Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Free will doesn't work
OK, so I tested the game, and it looks like when I start a new game, and I have only two Sims, it's OK. But when I play for some time on this save and there are kids, grandparents etc, they don't use free will at all, even when I have it in options on full... And it's not that I have weak computer, the game is no laggy or glitchy, it's rather smooth, even in Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso... So why this free will doesn't work? Generally I don't let them use their free will, meaning, I give them tasks to do. But I like watching them swimming in the pool, and they are not using free will there too, so I must click on the water "swim there", jump o trampoline etc... I tried on fresh My Documents folder, with, and without mods... I have lots of Store and CC.

I have all EP's and SP's (I only don't have Katy Perry). My computer:

Windows 7 HP x64
Processor I5
RAM 8 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GTX 760
SSD drive.

I guess it's the game bug, but maybe somebody fixed it, and I don't know about it...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:09 AM Last edited by shmovese : 6th Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM.
maybe it just takes a bit longer for them to free will around? how long do you wait to see if they react on their own?
with all that CC, Store Content and every EP the requierements for the game are much higher than noted by EA. its a RAM-intense game

also free-will issues have been reported and discussed here at MTS before. some simmers experienced problems with autonomy if
- they had large dogs in their households
- they were playing in overpopulated neighbourhoods / households. bigger save games due to playing neighbourhoods a long time. many households, service sims and maybe pets spawning needs a lot of CPU and can have negative backdrop on autonomy it seems as well

a possible solution to the second IF can be the use of mods that help clean up the sims 3 in general like the following ones on nraas: master controller , overwatch , error trap but also register (that directly gives you better control over the neighbourhoods populations settings for critters, service sims and e.p. tourists)
i use all of the mods above in my game without issues. but some of them do noticable changes to the game (e.p. master controller overhauls the pie menue options). read the descriptions before downloading / installing if thats what you want. the mod support in that forum is comparable to here. so its a reliable site - the mods are used by many people. you need to apply for membership of that nraas wiki if you want to report bugs / ask for help though.

MTS discussions are here:
http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559
Other - Free Will Not Working

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:42 PM
Well I waited what will happen, if I'll leave them alone, and they did something on they're own after 3 sim hours... I have all of those mods you said. I have about 150 Sims in the town (neighbours), 5 turists, 5 aliens and.. 240 NPC!!! Do I really need so many of them?! I just left Register on it's own, only choose no stray pets. I think I'll delete those NPC's... I think I might know why they are so many. I have business as usual bistro, and for some reason cooks are not comming to work, and game generates new cooks, every day I have two infos about those cooks. Maybe you know some fix for this bistro? I just love it...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
bistro bug
i had no time to read tests about the bistro yet or test it myself - so i am hearing that "cook issue" the first time here. will see if i can find a fix...

overpopulation
yeah thats a big town with many people. also likely the cause why the free will is "laggy" even if the game doesnt play laggy as you say.
=> since you already used nraas mods are you a member? i think its best to ask there how you can get rid of some of those npcs with their mods safely. mc can do it and register can avoid re-polulating. but i am always confused HOW to do it since there are more options in mc pie menue... advanced kill and stuff

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 4:23 PM
I'll just delete them with Master Controler. The game will generate new ones. Even the Grim Reaper... :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:06 PM
Clearing NPC's didn't help. I gues I need to face the fact.... TS3 i buggy, and laggy and It's nothing that can be done about it...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
(...) I gues I need to face the fact.... TS3 (...) laggy and It's nothing that can be done about it...

did you check this at nraas? Tips For Better Game Performance there are in fact some instruments and methods to help Sims 3 run smoother. the mods mentioned kept/keep my game playable.

generally: there is a big problem for that game to handle huge saves and overpopulation. sadly EAs population settings always lead to exactly that if you play a very long time in a neighbourhood. i experience the best performance and the most fun when not trying to have such big neighbourhoods and playing in one neighbourhood too long. but i generally enjoy to start over new. so thats no big deal for me.

also: since you are using some nraas mods already did you think about becoming a wiki member? i highly recommend asking there if they have solutions for your "free will issue" and better tips how to get the most out of their mods. they know the best - since they maintain twallans creations. becoming a member is no hassle at all and you will get awesome support over there.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
I'm doing all of this. I'm using 3Booter, EA world files with fixed routing... But honestly, I would have to get rid of at least half of Store\CC content, and you ain't gonna see me doing that... The game doesn't lag, and I have no save errors. Playing with less CC would be less fun, than playing without free will. I'll ask on NRaas forum, but I doupt there is any help with this free will.