Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17526 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No, many people have had mascots and cheerleaders move in normally. I don't know how the SimBlender works, so no idea why that wasn't an option. .

To get her to move in I expected the usual "Propose - move in", but even though she was in love & engaged, this option didn't appear. I had to use Blender to move her in. Her usual bazaar autonomous actions (usually to irritate) are gone (waa). But when I moved her into other houses (waiting for her fience to graduate), she refused to woo-hoo (even though she would do everything else, and WANTED to) -- just bazaar. Her and her beloved are both family, but if she refused to consummate the marriage, I'm seeing a nun's habit and cats in her future.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17527 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:36 AM
Okay, that sounds like she has a problem. She should be acting like a normal sim. You probably ought to troubleshoot her.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#17528 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:19 AM Last edited by Breezilla : 24th Oct 2014 at 3:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Were the employees assigned to their roles last time you played the business? I mean, you didn't unassign them before sending them home, did you? (It sounds like no, but if you did, try leaving them assigned to a job when you close the business.) You may also find noreassign from MATY helpful: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3881.0.html I know that before I had that, when I sent a playable to a lot that a different playable owned, the owner would reassign all the employees in the first thirty seconds or so, which made it so the employees were doing things they weren't good at, or on their break. It took me a while to catch the owner in the act of reassigning them, too.

Yes, they were all assigned. I was even wondering if something was un-assigning them, but when I go back to play the lot with the owner, everything works fine and everyone's just as I left them! It looks like someone else on that thread was having the same issue, but no resolution. I even had the owner buy another simple, Maxis-made lot and it's got the same problem, so something must be causing a conflict.

I had no idea that the owner could autonomously re-assign employees, though, so I'm definitely keeping that mod one if I can get this worked out!

EDIT: CBOY_normalclothes hack is the one that was causing the weird behavior. I didn't even think I had that one but lo and behold, guess what I found in my hacks folder. Everything works as intended now!
Mad Poster
#17529 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 AM
Try it in an empty test hood, and see if the same thing happens. If it does, remove your downloads and try again. You ought to have a conflict in there somewhere, and that should help prove if that is the case.
Mad Poster
#17530 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:06 AM
I just realized the manager at that business is a playable. What happens if I take HER to the business? She won't ALSO be there working will she?!
Peni: I don't know how to trouble-shoot her, but I have so many odd problems with - well, everything - I suspect lots of conflicting CC. Just basically to lazy to do anything.

Mad Poster
#17531 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:36 AM
There's a FAQ that tells you how to troubleshoot. You're routed through it when you try to post to the Help newsgroup, because almost all problems can be solved by doing it. It's tedious, but it doesn't take as long as it sounds like it would, and it certainly takes less time and frustration than playing around serious glitches like that.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17532 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Peni: I don't know how to trouble-shoot her, but I have so many odd problems with - well, everything - I suspect lots of conflicting CC. Just basically to lazy to do anything.

Its hard to help someone who does not want to help themselves.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17533 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 1:05 PM
I know it's a pain in the ass to work out what's wrong sometimes, but you'll feel better once you catch the offender. I'm currently procrastinating on sorting my Downloads folder; it badly needs sorted, but I have so many. XD
Mad Poster
#17534 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:57 PM
I agree, Charity. I will sort through it the best I can - been meaning to find some conflicting CC anyway. As soon as I get through laying sod in back yard and replanting herbs.

Theorist
#17535 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:26 PM
My question should fit this topic very well. How many sims can fit in a volkswagon car? Sims want to know. Seriously. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#17536 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:57 PM
Eight, without a mod. Which is also how many can fit in a LandWhale. That's the default cap for outings.

Field Researcher
#17537 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM
I've learnt a lot about neighborhood corruption and how to avoid it in the past few months but there's something I did yesterday by accident, tried to fix it and I'm wondering if it's completely hopeless to think I might've avoided the problem or not.
What I did was saving the game while my sim was on the phone. It was a big family and I forgot to check out what the father (the caller) was doing so it's entirely my own fault.. Well, I invited this sim on the other end of the line for a visit and moved him in the household. Would this mean that I avoided the problem of having an off-lot sim's data at the lot? (sorry, I'm terrible with these terms & not sure if it's his data I should be worried about..)
Mad Poster
#17538 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:09 PM
As I understand it (and I could be wrong) that's only a problem under certain circumstances, such as if the game undergoes a reset, the invited person dies, or possibly if the lot gets bulldozed. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Saving the game with the sim on the phone is not particularly risky, I believe. It's saving and quitting, or saving and exiting the lot, that creates the risk.

