Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:33 AM
Default Snow not appearing on lot!!
Hello guys, i'm having big problems, Seasons is my lastest EP's that i unistalled but i decided to re-install it again. It was winter, and the snow started falling. It covered around my lot and on outside objects and for a while, it was even on the ground on my lot - light and patchy. After a few minutes though, it dissapeared The snow around my lot is still there though, and there is snow on objects, it even shows snow animations when my Sims walk around and they can throw snowballs and make snow angels and snowmen. I found an option in the settings menu but when I select 'Yes' and click 'Apply Changes', it reverts back to 'No'. This problem is really frustrating me. The snowed showed up on my sims lot before i un installed it. The option keeps reverting back to no, please someone help!
Here are my computer specs.

COMPUTER SPECS
-------------------------
System Information
-------------------------
Machine name: CHI-CHI-HP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: CQ5700Y
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 08:03:15 Ver: 6.05
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II 170u Processor, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1792MB RAM
Page File: 1727MB used, 1854MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
--------------------
Display Devices
--------------------
Card name: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9616)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9616&SUBSYS_2AB7103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 892 MB
Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
Shared Memory: 639 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Compaq S1922 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: Compaq S1922
Monitor Id: HWP290B
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0024 (English)
Driver Version: 8.733.0.0
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/11/2010 10:19:40, 584704 bytes
------------------
Sound Devices
------------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_103C2AB7&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6196 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 9/7/2010 07:27:34, 2484072 bytes
---------------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
---------------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 288.2 GB
Total Space: 464.7 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD5000AAKS-60Z1A0 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Free Space: 1.5 GB
Total Space: 12.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD5000AAKS-60Z1A0 ATA Device

Drive: Q:
Model: n/a
-----------------------

Any idea?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:55 PM
Have you patched the game? I guess, after you uninstalled an EP then re-installing it again, you have to patch it again.
Site Helper
#3 Old 29th May 2012 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 29th May 2012 at 8:33 PM.
Usually, when the game doesn't allow you to choose the option to show the snow on the ground, it's because the game recognizes that your computer isn't powerful enough. From what I read on the internet, the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics is an older integrated graphics chip which isn't up to playing graphics-intensive games.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dodoodle
Have you patched the game? I guess, after you uninstalled an EP then re-installing it again, you have to patch it again.

Yes i have downloaded the patch already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Usually, when the game doesn't allow you to choose the option to show the snow on the ground, it's because the game recognizes that your computer isn't powerful enough. From what I read on the internet, the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics is an older integrated graphics chip which isn't up to playing graphics-intensive games.

Awkwardly when i first got seasons and installed the game the snow showed up fine, i decided to un install it a couple months ago and i missed the EP. The second time i installed it no snow showing. I'm super confused.
Site Helper
#6 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:36 AM
It's possible that your graphics driver has changed. When the game is installed or run, it asks the driver about the capabilities of graphics card. Sometimes, a driver will say that the card is capable of more than it actually is. Sometimes, software will even add functionality which is not directly supported by a graphics card. When you update the driver, it may support different functionality from the earlier version. So, you might want to make sure that you have the most up-to-date graphics driver.

I believe that you may be able to tell the game that the card will support specific things, by editing a file (Graphics Rules.sgr). However, this is outside of my area of expertise, and not necessarily recommended.

I'd like to recommend that you read this FAQ:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics

It will explain some things about your graphics.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:03 AM Last edited by MioS. : 30th May 2012 at 5:58 AM. Reason: A short update
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It's possible that your graphics driver has changed. When the game is installed or run, it asks the driver about the capabilities of graphics card. Sometimes, a driver will say that the card is capable of more than it actually is. Sometimes, software will even add functionality which is not directly supported by a graphics card. When you update the driver, it may support different functionality from the earlier version. So, you might want to make sure that you have the most up-to-date graphics driver.

I believe that you may be able to tell the game that the card will support specific things, by editing a file (Graphics Rules.sgr). However, this is outside of my area of expertise, and not necessarily recommended.

I'd like to recommend that you read this FAQ:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics

It will explain some things about your graphics.

Thanks a lot i learned quite a lot of things I guess i just need to upgrade my graphics card.
Update: I just got done updating my graphics card, didn't work but thanks I'm thinking about getting a new graphics card, even though I really do miss the pretty snow.

I Heart You....