Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2526 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't see it on there.
My link was just to the front page of Squinge's mods. From there I'm afraid you have to drill down and search to find the right ones for your game. It's not too bad if your highest EP is EP4 (Pets) or later, as there are separate sub-forums for EPs 4 to 8, but for myself with a highest EP of EP2, but an EP3 game engine, I have to search through all 11 pages of the main forum. (I like Squinge's mods enough to find this worthwhile.)

Perhaps in these days of UC, I should have linked directly to the EP8 version as Amalia has done, (even though it's not the version I use myself) but I am perhaps more aware than most people that not everyone is playing AL. (In theory I have AL, as I have the UC in my Origin account, but I wouldn't dare download and play it on my netbook! ) Thanks Amalia anyway for linking to the version that's right for most people.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2527 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:19 PM
Thanks so much for posting the link to the sleepover hack! Unfortunately, I have InTeen so I don't think I can use it, darn it.
Forum Resident
#2528 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:55 PM
Is there a mod or hack to stop sims saluting when they go outside? I've only been playing with apartment life for 1 hour and it's already bugging me.
Theorist
#2529 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
At Simbology under Twojeff's mods http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#2530 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thank you. I got it.
Forum Resident
#2531 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
Is there a mod or hack to stop sims saluting when they go outside? I've only been playing with apartment life for 1 hour and it's already bugging me.

Saluting? I've never seen Sims salute...
Lab Assistant
#2532 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90

Is it summer? Maybe they are wiping sweat away. There's a little thermometer next to their picture that is either blue, green, or red. If it is red, they are too hot. There are mods that keep temperature stable I think.
Mad Poster
#2533 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:28 AM
They're shading their eyes from the sun. They do it at stupid times, like when holding a full bag of garbage.
Alchemist
#2534 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:57 AM
And babies. The Curious brothers' house is set up so the Sims have to walk outside to get to different sections of the house. They let go of the baby so often, leaving her suspended in mid-air, that I started pretending Alien babies are able to float.
Scholar
#2535 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
I remodeled the Curious house so fast and so thoroughly. It's just a pain as is.
Forum Resident
#2536 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
They're shading their eyes from the sun. They do it at stupid times, like when holding a full bag of garbage.

That's what I figured they were talking about. Big difference from saluting (anyone that salutes with their hand over their forehead is doing it entirely wrong).
Field Researcher
#2537 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
That's what I figured they were talking about. Big difference from saluting (anyone that salutes with their hand over their forehead is doing it entirely wrong).

Depends who you are, where you are and who or what you are saluting. But nice for assuming everyone is just like you.
Forum Resident
#2538 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
Depends who you are, where you are and who or what you are saluting. But nice for assuming everyone is just like you.

Well... I was in ROTC in high school, and that's not how the U.S. Military salutes. Never seen foreign military salute that way either, but there's a lot of countries in the world.
Inventor
#2539 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Here's the EP8 version.

And here is the one for:
Children sleepover free time
The version I need and maybe others as well.
Field Researcher
#2540 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:18 AM
I would like to see a mod that would let a Sim's descendants to inherit the actual amount that the person owned, perhaps divided between descendants in a similar way like the life insurance, but it makes no sense that descendants would just get a tiny inheritance when the person who died had, for example, 500.000$. So if this person, for example, had 2 children and had an equal relationship with both, they should each get 250.000$ (unless someone lives on that lot).
Field Researcher
#2541 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:52 PM
I would love an object that forces Sims to sit down and stay seated until indicated otherwise by me. I am sick and tired of weddings going badly because of add Sims wandering around while the marriage is taking place. Also, I get frustrated that quite a few guests never take a seat during the service, and it's a crap shoot how the service will play out since seating only takes place once the marriage is about to start. Being able to click on the wedding arch and choose an option to seat everyone before it can start would save a lot of hassles.

another reason why having the seating take place only when the ceremony is about to begin is, there's hardly any time for them all to sit. Nor do marrying Sims allow for enough time. Just a few seconds, then it's over. It's so irritating that I hardly ever want to bother throwing wedding parties. Guests never sit when they're supposed to, or gather during the toast or cake cutting.
Test Subject
#2542 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Agreed. If I ever wanted to break into someone's house and steal something, only for an angry Rottweiler to jump up and greet me at the window while I was jimmying the door right next to it, I'd very strongly consider moving on to the next house.

So large dogs should have the same effect at detering burglars. Maybe small dogs could have that effect too; even though small dogs can't physically stop a burglar, they can be pretty daggumed noisy and can thus alert someone who can stop the burglar. That's why the Tibetans started to breed Lhasa Apsos about four-thousand years back: the little dogs would sound off and let the Buddhist monks inside know whenever they had any burglars, spies, assassins or other undesireables snooping around. My parents have an eight-year-old Lhasa Apso named Tibby. Even after all these years, whenever I get out of my car and start coming up the walk, that little bitch gets loud. So I try to avoid visiting my folks at 3 AM; for one, it's common courtesy, and for two, if Tibby wakes Dad up at oh-dark-thirty, he's coming outside with the shotgun. No one's stealing their house's copper pipes on Tibby's watch.
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض

I definitely wouldn't trust a cat to guard a house against burglars, though. Against mice and bugs, yes. Against anything bigger than that, cats are useless.

