s) do you have and what patch version is the Base Game at? See the FAQs linked above to find out your game versions and to check if you have the latest patch.
My game is in 1.55 and I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Univeristy Life and Island Paradise.
3. Let us know if you have
attempted a FULL and clean uninstall?
I have, a lot of times.
done DEP and confirm bypassing Launcher to start the game,
I have done DEP. I don't know if I can bypass my launcher since I use Razer Game Booster.
repaired Permissions on a Mac, or used CCleaner on a PC,
I haven't used CCleaner.

rebooted the system.
I have rebooted the system.
4. Have you tweaked the Options.ini file as suggested?
Yes, I have.
5. At what point did the crash occur?
When I change my Sim's clothes in CAS.
6. What changed from before all this crashing happened, ie what patch (and what games combo) when last you had a crash-free game? Did you patch, add more CC, add a core mod, install an addon, updated the Operating System, updated drivers, updated your Security applications, etc?
I added CC. My game was CC free, and I added all my CC in one day.
7. If just patched, what patch version did you have before you experienced frequent crashing with this new patch version?
-

8. If you need help in checking hardware or looking for updates, please post your System Specs.
It's listed in The Report rar at the end of my answer.

9. If this is the first time running Sims 3 on this machine or with this patch or with this addon or whatever, do let us know this fact when you post in your Help thread.
My game recognizes the graphics card.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Report.rar (6.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
In the Arena
retired moderator
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:27 PM
Why was #1 skipped?
Did it crash when you do step#1 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing?
Did it crash when you do step#2 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing?
Did it crash when you do step#3 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing??

Quote:
I added CC. My game was CC free, and I added all my CC in one day.

Since it is CC, then if the Game Problem FAQ was done, it could have been identified early on that what you need to do is identify this problem CC. Don't worry, we have FAQ for that too! Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
You can based this right away from the result of the doing the Game Problem FAQ:
- if it didn't crash after step#1, means your CC is most likely a .package file
- if it didn't crash after step#2, means your CC is most likely a .sims3pack file
- if it still crash after step#3, means your hardware cannot handle the programs files with all those packs with just 2GB RAM and 32bit OS.

The hardware is actually working against you. And until you get a machine that is truly supported to play ALL EPs and SPs at the current patch level, you're going to continue to get the occasional crashings and laggings; more than other Simmers who have supported hardware. Incidentally, we have another FAQ with suggestions on how to improve this. Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performancewiki
In addition to that, you may be limited to the Clothing and Hair CC you can load in game - those that are not too high-poly or too detailed.

You could buy a Win 7 64bit OS, though. And more RAM.
The motherboard has 4 memory slots (shown in specs as 4x DDR3 DIMM): http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/pro...spx?pid=4150#sp
The CPU supports 64bit instructions: http://ark.intel.com/products/74749...-Cache-3_00-GHz
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:28 AM
I'm sorry, I deleted the #1 on accident.
-Did it crash when you do step#1 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing?
It kept crashing.

-Did it crash when you do step#2 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing?
It didn't crash but there was no CC in my game at all.

-Did it crash when you do step#3 of the Game Problem FAQ, and then go back in game and repeat the steps of changing an EA Default Sim to wear different clothing?
It keeps crashing.

I have previously done everything Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Content and I found no bad CC.

By doing all these steps, I guess that the problem is my game can't load all these CC. What do you suggest I do, since I can't buy RAM and 64-bit OS. Should I just try to narrow down my CC? And what are those that making my game crash more? Hair, clothes, poses or mods?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:12 AM
Since it crashes on Step#1 and #3, it is hard to say really. Anything and nothing is a potential cause.

You just have to test loading the game each time you add one CC item at a time. But even then, it might not be a consistent outcome, since #1 and #3 contradicts. Any CC you add may be OK for a while, but then one day, the crashings cannot be recovered from. Game Help:Your Computer is Like a Carwiki
Because, continuing to have crashings is a BAD thing for the system.

Oh, I guess, I should also clarify if this is just a Crash To Desktop or the whole system crash and had to be restarted, or it auto-reboots?