Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default game crashing to desktop randomly
i have been playing sims 3 for a very long time now.recently my game is randomly crashing to desktop.i only have the base game.no expansions, no downloads, nothing. the crash log analyser says, incorrect executable-expecting ts3w.exe, got TS3.exe. i have no idea what that means.can someone please help me out.please.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:38 AM
crashing check lists available :
Answer HQ (EA) http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...es-CTD/td-p/656
Game Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklist http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...shing_Checklist
computer specs:
is your computer able to handle a bigger growing sims 3 base game? since you said you played sims longer - or were you on the minimum-medium requierements? your game specs could help us to judge that.
patch level:
on which patch level are you? i always recommend to be patched to the current version.
alternative "solution" by bypassing the launcher:
and since you always were able to play the game normally for a while did you try to run the game manually by using the ts3w.exe. so i hope its only a stupid warning that can be neglected for the very moment if bypassing the launcher stopps the crashes only of course.
=> try to bypass the launcher and start the game through the ts3w.exe which can be found in programs(x86)\theSims3\Game\Bin

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 12:15 PM
That crash log analyser error sounds like your TS3 patch version is too old for CLA.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
thank u so much for ur reply.i actually uninstalled and reinstalled the game. and also solved some memory issues of my pc.the crashing hasn't occurred since.so i think the problem is solved for now.also now i think i will update my game to the current patch like u asked me to do.thank u so much once again.(actually this is the first time i have got an answer to a Q asked through pc. )