Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Sims 3: Not Saving - FIX
Hi

I've been having some trouble for the last two weeks or so with the Sims 3, like many others... my game was sitting for over an hour without saving, the icon would just spin and do nothing, which would mean I lost my most recent activity.

I was using XP 32bit (Standard) with 4gb RAM

I have installed XP 64bit which allows XP to recognise more than 4gb of RAM, I currently now have 6, this may help some people if they are able to do so...

But the real gem is this little program...

http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem

This RAM Cleaner runs every 15 mins and doesnt take up constant RAM or CPU space, as it switches itself off after running...

When your saving your game, open the Mini Monitor and just click Clean Memory Now... your PC will recover most of its RAM and your game will save immediately...

I've had such a hard time just tryna play a game, literally 2 weeks without making it through a few sim days, this program has helped me so much so I thought I'd create and account here and share, hopefully others will be able to get past the nasty 'slow saving' problem

Cheers