Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Package file problems :(
I accidentally opened one of my package files into utorrent and now all of the package files open in utorrent. I need to know how to get them to open properly for me to install them.

Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
Well, you don't need to open a .package file to install it, you just need to put it in the right place. The game doesn't care what icon the file has.
If you want to open the files with something like S3PE or Simple CASP Editor, to edit the, just right-click any .package file, go Open With -> More options, select the right program and tick the "Always use this program for this type of file" box.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:54 PM
I know that I wasn't supposed to however I did, therefore I was wondering if there was a way to revert the package back to how it was before so it doesn't open in utorrent I really want to install the mod :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM Last edited by shmovese : 15th Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Nysha told you.
if you want a more familiar icon back the "easiest" way is to download S3PE or s3oc. after installation you can right-click on a package file => open with => more options and choose either S3OC OR S3PE as "always use this program of this type" (exactly as Nysha said) the checkbox.
there might be other fancy ways doing something in the registry but if you are no IT-expert i recommend getting one of these programs. maybe better s3oc from simogical . its lesser harmful i think correct me someone of course

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:08 PM
I'm sorry I misinterpreted what had been written, I understand now

Thank you for all your help