Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 7:21 PM
Default Stuck on Squirrel quest
I'm playing my third ambition and started the squirrel quest for the first time. I got to the point where my hero and his 3 recruits go kill the squirrels in the forest, but only succeed to catch a few. Then my hero is supposed to talk with his recruits about other ideas how to catch the squirrels. This is where I'm stuck, there is no interaction to talk about squirrel hunting. Not in the first pie menu, not in freindly, not in the profession menu. I tried getting social, and one of the recruits is a close friend of my hero, but nothing. Is also restarted the game. What am I missing? Could this be caused by the fact that I recruited not any townsmen, but the king, one of his guards and the foreign mercenary king?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:32 PM
When I played this quest, the interaction appeared separately from the 'friendly,' 'profession,' 'romantic,' etc... menus of interaction. Those gold sim markers showed up and I got the interaction by clicking on them or the sims - the question he asked appeared on the left hand side of the menu. I recruited foreign officials and people who worked within the castle and had no problems there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:34 PM
I know where the interaction should be, but it was not there They also didn't have the golden markers.
I finally managed to do this quest on the fourth try, but it was such a pain!
From the first try I thought that it might be unwise to chose recruits who have a position in the castle, and this seems to be correct. On the second try I took random townsfolc als recruits, but they kept disappearing into the village like forever, so that I cpuld not even put a marker on them to see when they are somewhere in the town. None of them showed up, and I waited and waited until my quest time was over!
On the third try, I recruited one nobleman who was a regular guest in the castle, but not belonging to the royal household, a wandering bakers, and the executioner. Interactions popped up on the baker and the nobleman, but not on the executioner. I managed to catch the nobleman on the town square to ask hin about the squirrel hunt, and next I was ordered to ask one recruit about chinchillas. The nobleman still had the golden marker, but no interaction. I tried to have my hero run after the baker, but all interactions were greyed out because he was on his way to the village, where he disappeared and was never heard of again.
Fourth try finally worked, I chose the guard standing near the forest, the baker and a peasant. Marked all of them and stayed in town all the time (no adventures, no patrols ... only picking flowers -.- ) And guess what, it was the guard who did not have the interaction.

I suspect that all NPCs who are bound to a certain place (like the castle, the pit, or a spot they are guarding) somehow do not have the interaction, only those who wander around randomly.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:00 AM
That's very odd. I'm glad that you finally managed, but not that you had so many problems. It also makes me want to do this quest again and see what happens. The hero I used was the king... I wonder if some of the quest actions are a little messed up with the other heroes?
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
I played this with the knight and had no problems.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 12:53 AM
I had the same issue...

The Sims are likely asleep at home,

I waited and eventually the gold markers reappeared.

(well one did, when I got to him to talk another had appeared)