Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Installing Save Games
Yet another problem, So I've been trying to get this save game of a berryfied neighborhood to show up in my game but nothing I do is working, I have the original neighborhood installed, all the houses and sims, as well all the rabbitthole recolours and the files, the only thing missing is one file that is a package file of the neighborhood in the folder like all the rest, but I don't know if this is what's causing the problem
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:45 AM
Can a new game be started based on this World, instead of loading a shared Save? And, can this newly started game be Saved?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:28 PM
Yes it can, but it since the world is empty it would take a while for me to get everything setup like the actual save file
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:16 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 24th Jul 2014 at 3:28 PM.
OK, so a newly started game can be saved just fine, means there's something wrong with the previous Save that has to do with the Sims, Households, Lots and CC in that Save. Does the Save you're loading have a .bad extension? Is there one with a .backup? Can the .backup be Saved As once you remove the ".backup" (backup the main Save folder first so the contents won't be merged)? Game Help:Restoring_Backup_Saveswiki

Another thing you can try is to rename your current Sims 3 folder. Start Launcher to generate a new one, and then copy+paste your Save folder, Library folder and .Sims3Pack of the world to the respective folders. Install the world and try loading the save and then Save it. Be aware all the CC is going to be replaced by default EA items. We just want to test if it is the CC causing this issue. IF it Saves fine when on this fresh user folder, then the culprit may be a bad CC in your old user folders that is not in the Library folder (Lots).
You can then go a step further: remove the save you copy+pasted to the new user folder, the one you just tested. And then copy it again from the old user folder to the new. And this time, since we know there's nothing wrong with Library (if previous Save test was successful), let's copy your SavedSims folder, repeat the loading and Saving.
Once we get to a folder that cause the same issue of preventing Saves, that's where your Problem Custom Content lives. Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

OR, you can try Kuree's Save Cleaner @simlogical to see if that utility can salvage your Save. But this method won't help you identify the Problem CC.

Oh! I missed that one file is missing from the Save folder...what is the name of this missing file?