Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Default Switching from OS X to Windows: sims3pack cc and EP help.
Hullo.

After many frustrations brought about by playing TS3 on OS X, I finally got convinced to bootcamp my Mac and switch my TS3 platform to Windows. I have two concerns about this:

- I understood that to transfer my old mods and custom contents that are .package files, I can just copy the 'Mods' folder over to the Windows side. But what about custom content installed via the launcher? Is it okay to just transfer the contents of the 'DCCache' folder from Mac to Windows? Or do I have to install everything via the launcher again? (Because I'm afraid I have deleted some of those .sims3pack. My fault for not keeping a backup D

- The other concern is about EPs. On my Mac gameplay i only have the base game, HELS and Pets installed. If I wanted to install other EPs on Windows (I want to install Generations, Seasons, and some SP) how do i do the install order? Should I install it chronologically then transfer my save files & custom contents at the end?

Or should I install base game, HELS, and Pets first, transfer my previous save files etc, and then install the other EPs? I'm confused because I don't know if installing it this way will cause conflict with the save file.

Thanks in advance for the help. ^^ Happy simming everyone.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
Yes, just transfer the DCCache folder. If you want the CC to be included in lots and sims that you share, transfer the DCBackup folder too.

Install order usually doesn't matter, do it however is convenient. If that causes problems, you may have to reinstall in release order, but that's pretty dang rare.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:21 PM
Thank you for the fast reply!

When you mean by 'share' does that mean uploading to the exchange?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:11 PM
By share I mean any time you send a sims3pack to other people, whether on the Exchange or MTS or tumblr or email or whatever.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.