Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Von Trapp Windows and Arts&Crafts Doors

by leefish Posted 1st Dec 2011 at 3:11 AM - Updated 31st Oct 2013 at 5:27 AM by leefish : text edit

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#26 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:25 PM
Oh, Lee, you're just too damn awesome! The whole set is absolutely gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:52 PM
Awesome. Any chance of a collection file?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:45 PM
I don't use collection files, but if you make one and post it I will be happy to share it and give you credit
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:25 PM
These are awesome! I've been wanting some nice square stone windows for my Victorian neighbourhood for ages. I also love the extra architectural bits. Thank you!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:11 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Yay, they're HERE! I'm soooooooooo happy! *smooches* Especially due to having doors. Yay, yay, yay. You have made my week. As usual.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:26 PM
I could of sworn I commented on these earlier when I favorited them but my post is gone. These look awesome from the outside and inside, love the two finishes! Thanks for taking the time to put together and share such great stuff with us--much appreciated!
Alchemist
#32 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:20 PM
Wow Lee you really did go to town on these!! Hmmm I think I will have to update the Von Trapp Estate!! Once again thank you so much for making these to start with, and then making it into such a big set, you are magnificent!! :lovestruc

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
*shrugs*
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:32 AM
Great work, as always!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:50 AM
Yum, more giant window sets!

I love this.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:59 AM
@ iCad - yea, after you did those smoochy recolours I sort of HAD to get off my ass and post

@ ekrubynaffit - this set is all your fault.....

@ Misty - there ya go - thank you for being supportive when I was whining

@ everybodyelsewhoposted - Thank you - it's great to read all the comments - and all I can say is SIMS2FOREVER

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:08 PM
I'm just wondering... do you know how much better your work makes the game? Do you? Really, it makes playing Sims worth it. The quality is always amazing. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:18 PM
Oh these are GORGEOUS. I had been spamming my hoods with the windows that came with the cottage you uploaded a while back and it's great to see some more to complete the set (and so all my houses can be covered in them). Thank you!

Also, where is the stone wall from? I've been looking for some decent MaxisMatch stone walls and it looks like just what I am after (knowing my luck its in game and I've missed it).
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anyerfillag
Oh these are GORGEOUS. I had been spamming my hoods with the windows that came with the cottage you uploaded a while back and it's great to see some more to complete the set (and so all my houses can be covered in them). Thank you!

Also, where is the stone wall from? I've been looking for some decent MaxisMatch stone walls and it looks like just what I am after (knowing my luck its in game and I've missed it).

Yea, my hood is knee deep in them too

On the wall. Yea, I actually made it myself, but it is not really good enough for upload - there is a horizontal repeat in it that you can see really obviously on an empty wall, especially if it is two high. I use it my hood a lot though, so maybe I should tweak it a little bit for upload.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 2:42 AM
Wonderful set! I love build itens. Thank you for sharing such a great work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:20 AM
A beautiful new set! I always look forward to seeing your creations. Thank you!
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:06 AM
these a great! any hope you cuold convert the set for sims 3?)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wpilka
these a great! any hope you cuold convert the set for sims 3?)

Thank you for the comment. It is actually a LOT of work to redo these for TS3 and though I may well do so, I don't expect it to be such a huge set for TS3, mainly because I don't really play TS3 and when I do I tend to use almost NO Custom Content.

The Great AntiJen
#43 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 12:14 PM
Oh, those are nice. Nice and plain. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 6:34 PM
It'll be very hard to not use these in every single house/apartment. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 10:06 PM
These are gorgeous, makes me wish I had AL even more.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:48 AM
I don't know what I would do without your window sets.
really.
Thank you very much for this terrific download!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:46 AM
I LOVE these! I'm going to overuse them! /dances

Even better that they're slaved.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:15 AM
you make THE best stuff. i love ALL of your build sets with the stone surrounds. they are perfect for urban lots. the decorative surrounds and the ability to have different colors on each side of the doors take this set from awesome to magnificent. thank you so much!
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Rensim : 20th Dec 2011 at 5:28 AM.
First, lovely set, thank you. Next... I'm getting crashes with some of the items in this set; the double door, the double door surround, and all the windows. The crash happens when I try to access either doors or windows in category sort. I searched for duplicate GUIDs with simPE, and they are perfectly unique... I'm at a loss. I'm loading up my game right now to check on a re-categorization of the surrounds/bits that don't crash me, and then I'll try cloning a window or two and see what happens. I'm thinking this is an isolated problem, maybe having something to do with either MsBarrows pediment set or simnuts curved window expansion. I don't know... I have all EP/SPs... is it possible to have too many windows+doors? Is there a maxcount permitted? Hrm.

edit: cloning/new guids didn't solve the issue.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:42 PM
Hi Rensim - sorry to hear that there is a problem. I was able to use these in my game fine but I don't have Mansion and Garden. Try taking the surrounds/architecture bits out - they are the ONLY thing that may be classed as unusual.
Page 2 of 3