Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:58 AM
Default Serenading
Yeah, so how exactly do you do it? I tried pressing the piano, romancing the sim, all kinds of stuff but I can't seem to figure out how to do it?

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:35 AM
If it works like it did in TS2 you need to click on the Sim you are going to serenade- it will probably be under romantic interactions and may not be immediately available. I am not sure since I have not tried it yet myself- I just started a new Sim and she's not met any guys yet - so no opportunities to serenade someone or be serenaded- she is still waiting for the Welcome Wagon to show.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:32 AM
Dunno about the other instruments, but with guitar, serenade comes at a pretty high skill level... 7 I think?
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:41 PM
My LVL 10 guitar did it spontaniously, like she owed an apology and seranaded first, but I am not sure. She was late to a party.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:37 PM
My sim has 10 in the piano skill and I tried getting the romance interaction all the way up to "irresistable". Didn't work for me :S

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:10 PM
You have to click on the musical instruments I think. My sim is level 10 in drums and during a party with his romantic interest around, I clicked on the drums and there was an option to serenade.
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:31 PM
Yeah you do need to click on the instrument, that's what I did. I don't think there's any other way. Your sim needs to be very skilled with that instrument (I'm pretty sure it's 7 too, the game notifies you). My sim serenaded her fiancee with her awesome bass skills which was cute.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
Hmm... I think it might have been because the sim I wanted my sim to seranade was a homeless sim (Pianist to be exact). And all in all that neighbourhood acted weird.