Field Researcher
#17539 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
Oh, thank you! I was scared I'd lost my Veronaville for a moment there, after messing up my Uber-Megahood a while ago (week? two?) I really don't want the same to happen again. I save the game every ten minutes now, just in case Thank you for the quick response!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17540 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:10 PM
Off-World Loiterers are okay so long as you are not going to move the lot to the house bin. So if you saved on the phone, then proceeded to move the household out and place their lot into the housing bin, that could cause issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17541 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:52 AM
Well the launcher finally got on my last nerve and I tried bypassing it. The first time I loaded a neighbourhood after doing so it behaved as if it was a new neighbourhood and downloaded all the stealth hood families, even though I have them either disabled or with empty templates. Anyone know what might have gone wrong?
Test Subject
#17542 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:45 AM
Is it necessary to copy the entire Sims 2 UC folder to back it up? Would backing up only the neighborhoods folder be a VBT?
Theorist
#17543 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM
I usually only back up the individual Neighborhoods folders that I play, and my Downloads folder. You only need to back up the parts that you change.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17544 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM
Which way did you try to do it Charity? I did mine like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjpCYSLTBKc MTS shows a slightly different way. I've never had any trouble with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17545 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:32 PM
I have the same issue with mascots, I can't get one to join my greek house. I don't know if that's normal, though. I haven't tried moving the mascot into a normal household.

For the poster having trouble getting the motivation to do a giant sort out, I'm just writing a tumblr post about this, I'll edit and add the link when I'm done ^_^

Backups - you should back up Neighbourhoods, Downloads, SavedSims, and if you have lighting mods or custom stairs then you might need to back those up too. Plus inteen has a file somewhere else, I don't remember where off the top of my head. If you just put a NH folder into a vanilla game without the correct mods, you can cause corruption.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#17546 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Which way did you try to do it Charity? I did mine like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjpCYSLTBKc MTS shows a slightly different way. I've never had any trouble with it.
I just changed the path on my desktop shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" -w

I wonder if it makes a difference that I've hacked EP9.exe to use the more memory cheat.
Mad Poster
#17547 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Eight, without a mod. Which is also how many can fit in a LandWhale. That's the default cap for outings.

And what I find particularly mystifying is how they manage to all switch seats in transit. "Gee, when I opened the door to get in it looked EMPTY!"

Scholar
#17548 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:45 AM
this is stupid (& likely just random bitching, not sure what can be done)...I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of time (over 2000hrs & yes I did the math ) reorganizing & culling my downloads. I finally believe I have done all I can & actually load my game up for the first time in two years to play only to discover that none of my sims can leave their home lots to go to community lots. They can go to school or work, no problem, they can even go for a jog or hike; call a taxi up? Forget it....literally, it drops right out of their queue in a blink.
I have gone thru my mods again (these were all in prior to my culling adventure) they worked previously & I don't recall ever actually using a prisoner mod. Do I really, really, really have to do more 50/50's??

**Thank you, if for nothing else than allowing me a place to vent to people who actually can sympathize/empathize with this type of situation.** :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#17549 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:37 AM
You spent 83 days worth of time cleaning downloads? Holy cow And I thought I spent a lot of time on trying to get my game right to play.

I don't know of any conflict that would cause that, but I find with a problem that specific, doing 50/50 is not that terrible (or time consuming) if you are just organized. And then you get to play! I sympathize immensely though. It's terribly unfair to spend all that time to get to play, and then when you are finally there, it doesn't let you.

Are they the same Sims as before? If they are, maybe you removed something that screwed with things. I'd do a quick no-CC test to start with, if I were you.
Top Secret Researcher
#17550 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Rusty55 : 26th Oct 2014 at 4:08 AM.
Wow that is a lot of hours. The only thing I can add to gummilutt's suggestions is since it is calling a taxi that is the problem check all the phones and make sure they are not blocked by something or have them buy a car and try clicking on the car and try that way.

Edit: In my old game sometimes they wouldn't use the phone when I directed them to, finally I checked when they refused and it was the phone wasn't working. So I replaced the phone and that fixed it.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 702 of 1000