Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:34 AM
Default Do your sims have set routines?
Recently, I've been noticing that my sims don't follow a strict routine when they get home from work/school.

I'll get them home, the kids will do their homework, and then the next thing I know it's 2am and they're all playing games and goofing around instead of sleeping and then they complain when they're tired at work/school but it's their own damn faults.

So I'm curious; do you make your sims stick to a routine (i.e. home, dinner, bath, bed) or just let them do what they like?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 3:51 AM
I make them stick to routines because otherwise its chaos. Adults pretty much just do whatever, I try to keep them to a routine on worknights but have them go do something if they have the next day off. I try to have the kids work on homework after school then eat, around that time the parents are getting to eat as well and there is a chance of them having a "family dinner". It's still pretty rare, but it happens on occasion! After that I try to fill their fun meters back up, and give them a shower before bed so morning time isn't as rushed. I wonder if my "sim parenting" will give me an edge with my future real life children? Lol
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:09 AM
My households are complete chaos, I need to make them get their shit in order.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:53 AM
In the Sims, I am so stuck to routines. No, game! Things must be done in EXACTLY this order, at this exact time. I micromanage my sims to death.
I'm trying to stop it, it really makes things much less interesting. I like to see what my sim will do on their own. After a sim-week I noticed something...

Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:49 AM
I've been trying to get them to go to bed around 10 so that they have energy in the morning to go to school and work. So much like real life! They tend to wash up whenever they're dirty, but I do typically have them shower in the morning. Both morning and night, I scan pet dishes to make sure they're fed. Lately, I've been playing a woman who writes and rides horses, so as soon as she's able in the morning, I send her to the library to work on her book. Around noon or 1:PM, I let her go home and tend to her needs, then around 3 or 4, she gets on her horse and they head out to compete in shows. After the race, they return home and she brushes the horse and clean's her hooves before putting her in the stable and then the Sim crashes in bed. I wish time would slow down in that game because I'll give her a request such as, "go to the stable" and it will take her 15 minutes to stop doing what she's doing and then another 15 to walk out there and the stable is right next to her house.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 12:47 PM
Generally, yes. I had to download NRaas Relativity to allow my Sims more time for prepping before going to school/work (taking a shower/dump and eating). I got a mod that increases the chances of kids/teens doing their homework, so I don't bother too much with that. In the evenings, after they come home from school/work, I just have them eat and take a shower/bath/dump and eat dinner, then leave them to their own devices.

Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
In the Sims, I am so stuck to routines. No, game! Things must be done in EXACTLY this order, at this exact time. I micromanage my sims to death.

Oh god, I do that too! I've been trying to shake this habit by having my latest household with only 7 YAs but controlling only one at a time ('cept for unsticking Sims - the insane one loves getting stuck and route-failing).