Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:28 PM
Aww, it only goes to level 5? I'm at level 5. Oh well. I love it though, it's fun! But yeah, it's really stupid how they always come over in the worst mood possible. And kids are boring, they do homework, then go play. Toddlers are where it's at! It is cool though, how after they age up into child, they start coming after school. Then when they turn into teens the parent gives you a nice thank you message.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:41 PM
Anyone else had toddlers from a daycare that seem frozen in age on your daycare providers relationship panel? I've seen several that he had in daycare grow on up but there are 2 that are to this day still toddlers.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:47 PM
Just wondering - my sim joined the day care profession but she hasn't had any children/toddlers arrive to be looked after. How soon do you normally have children/toddlers arrive?
Instructor
#29 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:51 PM
The next day.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 9:15 AM
I enjoyed the daycare profession- but after my sim had a baby with a couple days off, I just said no and quit the job ^_^ Its kind of irrating how they all come in with RUBBISH moods, do the parents even notice theres toddlers in their house? But on the positive side, I loved having the kids join the " daycare".
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 10:31 PM
For all these people who have ridiculous amounts of time off you can get awesome mod which has a command to remove the time off you have acquired at any point you choose. The command backtowork is a lifesaver, honestly. I don't think anyone wants so much time off for their sims.
Instructor
#32 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 12:02 AM
So far, I love it! But I'm just wondering - Do children often come to daycare? It's just that my sim is level 3 in the daycare profession, and she has only ever gotten toddlers, no children.
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 8:35 AM
My daycare is still extemely bugged which is annoying and that big patch was supposed to fix all the daycare bugs! hah! liar
Forum Resident
#34 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
So far, I love it! But I'm just wondering - Do children often come to daycare? It's just that my sim is level 3 in the daycare profession, and she has only ever gotten toddlers, no children.

I think you get children at level 4.
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:05 PM
Thanks. The children arrived the following day, as said. I really like the profession. I am a bit of a cheater usually, but I've managed to get to level 3 now without cheating at all [eg, without cheating to increase the motives of the toddlers].

Do you keep the same toddlers/children all the way through?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fingersmith
Do you keep the same toddlers/children all the way through?
Yeah, unless they age up to teens in which case you obviously don't look after them anymore.
Eminence Grise
#37 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
For all these people who have ridiculous amounts of time off you can get awesome mod which has a command to remove the time off you have acquired at any point you choose. The command backtowork is a lifesaver, honestly. I don't think anyone wants so much time off for their sims.

Or, if you don't want the overhead of awesomemod, there's an xml tuning mod here which stops maternity leave: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414240

I can't stand maternity leave, regardless of my sims' profession, so this is one of my most essential mods.

But yeah, I like the daycare profession too, much more than I expected Another thing that's great about it (in addition to everything others have mentioned) is that you wind up maxing your relationship with pretty much everybody you care for, so as they age and you get new kids, you have a lot of close friends. Great for sims who have the popularity LTW And my sim's daughter wound up marrying one of the daycare toddlers that she'd grown up with
Field Researcher
#38 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 8:01 PM
i know this thread hasnt had any attention in a month, but it's the thread i've been looking for. i've been having trouble with my sims daycare, she got to level 4, and there is no problem with the toddlers, but when the KIDS get there, the snotty lil twerps give me a message "your house is a mess. we cant get in." and my sim gets her daycare liscence suspended.

i tried hiring a maid. no help. i completely re aranged the home so it would be more "roomy". no help. i edited her and took away her "athletic" trait, to give her the "neat" trait, so she could compulsively clean house. NO HELP.

it's become downright silly, she gets toddlers in the morning, everything goes fine, once the mom and gramma of a toddler even just hung out all day... she chased toddlers, wiped butts, fed, potty trained a lil bit, fed the adults, tidied up some, the bratty "problem child" kids showed up, rang the doorbell a few times, she tried to invite them in, but they pulled the "your house is a mess, we cant get in" and bicycled off. THEN all the toddler parents came running up and snatched them off, including the other parent of the child whos mom and gramma were loitering. mom and gramma stayed on the couch chillin'... except 1 toddlers parent, who always leaves their kid ALL NIGHT. i end up doing reset sim on that toddler every time.

then, i need to go take the "you suck at daycare, pay us but we wont tell you what you're doing wrong" thing at city hall, then i start over, and get suspended again, the very next time kids show up.

it's making me crazy. anyone know whats up here?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 12:09 AM
I got a problem with daycare too, since getting Island Paradise, the parents who bring their toddlers ring the doorbell then wait there for a while then they put their toddlers down right at the edge of the lot garden, then I have to look around the lot to find the toddlers who are crying, the toddlers never go into the room to play they just sit at the edge of the lot all day. When I have my Sim pick them up to take them into the room and put them down in the room they take the toddlers back outside to the edge of the lot again! Frustrating. My Sims do this with their pets when they put them down as well and their pets go to the edge of the lot to be picked up as well. Is this a bug? It would be good if I could control the toddlers so that I can get them to play with the toys etc.
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 5:27 AM
Default daycare center
I bought the daycare center thinking that I could use it to help me with my children. this did not work, so I thougt that I might be able to use it if I started in the daycare profession. The question is how do you use the daycare center that comes from the sims store as a set?
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:54 AM
I love the daycare option, though I have to say it's one of the more frustrating professions. Unlike the others (such as ghost hunting) you have to do it and some of your clients are... Well... They're a little bit much to handle. I have on kid who comes in who will not shut up crying the entire time. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, he will just sit there and simmer in his own unhappiness. Aside from that, though, I think it's a pretty cool feature. I still haven't given it a full go, though, so I can't exactly say I know how all of it works.
Theorist
#42 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:04 AM
Default My observation as a teacher/child minder...
It's a little too close to home.

