Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:11 AM
Default What now? Online datging messages
So my sim checked their online dating messages and accepted some of them. What's supposed to happen next? It kind of looks like nothing's happening. Some of the messages were proposals to meet up, so shouldn't there be options to make this a reality?
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:20 AM
IIRC,, you can set up a date from the online dating app. I'm pretty sure sending a message doesn't do that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:22 AM
When you accept a message or get one of yours accepted, if you and the other Sim find each other on the same community lot, your Sim will make a beeline for the other one with the action 'get to know'. It's cancellable, but until you actually let them get to know their date, it'll keep happening whenever the two of them are nearby.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:33 AM
Stuart-grey, there was no option, that's why I'm asking. Bloodiedhell, I guess that means I have to send them to a community lot on the weekend then! (you guys are fast, thank you0>
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:47 AM
IIRC, if, for example, the person they meet in the dating site is a stranger, you will make a new relationship in the relationship tab so you can invite them out or something, I guess.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 8:15 PM
Saying they're on a dating website while married says a lot. Huehuehue.

I have seen men who've gotten into an intimate relationship drop out of the online dating pool, actually. NRaas story progression and all dat gewd stuff.

I used to be picky on that thing about requesting Sims since I wanted them to be attractive but now that I'm playing a professional woohooer I only check if they have enough funds to pay me for her services.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:50 PM
I just wanted my sim to meet some other sims. I find it a wee bit difficult in Sims 3. But I think I have a handle on it now.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 12:01 AM
Yeah, you pretty much just have to go to community lots and wait a bit to see what Sims the game pushed to visit the same lot and hope it's the one you met online. c: