Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 10:08 AM
Default A 'Vampire skill' mod?
Hi everyone.

You know, I've been having this idea. Everyone probably knows that Sims 3 vampires are kinda...er...lame...I mean come on. I'd hate to say it, but at least those Twilight guys actually really ate their victims.

But Sims 3 vamps...what vampire actually needs to ASK PERMISSION to suck blood?

Anyway...I'm aware that there are certain mods around that give additional powers to vampires.

But I was thinking of some kind of more realistic interpretation of vampires. I'm not actually really fond of having all these supernatural stuff around in the Sims 3, but since they're there, might as well make them fun.

My idea is that vampires should have a "Vampire Skill" trait that they can hone as they gain experience. A very experienced, powerful vampire should have really powerful abilities; they should be able to hypnotise people, transform into bats, even teleport, be more immune to the sunlight than usual, and perhaps even have some magic abilities like moving objects, putting people to sleep, setting fire on things, etc.

And these abilities don't come right away. The vampire must practice regularly in order to attain them all. And maybe there should be a "vampire power" bar or something that is used up the more the vampire uses his powers. The power bar should increase as the vampire gains experience.

Newborn vamps should not be able to use any abilities first, although they have the benefits of increased speed in learning skills. THESE are the vampires that need to ask permission to bite. As they gain experience, they should start being able to read minds, etc. When a vampire reaches "Level 10" in the vampire skill, they could be named a "Master Vampire" or something; they can have authority over other vampires, and maybe command an entire group of newborn vampires which he turned.

The more advanced a vampire is, the harder to resist his hypnotic powers. It should be harder for the vampire to hypnotise Good/Brave Sims, and Evil Sims should be more easily turned.

So, what do you think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonious
But Sims 3 vamps...what vampire actually needs to ASK PERMISSION to suck blood?

A polite one.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:51 PM
There's these:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425824
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489366

They probably don't work with eachother but hey it's better than nothing, right?