Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:10 AM Last edited by springfairy556 : 8th Oct 2017 at 12:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Script mods and packages not showing up in my game?
Hi,

So I was having issues with my game and decided to do a clean folder.I deleted the "The Sims 3" folder and started the game to regenerate" and I went to my back up folder and copied my installed mods and added them back into my game.Now they are not being shown in the game.I have tried this 3 times.

I was told that certain mods will not show up on the "Script Mods" box.But these mods had shown up before.

For example:
http://modthesims.info/d/367164
This one was listed via the pop up box now its not.And its not working anymore.
I followed the FAQ thinking my config file might be corrupted, but it didn't help.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...137&oe=5A774E25
Here's a pic of my folder.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...49a&oe=5A7485A9
Here's a pic of some of the things I have installed.

And like only NRAAS mods are showing up. I understand clothing mods may not show up as some are working, but like the carpool disabler, and pose player are not showing up and don't work in-game either, and this particular lightning mod which was working, is no longer working.Just for the heck of it I removed my mods folder and started fresh and randomly downloaded a script mod from here, started my game and it wasn't there.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
Have you checked the compatibility section of the script mods you have downloaded? Some of your mods may be conflicting with others. Only thing I can think of, hope this helps.

I found this from the example you posted in the description:

" --------------------
Compatibility
--------------------
The lighting mod will work with expansion packs but will not work on the worlds included in them such as vacation areas, Twinbrook, etc. You must delete the custom lighting in the world files by follow instructions found below or in the instructions tab.

Sunset valley, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and any custom worlds without custom lighting will work without additional editing.

Will conflict with other mods that change lighting, sky colors, timescale, or water color.

Patches:
There shouldn't any problems with any new or old patches... that is until Seasons...? "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sl33ping-b00ty
Have you checked the compatibility section of the script mods you have downloaded? Some of your mods may be conflicting with others. Only thing I can think of, hope this helps.

I found this from the example you posted in the description:

" --------------------
Compatibility
--------------------
The lighting mod will work with expansion packs but will not work on the worlds included in them such as vacation areas, Twinbrook, etc. You must delete the custom lighting in the world files by follow instructions found below or in the instructions tab.

Sunset valley, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and any custom worlds without custom lighting will work without additional editing.

Will conflict with other mods that change lighting, sky colors, timescale, or water color.

Patches:
There shouldn't any problems with any new or old patches... that is until Seasons...? "

Funny thing is the mod was working up until the point I decided to delete my user file(Electronic --- The Sims 3 Folder) and start a new one, when I added my mods back in they don't show up anymore, and don't work.I don't use any of those worlds, the worlds I do/did use it worked in.And yeah I have seasons, but I installed the seasons version.Just did a test mod from here and that one shows up.

Are lighting mods considered tuning mods? I was told tuning mods shouldn't show up on the "Script Mods" box.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:28 AM
As of right now this is the only mod that is not working, other's aren't showing up but this one isn't working at all.
Site Helper
#5 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:16 PM
Which worlds are you saying you don't use? The ones that came with EPs, or the ones on the list of worlds that don't need to be modified in order to use the mod?
If you're using the worlds that need modification, and you modified them the first time you installed the mod, that might be why the lighting mod worked then and isn't active now. You've got the original copies of the worlds back.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook