Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM Last edited by mjupm : 29th Jul 2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cannot Save My Game (Sovled)
My game will not save. When I click "Save" or "Save and Quit" it'll go to the save screen and stay there forever. I took a nap for a few hours and it was still "Saving". Task Manager says that the game is still responding but obviously it's not. I always have to "end task" to get out of it. I've been working on a lot for two days and my progress keeps getting erased.
This has happened before (in various households/worlds) but it use to be rare. I haven't been able to save my current game at all for the past 24 hours. I've cleaned out the cache, I've used Delphy's Dashboard to check my mods, my game is up to date, and I haven't found any useful solutions on the internet as of yet. As far as I can tell a lot of people have had the problem as well, but I haven't seen any solutions that work.
My computer is less than a year old and far exceed the specs needed for the sims to run. Windows 8.

EDIT: Figured out the problem on my own (sort of). Had some conflicting tuning mods that didn't show up on the dashboard the first time. Deleted the affected household and the game has been running smoothly ever since.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:39 AM
The user folder is in the Default C:/ drive path, and how much free space is there? How long have you played this particular Save, in sim-time; what is the folder size of the last Save that was last loaded? Can you save a newly started game based on Sunset Valley with no gameplay whatsoever?

When did this issue start? Did you just add new content or patch or pack? Enabled a cheat for the first time?

Follow the guide on using Process Monitor, and post an image of the File Summary window. Let's see what the game is attempting to read and write when it is Saving.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:50 AM
My total harddrive is 1T and I currently have 555GB of free space left. I've only been playing this save for about around 25 sim days.
The save folder is 42.5MB in Moonlit Falls if it matters. No new cheats were used. I was working on a lot so just "testingcheatsenabled" "moveobjects" and "buydebug" were in use. Last time I tried to load up a new game it crashed while I was still in CAS. It let me save in Sunset Valley before clicking anything. I edited a lot and it saved fine...

I ran the processor and the summary was huge so bare with me.

Edit: Forgot to mention. This time around it ran surprisingly well and it manage to save. I even went back to the lot I've been editing and added in the wallpapers and played my household for a bit and everything seemed to work. I think I might have fixed it during my last cache clearing spree. The biggest things I deleted was two custom worlds and a few mods I simply don't use...
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:40 AM
I think I know what the problem is. The mod isn't new but I'm trying to use it on this lot for the first time since I downloaded it. Because the game saves fine until I add the rabbit hole to the lot.
http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2013/0...bbit-hole-rugs/

I'm gonna go ahead and confirm this and also upload the summary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:03 PM
Maybe not. I was saving while writing my last comment thinking it would save fine since it had several times but no. The only thing I did between this failed save and the previous one was add windows and doors to the lot. I do tend to have issues with CAS never really with build/buy. I didn't even use cheats this round. Here's the report.
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:24 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Please just use EDIT instead multi-posting. I can't merge them without also losing the attachments.

Speaking of attachments, it would help if can see the filename in question. You need to stretch that Path column so that we can know what are the files being read that many times. As it is, they are not much use.
Can you explain the first 3 images? Why are the values and most accessed files path different? What was going on at that time for each of the 3 images? Are they on the same Save file with the issue?

So, when the part where you said it saved fine, that is the newly started Sunset Valley game, without any gameplay? With the same user folders and contents as when you have the misbehaving Save? I mean, you didn't do the step# 3 to get the Clean User folder from Game Problem FAQ? Which means a newly started world can be saved without issues.
And in the original game where you cannot Save, have you tested if the Save can proceed if you swap the Active Household to another? Or Saving while in Edit Town? Then last but not least (if swapping out Active Household doesn't fix it), how many Saves do you have and how many of those are affected by this Saving failure.

Let's see the rest of the hardware Specs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:46 AM Last edited by mjupm : 27th Jul 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Sorry about the double posting and also for not being online for a couple days. I am currently loading up my game so that I can give you a better report hopefully. I'll edit this post with the attachment once it crashes. As for my PC's specs I'll copy and paste based on the link you gave. Let me know if you need more info I have the .txt saved on my desktop.

As far as the values being different in the first three images. Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was doing and added all the EP's and SP's into the filter making the summary obnoxiously long and that was my attempt to get it all. The last image I posted was with just the basegame and supernatural in the filter. I will open the path. Sorry, again, I didn't know what you needed.

I will try swapping active household. I have never had any issues saving in Edit Town. I have 6 saves and I've only had this issue with the last 3. I've never had it as bad as I've seen it in this game however.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/25/2014, 19:25:52
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Driver Date/Size: 1/25/2014 02:22:46, 19380224 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Date and Size: 6/1/2014 03:22:58, 551936 bytes
------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 548.0 GB
Total Space: 925.7 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB

EDIT (7/25): I had no problem saving with a new household. Not a saving error, but Loading for about 45 minutes. I was in edit town (still with the "new" household) and I went to edit the lot a bit and when I tried to go back to "edit town" it just said "Loading..." for about 45 minutes. I didn't even get the option to save this time.

EDIT(7/25): Summary attached.

UPDATE (7/26): Found some conflicting mods/files that I didn't see before. I'm gonna try to clean up my system and I'll let you know what I find.
EDIT: Same thing keeps happening. I either crash in CAS or upon trying to save.

UPDATE (7/27): I was able to play a new household in Midnight Hollow with no crashing. I was able to save multiple times and I played for about 5 sim-days. I was able to quit normally and everything. Just waiting to see if you see anything from the report. I'd rather not scrap that household but it would also be convenient if it was just one corrupt file. Thanks for putting up me.
Screenshots