Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Family gone after loading game, one Sim missing entirely (Image-heavy)
I keep having issues when starting my game -- when The Sims first loads, everything looks fine; this is my household as it should be.

But after I select it and load, everyone's gone and everything's acting wonky -- no portrait panels, no money, can't put the walls down in the house or change floors... If I go to Buy Mode, the game zooms in on a completely different house in the neighborhood. There's only a couple hints of my saved game in the UI, like one of my Sims' wishes.

What I figured out was if I go into Edit Town and then reselect the household, they come back... except one Sim is missing.

No portrait panel, not visible in the house, he's even gone from the other Sims' relationships. Cheats like "resetsim Spook Chavez" (his name, ofc) have no effect. What's worth noting is that if I remember correctly, the wishes that were visible when I first loaded the game were his. I installed NRaas's ErrorTrap and got the following:

The NRaas site says "If the log only contains the names of sims, and nothing else, then mod is simply informing you that in the previous play-session, the game deleted the named sims for some reason or other. If any of the sims are of interest to you, it may be a good idea to check up on them in game and see if they were recovered properly." Well, apparently he wasn't, and it gives no other information for solving the issue. It doesn't make sense to me the he would have been deleted in the previous session considering he was visible in the menu though?

Finally, the same exact thing happens every time I open the game. Last time I played, everything else seemed fine, but one Sim was also missing (a different one, the girl with purple hair). I ended up recreating her, continuing to play, and saving when I quit, but I really don't want to do that again, especially since this Sim was in a relationship and had skills and so on, and of course I don't want this to happen every time I play...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote:
The NRaas site says "If the log only contains the names of sims, and nothing else, then mod is simply informing you that in the previous play-session, the game deleted the named sims for some reason or other. If any of the sims are of interest to you, it may be a good idea to check up on them in game and see if they were recovered properly." Well, apparently he wasn't, and it gives no other information for solving the issue. It doesn't make sense to me the he would have been deleted in the previous session considering he was visible in the menu though?

Since you've submitted a script error and have had discussion over at NRass why not follow up over there? The response you received was the most obvious but does not mean there are no other options available or no more help will be offered to you. Where the sim was not recovered properly did you try recovering the sim yourself using one of these methods: How Do I Recover From a Total Interface Failure? or Tip: My Sim Has Disappeared as detailed In This FAQ ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Since you've submitted a script error and have had discussion over at NRass why not follow up over there? The response you received was the most obvious but does not mean there are no other options available or no more help will be offered to you. Where the sim was not recovered properly did you try recovering the sim yourself using one of these methods: How Do I Recover From a Total Interface Failure? or Tip: My Sim Has Disappeared as detailed In This FAQ ?

Oh man, I hadn't seen that page before, and it seems to be exactly what I need, but unfortunately it's not working... I tried both methods and my Sim is still missing, no difference.

Thank you for the link!! I'll ask for help on NRaas too, but if anyone here has other suggestions, of course I'm open to them!