Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Stuck on loading screen
My Sims 3 was running fine. I put in some .sim files and it still ran fine. Then I tried to install some package files and that's where things went wrong. I did all of the installation steps correctly over and over. The nointro.package file worked and everything. The game will load then take me to the screen where you can pick a game to load up, so I pick my saved game and the loading screen comes up and the loading bar will go to the very tip then stop. The music will still be playing and the loading screens will still be cycling with that little game where you find things. But the loading bar will just stay there.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:27 PM
1. did you try to delete cache files? this is recommended when you install new package cc! try if that helps first - Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files loading the game after deleting the caches WILL take longer. so be patient!

2. since you installed packages and additional content there is always a chance that some of the items are incompatibel and conflicting. its easiest to find out using Delphys Dashboard

3.if you cannot load your save check the Saves Folder (under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) if that save became corrupted. you can see this when the filename has a .bad ending. do you have files with .bad ending? move them out normally one should delete them - but since i have no idea how to restore the file / if theres a way - better keep it somewhere. maybe someone knows

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>