Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
Default Graphics glitch when zooming out
Hi everyone,

today I stumbled upon a problem with my Sim. Whenever I'm in game play and zoom out, my Sims' appearance changes. Some just get blurry, which I can live with, but most of them change hairstyle.When I zoom in closer, they look just fine.
I deleted the Cache and checked if any of the custom content I downloaded was corrupted (I used the Sims 3 Dashboard tool by delphy)
It also used to work just fine on my old laptop though it was much slower...
You can see it in the pictures, the male Sim looks like he's supposed to in the first screenshot and then changes hairstyle twice depending on how far out I zoom
I tried the FAQs and search but didn't find anything related to my problem.
Any help would be much appreciated because it bugs the heck out of me.

greets, vivii
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:49 AM
I have the same with my Sims people, but that is because I have set my Graphics settings in the Game to 'low'. Can you try and open Settings in game -> Graphic and then set the settings to high level? This might solve it.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:21 AM
Graphics Explained at neoseeker has an excellent overview and instruction for graphic settings and issues. There is an Article Index right below the Performance Guide intro that might help you out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:25 AM
Thank you both, that was causing the issue, I set it higher and everything is perfect!
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 3:01 AM
I have the exact same glitch in my game, but my graphics are in very high settings... does anybody know how can I fix it?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 9:54 AM
It could also be the hair itself when the creator didn't provide a fitting mesh for every level of detail. Here is a quote from the CTU Guide:
Quote:
LODs
LOD files are the Level Of Detail meshes that all body meshes are made up of. The highest detail is LOD1, whereas the lowest is LOD3. The game will choose which LOD to use based on graphics settings and viewing distance.
There are some Store and EP hairs that do the same, they revert to a base game hair when zooming out. I guess this is an indicator that they used that base game hair as the base mesh for creating the new one and they left the lowest LOD as it was.
(There is even a Store top for males where the LOD2 and 3 are simply missing and the top just vanishes when you zoom out, leaving you with a walking bottom and a floating head.)