Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 5:42 AM
Default butler mod
Hi.
I'm searching for a mod that butler can open the locked door.

If I lock or unlock, I can specify sims list but butler doesn't appear on that list.

Is there any mod that can be possible??

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 6:42 AM
I had a look around and I'm pretty sure there are no accessible and active mods avaliable right now. While there are many faqs and websites complaining about this issue, there is nothing to do about it (annoyingly). The best you could probably do is to 1. Unlock the door and install a burglar alarm. 2. Simply don't have a butler and make your own bed!

Hope I helped

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 6:58 AM
Oh..I see

Thank you so much for reading my thread and leaving me some helpful comment.

I think I have to stop finding that kind of mod for the time being!!!

Thanks for saving my time, you the considerate!!

Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loveji0914
Oh..I see

Thank you so much for reading my thread and leaving me some helpful comment.

I think I have to stop finding that kind of mod for the time being!!!

Thanks for saving my time, you the considerate!!

Thanks!!!

I'm really sorry I couldn't find anything. It's disappointing no one has made a mod with so much potential. Also everyone needs it too! Good luck!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 6:27 PM
Have you tried DouglasVeiga's Housekeeper service? Between that, and his gardener and chef services, it's like a butler on crack... err... on steroids. I use it at home, at college, in China/France/Egypt, in the future, etc.

I haven't tried specifically with locked doors, though. I know the gardener teleports if he can't reach a spot.

You could also try NonaMena's electromagnetic hampers, if your problem is related to picking up clothes in locked bedrooms. Or the Hand-Of-God automation in AwesomeMod. Automatically picks clothes and dishes and whatnot and drops them in the apropriate container.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 1:12 AM
NRaas' GoHere In Testing has awesome lock features. There are tips at the bottom of the page for using the lock feature. Many of us have been using it since it went into testing with much success but keep in mind it is in testing. Take the same precautions you would take before downloading any mod ...back up your game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:41 AM
@Moraelin

I think the mod that you introduce to me is awesome! regardless of being related to the butler mod!

This mod seems to be very useful!!!!

Thanks for letting me know this mod and thanks for your hard work to find the effective mod that I could refer to!!!

Thanks!! Thank you so much!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:44 AM
@barbarat

Oh!!! I already download this mod but I didn't know the function this mod has!!!!

Thank you!!!

I think I can adjust this in my game!!!!

i will try!!!! Thank you so much!!! Love!!!!
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 9:15 AM
Well, assuming you mean the hampers, it's sorta indirectly related to butlers or housekeepers too. Essentially no matter where your clothes drop, ultimately they'll drop into the one hamper that the butler can reach. Then they just do the laundry from there.

BTW, if you use butlers, you may also want to:

A) Avoid the old style apartment features on the lot. You know, the ones with an NPC door, from Late Night. If you have public areas and whatnot, the butler or even housekeeper may think they're on the wrong lot and go home.

Well, the housekeeper returns automatically, but it's like having a cat. "Now I want to leave. Oops, I want in again. No, I want to go out. Screw that, I'm going in again." Repeat ad infinitum

B) Use NRaas MasterController. As I was saying the housekeeper returns automatically, but you have to go NRaas -> Master Controller -> Basic -> Invite Over (works on their portrait too) to return runaway slaves... err... butlers. Makes that EA bug a lot less annoying.

C) Never edit a housekeeper in CAS. Tends to mess up their script. Stylist seems to be ok, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:33 PM
@barbarat
Oh!!! I already download this mod but I didn't know the function this mod has!!!!
Thank you!!! I think I can adjust this in my game!!!! i will try!!!! Thank you so much!!! Love!!!!

You are welcome..don't forget it's the one in testing
There are also some other tips for butlers On This Page in the Gameplay Tips Section . Overwatch does a good job pulling in runaway butlers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 9:22 PM
@ Moraelin

Oh!!! Thanks for all the helpful mentions!!!
Actually, I've played sims for long time but I rarely know the things that you cited above!!!

I'll keep what you're saying in my mind!!

Thanks for giving me good infos and It will my my sims world more wide!!! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 9:25 PM
@barbarat

I will keep your advice in my mind : D

And the link that you give to me is so good!!!
Due to you, I get to know this page on that site!!! There are so much information that I could refer to!!!!!!!!

It will be great help!!!!
Thank you so much !!!! Love!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You are welcome..don't forget it's the one in testing
There are also some other tips for butlers On This Page in the Gameplay Tips Section . Overwatch does a good job pulling in runaway butlers.

Not mine. If I don't react fast enough, I'll find him trying to swim off across the Atlantic. I guess he just wants that badly to try to get away from my sim

Unfortunately, it's always in a place where he's unroutable back, so I have to reset him, THEN have him brought back.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 12:38 AM
@barbarat
I will keep your advice in my mind : D And the link that you give to me is so good!!!
Due to you, I get to know this page on that site!!! There are so much information that I could refer to!!!!!!!!
It will be great help!!!! Thank you so much !!!! Love!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

You are very welcome loveji0914 .. glad you find it useful. That tips page is my giant game play cheat sheet and updating is ongoing based on Q&A's over in Chatterbox and NRaas mod enhancements.
I just did a bunch of updates on several of our pages. They are identified here in the NRaas WCIF More Help And Information
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 3:36 PM
Default Sorry to get off-topic.
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Have you tried DouglasVeiga's Housekeeper service? Between that, and his gardener and chef services, it's like a butler on crack... err... on steroids. I use it at home, at college, in China/France/Egypt, in the future, etc.

I haven't tried specifically with locked doors, though. I know the gardener teleports if he can't reach a spot.

You could also try NonaMena's electromagnetic hampers, if your problem is related to picking up clothes in locked bedrooms. Or the Hand-Of-God automation in AwesomeMod. Automatically picks clothes and dishes and whatnot and drops them in the apropriate container.

How do you activate the housekeeper/gardener/chef service while in France/China/Egypt. It wasn't available to me.