As for the next thing on our hacky wish list? I haven't been playing very much TS2 for about a week now because of my other hobbies: roleplaying games and drawing. I've been posting and working some more on my forum-based Dungeons & Dragons 3.25 campaign, "The Fall and Rise of the House of Ainsley". I've also been doodling and sketching some fancy pictures for said D&D campaign, and on the side I've also been working on my upcoming Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game campaign, which I hope to soon be running at the Geek World store in Tyler. Yes, the Street Fighter game exists, and I have the complete collection of all its core books and supplements, plus the screen. My campaign's going to rock the hands off a clock.

So why can't TS2 have a Game Master's Screen for a Simmy-styled tabletop roleplaying game? You buy the Game Master's Screen for, say, Simerica's favorite roleplaying game, Sul-Sul: The Gerbitzing. You put the screen on a dinner table, you make sure that the table's surrounded by chairs, and you have one of your Sims use the screen. That Sim sits down behind the screen; he's now the game master. Then that Sim invites other Sims to Join, and they sit down in the other chairs at that table; they're now the players. Then the game master and the players all spawn sheets of paper and funny-looking dice on the table in front of them, and they start playing, and they all start getting Fun, Social, Comfort and Games enthusiasm. I'm not sure if a big map and a bunch of miniatures could spawn in the center of the table, given how TS2 handles its tables and its seating. But it would be nice.

Back in my Air Force years, a bunch of my buddies and I used to hijack the pool table in our barracks' second-floor dayroom for our weekly RPGs, one of which was "The Reign of the Shadow King," my three-year-long "D&D 1.5" campaign (a hybrid of Red Box D&D and AD&D). So maybe Sims could also use the Game Master Screen with a billiards table and some chairs around it. It would give Sims something to do with their billiards tables besides playing billiards, wouldn't it?

Been wanting this since Pets came out. I actually expected dogs to be able to do this. Got a large breed dog for my sims. Next time the burglar came, nothing. Not even a bark from the useless mutt! Been waiting for the wonderful "dogs can fight sims" mod ever since. Still hoping it comes!
Test Subject
#2543 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM
Shareable Downtown areas without all the hassle of making a Megahood and potentially destroying my game.
Mad Poster
#2544 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trekkie
Shareable Downtown areas without all the hassle of making a Megahood and potentially destroying my game.

Shareable Downtowns would break your game faster than a Megahood would.
Mad Poster
#2545 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkannie
I would love an object that forces Sims to sit down and stay seated until indicated otherwise by me. I am sick and tired of weddings going badly because of add Sims wandering around while the marriage is taking place. Also, I get frustrated that quite a few guests never take a seat during the service, and it's a crap shoot how the service will play out since seating only takes place once the marriage is about to start. Being able to click on the wedding arch and choose an option to seat everyone before it can start would save a lot of hassles.

another reason why having the seating take place only when the ceremony is about to begin is, there's hardly any time for them all to sit. Nor do marrying Sims allow for enough time. Just a few seconds, then it's over. It's so irritating that I hardly ever want to bother throwing wedding parties. Guests never sit when they're supposed to, or gather during the toast or cake cutting.

I have a chair that requires everyone to sit down-it's called the 'captive chair' (made by XPTL, who's cool with sharing) and it makes everyone sit down. I use it for weddings and funerals. Here's the link to it in my mediafire files: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles

It works! People will arrive at the festivities and sit down. They'll stay more or less seated during the ceremony and then have fun afterwards.
It's the first file in the list; there's another one by Gwenke also-and the 'funeral bits' hack by Cathair, which serves to allow the player to have funerals complete with eulogies.
Lab Assistant
#2546 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM
- A mod that disable aging of sims and animals (so I don't have to use the cheat 'aging off' or to change age with SimPE)
- Breath holding contest. (both in pool and on dry land)

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Test Subject
#2547 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliceSacco
- A mod that disable aging of sims and animals (so I don't have to use the cheat 'aging off' or to change age with SimPE)

Do you mean something like this?
Lab Assistant
#2548 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by february
Do you mean something like this?

No. I meant a mod that, when you start to play the game, aging is already disabled. Unless you don't remove that mod from your download folder.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Instructor
#2549 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:18 PM
You could always modify your userstartup.cheat to always have aging off. http://modthesims.info/t/84924

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#2550 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:07 PM
That Mediafire link doesn't work. I think it takes you to your own personal page, so unless someone is logged in as you then they won't be able to access it.

For making people sit in chairs you could always just temporarily turn free will off until after the wedding.
Page 102 of 580