Today I went for a job interview at a preschool and kept thinking about kids crying and peeing themselves and "having a little fun" and how my day care Sims carer is always tired and worn out.

The woman told me I might have to take care of infants and I just pictured some blob baby in a tacky blue blanket screaming every few hours.

There have to be easier and more lucrative ways of making a living in RL and in the Sims.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#43 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 5:14 PM
I actually like the daycare profession.

But I wonder, why are children even in daycare, when they can be left home alone while Mom and Dad are working? *shrugs*

My Sim takes better care of the toddler than their parents do, that's for sure. First thing I do, give all the little rugrats bottles, unless they need a diaper change right away.

I don't mind the times when my Sim looks after a toddler on a weekend. That's when I have my Sim teach that toddler their skills. Never know if that kid'll be a future son or daughter-in-law...teach them their skills, they get good traits, right?

I have other family members pitch in as well. Children can hug toddlers and give them bottles.

I like the "Tell Tale" interaction that gets unlocked at I think Level 3. Ups the children's Fun and Social (I found this out because that's what it does to children in my household). I love how the toddlers just sit there in a row, rocking back and forth and giggling hysterically!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears

But I wonder, why are children even in daycare, when they can be left home alone while Mom and Dad are working? *shrugs*

My Sim takes better care of the toddler than their parents do, that's for sure. First thing I do, give all the little rugrats bottles, unless they need a diaper change right away.

I don't mind the times when my Sim looks after a toddler on a weekend. That's when I have my Sim teach that toddler their skills. Never know if that kid'll be a future son or daughter-in-law...teach them their skills, they get good traits, right?

I have other family members pitch in as well. Children can hug toddlers and give them bottles.

I like the "Tell Tale" interaction that gets unlocked at I think Level 3. Ups the children's Fun and Social (I found this out because that's what it does to children in my household). I love how the toddlers just sit there in a row, rocking back and forth and giggling hysterically!

That actually sounds nice! I've stayed away from it so far, because every time I have infants and toddlers in the family I am sooooo relieved when they age up. It terrifies me. It's so exhausting! I don't know how people do it in RL.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears

That always struck me as odd and contradictory too. It may be possible to mod out children showing up for daycare and increase the number of toddlers dropped off instead, though- looking at the .XML entries governing the profession in Retuner, there's several things that one can alter about it. Might try to make a revamped version where you get two extra toddlers per level rather than one and no children into a mod sometime, once I'm finished with university.
Theorist
#46 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:47 PM
All I can say is that probably they have kids going to daycare (as opposed to just children) because they have to "level up" the provider Sim somehow. Watching older kids gives them that chance, and in reality, older kids do go to daycare.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
All I can say is that probably they have kids going to daycare (as opposed to just children) because they have to "level up" the provider Sim somehow. Watching older kids gives them that chance, and in reality, older kids do go to daycare.

I know, I just mean it contradicts the usual game mechanics. Though if anything, the profession would probably be quite a bit more challenging with just a greater number of toddlers to look after, given their obvious physical limitations.

Here's my plan for how I'd try to modify the levels of the profession- according to other posters, this would be possible:

Level 1: Unchanged, 2 toddlers dropped off.

Level 2: Originally 3 toddlers dropped off, now raised to 4.

Level 3: Originally 4 toddlers dropped off, now raised to 6.

Level 4: Originally 5 toddlers dropped off, now raised to 8.

Level 5: Originally 6 toddlers dropped off, now raised to 10.

I'd also enable the unique "Tell Tale" interaction at an earlier level so that it appears more often, because there is an editable .XML governing that from what I've seen. And I might still leave problem children in, as while normal children appear to function perfectly fine without adult supervision in this game I can still see a sim parent making a problem child go to daycare to prevent them from breaking any more objects at home.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
That actually sounds nice! I've stayed away from it so far, because every time I have infants and toddlers in the family I am sooooo relieved when they age up. It terrifies me. It's so exhausting! I don't know how people do it in RL.

While you can't see their motives, you mouse over them and it tells you their most pressing need. Typically they'll need fed when they're dropped off (and it kinda ticks me off to see a starving toddler sitting there--and their parent RUNNING out the door), and you can count on a diaper change not long after. Sometimes you get a really lonely toddler. It's a matter of prioritizing. Got a couple toddlers and a teen or older available to help? Sit 'em on the potty. For one thing it increases Social. If your Sim has the Family Oriented trait, better yet!

I've got a bit of experience under my belt, so to speak, so now other family members pitch in only when necessary.

Sometimes at higher levels, you get no toddlers...just children. Or one toddler and four children. That's when my daycare worker sits back and relaxes.

One time I had triplet toddlers (born in game) and their mother was watching two other toddlers. It got interesting!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Theorist
#49 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:05 PM
After playing 2 different Sims as Daycare helpers, it makes a big difference what traits they have.

Also I hired a helper (babysitter) because my Sims seems to get burnt out too fast. She actually helps and my Sims has been okay so far. She also had her own little toddler to look after as well as 3 other charming little ones.

With a sitter (and my Sim's husband who loves kids and shows up from work at the end of the day) my Sim can sleep or nap a bit.

Notice how the babies are always "hungry, cranky, lonely and or dirty" within 5 minutes of arriving?

I also stick the radio or tv on (kids channel) which is bad, yeah, I know but it could buy some time.

I am a professional in this field so whatever you can do to stop those darlings from wailing is all good.

Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 4:56 PM
day care is fun and it s a good way to repopulate your town after a few generations, when EA story progression is going so creepy and if you don't want to try for babies all over the town before that happens
Page 2 of 2