Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM Last edited by purexevil666 : 29th Oct 2012 at 5:34 PM.
Default Game patch 1.42?
I think i just found a glitch with the site O.o Not sure if patch 1.42 is next (Seasons patch)
Hmm what you think? It said the patch posted on 19th of Oct...

The Patch is released now!.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:48 PM
It says ''test'' when I click the link too...
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:51 PM
Must be meant for Seasons. Here we go again...........................
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM
It's same as patch 1.39 and Store Update "Classic Simplicity", they are mysterious updates.
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 10:29 PM
New EP, new patch. Same old, same old.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:15 PM
Noooooo, not yet! Need moar time! I'm not done cleaning up my CC and Store stuff, plus I'm changing my hard drive tomorrow and changing from XP to 7 in a week or two *pulls hairs off* Like, arg.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:17 PM
Relax it's not out yet. It should be out be November.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Noooooo, not yet! Need moar time! I'm not done cleaning up my CC and Store stuff, plus I'm changing my hard drive tomorrow and changing from XP to 7 in a week or two *pulls hairs off* Like, arg.

No need to ever rush to patch, unless you insist on installing a new EP and running it plain vanilla, and refuse to wait for any mods you use to be updated. Me, I wait. I might buy it when it first comes out, but the EP will sit until I'm satisfied my basic mods are all updated and appear stable.

Just curious, why are you swapping out the HD tomorrow, but waiting a week to go from XP to 7? Personally, I view installing a new system drive as the perfect time to do a clean OS install, rather than transferring and then going through the process a second time.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:45 AM Last edited by MiniMimi : 27th Oct 2012 at 4:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Just curious, why are you swapping out the HD tomorrow, but waiting a week to go from XP to 7? Personally, I view installing a new system drive as the perfect time to do a clean OS install, rather than transferring and then going through the process a second time.
Space limitation, I'm totally stuck with no spare space left at all to backup my files before changing OS. Lulzy, I know. *facepalm*

Edit: Rereading that I realize there's some missing infos here. Actually I also have 2 crappy old HDs that I'm removing, and of course they're filled to the core. Hence the needed file swapping. Currently doing it with a handy small program called 'Unstoppable Copier'. Kudos to its creator
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:31 AM
I love how people are acting like they didn't know seasons was coming...

New EP. New Patch. It's been like that for years.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:57 AM
It's funny, I think I hold the world record for the longest time gone without patching TS3. The only time I patch is when I do a full reinstall, and my last one was a while ago now. Before that, I hadn't patched since Late Night.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
It's funny, I think I hold the world record for the longest time gone without patching TS3. The only time I patch is when I do a full reinstall, and my last one was a while ago now. Before that, I hadn't patched since Late Night.

Then you don't have CAS Body Hair features from the patch 1.22
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:46 PM
This patch should actually give those who do not have Seasons installed the option for Sims to swim in the sea, as well as the blueprint mode, I believe these options are coming as a patch to everyone.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:55 PM
That's explain why the patches become bigger and bigger. At the end of the Sims 3, we will get a patch of 5 gigs.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I love how people are acting like they didn't know seasons was coming...

New EP. New Patch. It's been like that for years.

Am I missing out if I don't get all the new EPs? I don't have any of them and I can only get 3 atm...
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:30 PM
You'll just get the option to download the patch even if you don't get Seasons. I don't really think you can "miss out" if you don't have all the EPs. There's definitely incentive to get several (as it increases all the options and stuff you can do with the Sims), but you're not going to be missing out on anything if you don't.. You can still blog, play challenges, do stories, etc. I don't have World Adventures or Showtime and I've never felt like I was missing out because I didn't have them.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Eminence Grise
#17 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:08 AM
Even if you don't get all the EPs you should definitely get all the patches... because every EP-related patch for TS3 has contained a LOT of features from the EP... for free! For instance, with the ambitions patch you got things like laundry support, the ability to own and upgrade venues, and the frieze tool. Generations patch had the new life stage length sliders. Supernatural patch contained the new population control features, and so on.

Heck, even store patches and stuff pack patches sometimes have new content, like patterns and plants.

And some kinds of mods (especially script mods) require that you be patched up to date to use the latest version.

Unless you're sure a patch only contains bugfixes and you are not experiencing any of the bugs that it fixes, I would recommend always staying patched.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 1:20 AM
Hmm... well since I only have the base game for now I think I'll have to live off of CC for a while (which is not bad btw ). Actually scratch that I will buy Pets too.
Alchemist
#19 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:05 AM
What is Frieze Tool? :o

Oh, and it surprised me that they skipped 3 patches at once and it was listed there several weeks before the game is released
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 1:23 PM
The frieze tool is accessed through the cheat "placefriezes on"

It's like the foundation, only it's a little taller, and can only be placed on top of walls. It was first used an an actual frieze in Ambitions, but not that we've gotten used to them, they can do more, like faking the floor height and the use of some wall patterns and so on.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#21 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaximumPayne
Am I missing out if I don't get all the new EPs? I don't have any of them and I can only get 3 atm...

Not really. I have WA, AMB, LN and GEN (no SP's yet). I didn't get PETS, SHowTime and SuperNatural because I felt they didn't fit in with my game style, but I do patch so I don't miss out on what the patches include. I'm up to date and just waiting for Seasons because that's the next EP I am getting for my Sims 3 game.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:17 PM
Hey Guys! The changelog of the Patch 1.42 is up:

http://es.thesims3.com/community/news
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:21 PM
I want to see the patch notes, but it will not open for me. Thank you coto39, I need an English translation. Dang!!

Someone on the forums said swimming in the ocean is in the patch. I don't believe them.

EDIT: Here is the patch notes in English: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

Wait! What! Attraction system? For real?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:28 PM
Default TS3 Patch Update 1.42
Here's the update guys!

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownload...90xx_update.exe

BTW, that's a SuperPatch (all regions).
Scholar
#25 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I want to see the patch notes, but it will not open for me. Thank you coto39, I need an English translation. Dang!!

Someone on the forums said swimming in the ocean is in the patch. I don't believe them.

EDIT: Here is the patch notes in English: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

Wait! What! Attraction system? For real?

I thought early on that somewhere, someone said something (okay, real informative there) about sims having the ability to have a crush and I've never found the original source or anyone saying anything else about it. Wonder if this is what they were talking about?
Page 1 of 14